“Off strip,but not too far”

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #8 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Sao Paulo, SP
“Off strip,but not too far”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

I really enjoy stayed at a Hotel in Vegas with no casinos,no cigar smell,no noise...I've stayed with my family on christmas and we enjoyed the Hotel.The room was big as an apartment. Very clean,with a full kitchen with a wash and dryer also.The beds was the best! The bathroom was enormous with bathtub (large) and shower separately.We tried the breakfast at the hotel restaurant,and it was very nice. the only thing that I didn't like was the bar at the night. We tried to have a dinner but not worth it. We had hamburgers and soup but it was not good.I think they are like a bar and do arrangements,if someone wants to eat. That said,i think it's a nice place to stay,if you don't want the crowd of the Strip.You can easily walk to there,10 minutes at most .It was a cold weather,so nice to walk.In summer it must be very hot. They have a pool also.

Room Tip: The princess room with the Strip view. Ask for a higher floor,the lowest smell food!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. Looks like you enjoyed the room but I have to apologize for the quality of food you received during your stay. I assure you this is not the norm. We will share your review with all team members to ensure that we address and take the proper steps so future visits and guests do not encounter the same concerns. I hope you consider staying with us again, and if you do please ask for me. I would love to personally get involved and make certain you receive the best possible service.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,011)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

What an amazing stay! Not too far off the strip. 5-10 minutes to Ballys or Flamingo, and then you can just cut through either hotel to get to the strip. Or just keep walking another 5 mins and Caesars Palace is right there as well. Staff was extra friendly. Room service comes a little early at 1030 but you can easily tell them to come back later. Beds are super comfortable and the suites are large enough for a family. In all, yes I would stay here again especially at the amazing rate I got.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Blair L
Thank you for the lovely review. We do appreciate it and are very glad you enjoyed your stay. We do pride ourselves on service. We hope it isn't too long before we have you as our guest again. Thank you.
Taupo, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

LOVE this hotel. From the minute we stepped into the hotel reception we were greeted by Christie who was absolutely lovely despite our arrival being in the early hours of the morning. If you don't mind staying a couple of blocks from the hustle of casinos and the strip this place is perfect. My husband and I stayed in a one bedroom apartment with a full kitchen which made the cost of eating out a little less painful. The apartment was immaculate and the amenities well maintained. Everyone from front of reception, bell hops and valets were friendly and extremely helpful. It was a wonderful surprise when we entered our apartment on the first day after exploring the strip and there was a bottle of champagne and glasses with a personal note from Christie and the Hotel. Thank you guys for making our first trip to America an unforgettable one!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for sharing your memorable stay . Short, sweet, and to the point. It makes me feel good that our team is collectively providing great service. i will be sure to pull Christie aside and give her the kudos she deserves. We hope to see you again soon and spread the word in New Zealand....Cheers
Milpitas, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

We had a great time at Platinum Hotel. Our flight was delayed back home, so we had to stay overnight in Las Vegas. My sister did a quick search on her phone and found out that Platinum Hotel had a last minute special deal for one night.

The hotel was awesome since it was a suite and in really nice condition. The huge bathroom and kitchen area was a nice touch. This bathroom is bigger than what I have in my house! I like how there isn't a casino, so we don't have to worry about second hand smoke.

The location for this place is behind Bally's, so only a couple blocks from the main strip. If you need to buy food, there are several convenience stores nearby such as 7-11.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank KeroppiQueen
I'm very happy to hear about your great experience. I have already forwarded your review to our department heads to share and recognize their teams. Its nice not coming back to a smokey hotel. We love to hear about great visits like this. Please come back and visit soon. All the best! Thank you
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

I recently stayed in the Platinum for 2 nights with my family of four. It was perfect for us as a family (two queen beds plus a queen pull out sofa) - and I would stay there without kids if I ever came back to Vegas. I would not have liked to have to navigate the craziness of the strip casinos to get to my room, and really appreciated a hotel that is just a hotel (not a casino), off the strip.

The rooms are spacious and very well appointed. The linens were very high quality, the rooms were beautiful, the kids enjoyed the huge jacuzzi bath, and the service was great (front desk, valet and restaurant). We ate breakfast twice in the hotel restaurant and were very happy with the quality of food both times.

Room Tip: HIgher floors would be quieter, so try to get as high as possible.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kaisermcmahon
Thank you for the great review. All great points you bring up. We will be certain to recognize our staff for delivering great customer service.Thank you again for the great review. We will be waiting for your return. Take care.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

Platinum was really a home away from home. We were given a free upgrade to a Princess suite which has a washer and dryer which was handy. Felt like we had an apartment rather than a hotel room. We also liked that there were no resort fees, plus the pool was open during our visit (24 – 31 December 2013), and was heated so it was nice and warm. Staff also very helpful and a pleasure to deal with. Location isn’t bad, Tuscany casino is right next door for a quick gamble. About 10 min walk from Ballys/Paris.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CoachBombay
We appreciate the feedback. We will share your review with our team and thank them for their hard work. How many places can you swim in 80 degree water in January!!! We hope we see you back here soon. Thank you for the referrals, they are appreciated!
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

Reserved a room for January 2014, and even paid the first night in advance at a special rate through the hotel using our travel agencies SABRE system, not a booking service like Tripadvisor. I received a call a few weeks later from the reservation department telling me that they sold the room too cheap, but would be willing to give me a "special" deal, which was two to three times more for the same room. They claimed they made a mistake, and said they wouldn't honor the pricing and canceled my room. The pricing was done directly through the hotel, using the pricing that *only* the hotel can apply, but the sales/reservations department told me they can get much, much more money for that room, so I would have to find another place to stay. Needless to say, our travel agency will never send any of our clients to a hotel that we simply can't trust. If they're not trust-worthy, why take the chance? When a property is so far off from the strip that you can't safely walk to the strip, and with so much traffic/construction in the area, it makes me wonder how they can afford to treat a travel agent like this. If you're only a consumer, and not an agent, imagine how they may treat you if you have a problem ... I'd be very worried.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business