“Fantastic Stay!”

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #7 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We came to Vegas to tour venues for our wedding. The Platinum is a beautiful hotel, the staff is friendly, attentive and conscientious! They go above and beyond with everything they do. From our check-in (where they upgraded us for free) to lunch at Kilowat (checked on by no less than 3 different employees during the meal) everything was more than what we could ask for. The prices are right and the food is incredible. The rooms are large, clean and the beds are comfortable. Having a full kitchen is a huge plus! Just a city block from the strip - it's close enough to the action and far enough to not be intrusive. We are seriously considering having our wedding here we liked it so much. Highly Recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Thank you for sharing your stay... I am very glad to see our staff took great care of you. Our culinary team makes some pretty tasty dishes and more importantly they do it with a smile. We hope you choose us for your special day!!!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Having been to Las Vegas several times, I was not interested in a Strip hotel. Wanted an option that was easier to enter, navigate, handle my car etc. I was extremely pleased with this hotel. Service was excellent, any requests of housekeeping was met within a few minutes. Valet service was efficient. Was upgraded to a suite upon arrival and found the room very comfortable. Located behind Bally's this was still a quick walk to the Strip if desired. all in all.....excellent

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

I'm very happy to hear about your great experience. I have already forwarded your review to our department heads to share and recognize their teams and their quick response times. Love to hear about great visits like this. Please come back and visit soon. All the best!

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Had a prepaid reservation for two nights at the Platinum. A missed flight connection due to an in-flight medical emergency resulted in a delay of about 11 hours arriving in Las Vegas.

Phoned Platinum on the evening when I was originally supposed to arrive to request that I not be treated as a no-show and to let them know I expected to arrive around 10am the following morning. The agent at Platinum said this "change" could not be accommodated. Even when I asked for my late arrival simply to be noted on the reservation, he replied this was not something he was authorized to do. In case there was any confusion about what I was asking, I was explicit that I did not want a refund for the first night, only to arrive late.

Maybe I'm wrong, but had thought that allowing late arrival is generally a standard practise in the hotel industry (while I've previously asked hotels for "after midnight" arrival many times, I only recall asking for "next morning" arrival once or twice, but never had an issue). I don't really know why Platinum refused the request, e.g., if Platinum's policy differs from other hotels, if I had a poorly trained agent, or if Platinum wanted to double sell my room, etc?

Finally the agent told me to contact expedia (even though the booking was made through hotwire). I called hotwire, who told me to contact Platinum directly. When I told the hotwire agent about my experience, she tried to phone the Platinum on my behalf, but they kept her on hold so long that she ended up cancelling and refunding the reservation and helping me make a new one at a different hotel.

Had been looking forward to my Platinum stay based on its positive reviews, but must say my pre-stay experience on the phone line was frustrating and in the end it worked out well that I stayed elsewhere thanks to help from hotwire.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank clrcut
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Thank you very much for the feedback. I do want to apologize right away. This is not acceptable and I will have a discussion with the person you were in contact with. We need to make things easy for our guests and to be honest we typically do a much better job. We will use this to become better for future guests. Again my apologies for the lack of service. This has not will not go unnoticed or unaddressed.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I really enjoy stayed at a Hotel in Vegas with no casinos,no cigar smell,no noise...I've stayed with my family on christmas and we enjoyed the Hotel.The room was big as an apartment. Very clean,with a full kitchen with a wash and dryer also.The beds was the best! The bathroom was enormous with bathtub (large) and shower separately.We tried the breakfast at the hotel restaurant,and it was very nice. the only thing that I didn't like was the bar at the night. We tried to have a dinner but not worth it. We had hamburgers and soup but it was not good.I think they are like a bar and do arrangements,if someone wants to eat. That said,i think it's a nice place to stay,if you don't want the crowd of the Strip.You can easily walk to there,10 minutes at most .It was a cold weather,so nice to walk.In summer it must be very hot. They have a pool also.

Room Tip: The princess room with the Strip view. Ask for a higher floor,the lowest smell food!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. Looks like you enjoyed the room but I have to apologize for the quality of food you received during your stay. I assure you this is not the norm. We will share your review with all team members to ensure that we address and take the proper steps so future visits and guests do not encounter the same concerns. I hope you consider staying with us again, and if you do please ask for me. I would love to personally get involved and make certain you receive the best possible service.

Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

What an amazing stay! Not too far off the strip. 5-10 minutes to Ballys or Flamingo, and then you can just cut through either hotel to get to the strip. Or just keep walking another 5 mins and Caesars Palace is right there as well. Staff was extra friendly. Room service comes a little early at 1030 but you can easily tell them to come back later. Beds are super comfortable and the suites are large enough for a family. In all, yes I would stay here again especially at the amazing rate I got.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Blair L

Thank you for the lovely review. We do appreciate it and are very glad you enjoyed your stay. We do pride ourselves on service. We hope it isn't too long before we have you as our guest again. Thank you.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

LOVE this hotel. From the minute we stepped into the hotel reception we were greeted by Christie who was absolutely lovely despite our arrival being in the early hours of the morning. If you don't mind staying a couple of blocks from the hustle of casinos and the strip this place is perfect. My husband and I stayed in a one bedroom apartment with a full kitchen which made the cost of eating out a little less painful. The apartment was immaculate and the amenities well maintained. Everyone from front of reception, bell hops and valets were friendly and extremely helpful. It was a wonderful surprise when we entered our apartment on the first day after exploring the strip and there was a bottle of champagne and glasses with a personal note from Christie and the Hotel. Thank you guys for making our first trip to America an unforgettable one!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for sharing your memorable stay . Short, sweet, and to the point. It makes me feel good that our team is collectively providing great service. i will be sure to pull Christie aside and give her the kudos she deserves. We hope to see you again soon and spread the word in New Zealand....Cheers

Reviewed 19 January 2014

We had a great time at Platinum Hotel. Our flight was delayed back home, so we had to stay overnight in Las Vegas. My sister did a quick search on her phone and found out that Platinum Hotel had a last minute special deal for one night.

The hotel was awesome since it was a suite and in really nice condition. The huge bathroom and kitchen area was a nice touch. This bathroom is bigger than what I have in my house! I like how there isn't a casino, so we don't have to worry about second hand smoke.

The location for this place is behind Bally's, so only a couple blocks from the main strip. If you need to buy food, there are several convenience stores nearby such as 7-11.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KeroppiQueen

I'm very happy to hear about your great experience. I have already forwarded your review to our department heads to share and recognize their teams. Its nice not coming back to a smokey hotel. We love to hear about great visits like this. Please come back and visit soon. All the best! Thank you