“Outstanding!”

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #8 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I have traveled and stayed at multiple hotels in Vegas...both on and off the strip. While there are pluses and minuses to every location, one thing is for sure--you can't beat the rooms and service at the Platinum. The rooms are incredible--large living area, full kitchen, enormous bathroom and large bedroom. All the rooms have balconies and while some may not have gorgeous views--others absolutely have one of the best views in Vegas. The pool area is outstanding...even a great place to enjoy the evening in the winter. And the little bar in the lobby (Stirs) was perfect. I was there on business and it was way more than I needed--but plan to return with my family soon.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Thanks for the great review. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay. I'm glad you got to experience the new pool area as well. We hope to see you and your family out here again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,789)

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Greetings fellow Trip advisor readers.

I recently took a weekend trip to Las Vegas for a little fun in the sun and partial business. By no means was this my first trip to Vegas but i figured id do what we all do and shop around online.

While doing my rate shopping online, i came across The Platinum Hotel. While rate wasn't the lowest in comparison to other hotel i did notice they had HUGE rooms based on the square footage they advertised. I took a look at the website and noticed they offered all the same amenities these big conglomerates were offering and only 2 block off the strip. If anyone travels to Vegas, we all know these cab drivers don't drive you around on the strip, they take the "back roads" so i figured id check them out and book.

They advertised pool, spa, FREE Wi-Fi, full restaurant and FREE Valet parking. Ummmmm...duh, WINNING!!

Long story short, talk about top notch service. From the moment i arrived and pulled up to Valet, Valet driver Jimmy was there with a perfect 10 greeting. He proceeded to direct me to the front desk where i was greeted by a nice young lady who just like Jimmy, gave me perfect service and had me checked in within 2 minutes. Not like these Big hotels where it takes you 10 minutes just to find the front desk, wait another 10 minutes in line to ultimately be checked in and pointed down the casino which takes another 10 minutes to find the elevators.

Room was great, HUGE bathroom, the free Wi-Fi worked spot on and FULL kitchen. Talk about a room for the weekend, this thing was bigger than my apartment!! I could have parked 5 Cadillac's in this room. As a hotelier with 10 years in the industry i know exactly what to look for and I pay attention to the little things most people do not look for.

This Hotel was amazing and i had a perfect 10 experience!!
From the check-in to check out you couldnt ask for anything better. Did I mention NO LINE FOR A CAB??? Yup, no line, very quick wait and what do ya know. All the cabs drive right along the same street the hotel is on so your to the clubs and pools within minutes.

Kudos to all the staff for making my stay perfect. See you soon Platinum hotel, you just won a customer for life!!

Room Tip: Princess suite, strip facing and try the breakfast!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank mcarvello

Thank you for the awesome review. You have quickly become one of our staff's favorite guests. We appreciate your loyalty to us and thank you for everything. I'm sorry I missed you on my trip out to San Diego. Unfortunately the weather wasn't too great, but you definitely have a very fun city as well. All the best...I'm sure we will see you again at Platinum soon.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Stayed at the Platinum for over a week and don't plan to return. We were really disappointing to pay so much for a hotel and have the experience mostly negative. The biggest issue was how rude everyone was and how they seem solely motivated by tips. A few examples:
• Guests are have to valet park even there is a 5 story parking garage right next to the hotel that was empty our entire stay. It quickly became annoying to have to wait and tip the valet, especially on the days we needed to the car at multiple points.
• They wouldn’t allow us to use the luggage cart unless a staff member did all the unloading and loading.
• When the business center computers didn’t work in an urgent situation the staff wouldn’t even look at them and told us to call the 800 number on a sticker above the monitor.

This continued every day we were there. At several points we tried to get a hold of the hotel manager. Despite being told several times we would be called, we never heard anything.
The big reasons we picket this hotel were for the kitchen and the balcony. However, neither ended up being much of an advantage. The stove is located right below the fire alarm which we set off when we tried to cook breakfast on the first day. Security came to our room after about 30min were able to get the loud siren to turn off. They told us that the things are so sensitive it’s pretty much impossible to cook anything without setting them off.
The balcony has a strict no smoking rule and they have signs up claiming to charge you $400 or something outrageous if they catch you smoking on the balcony. This wasn’t a huge issue for us, but one of the members of our group was furious about this seemingly pointless rule and the fact they didn’t mention this when we reserved the rooms. After a few days, it became clear the other hotel guests were just going into the hall ways of the hotel to smoke and as a result this “non smoking” hotel constantly smelled like cigarettes in the hallway and elevators. Since the view from the balcony was either a parking lot or a different parking lot, we didn’t go out there very much.
The walk to the strip is wasn’t bad but a little bit sketchy as we were hit up for money about half the time. Overall it took about 10/15 min to get to anything. You walk down the street a long block and then enter Bally’s. You still have a bit more walking from there but can access the monorail and most of the central strip within half an hour.
Wished we had spent more time looking at hotels and found somewhere else. We could have stayed at a number of nice hotels on the strip for less money. We would have also avoided the daily valet expense and 45min of walking each day.

Room Tip: Don't expect the staff to go out of their way
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Harriswes

First I'd like to apologize for our hotel not meeting your expectations. We definitely have reasoning for being valet only. One of the biggest reasons is that there is not convenient access to the hotel from the parking garage. If you don't have a key you are walking all the way back to the front entrance to get in. There are several other reasons. I am very shocked to hear about the smell of cigarettes in the hallways. I assure you this is not typical at all. The lack of assistance regarding the business center is unacceptable and we will address this immediately. Regarding the balconies, we do still have guests that try to smoke out there. We also get guest complaints about cigarette butts being flicked off them from high floors as well as the smell from other guest balconies. That is why we do charge the $500 fee and try to keep it 100% non-smoking. Again we are very sorry you did not enjoy your stay. We will certainly look to make improvements and address some of these items you highlighted in your review.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Nice stay in Vegas for President's Day weekend; 100% Non-Smoking! Great hotel-accepts pets which was a big plus and valet parking at no extra charge. Valet was great and always fast and courteous. Reception and Concierge were very nice and helpful. Wife and 2 daughters had spa package as Valentine gift-said the staff and service was excellent. Good location; not too far from strip. Little problem with sewage smell at hotel entrance and elevator, but has been cleared up since stay per Director of Rooms. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the great review...yep that sewage smell is definitely gone now and we hope to never have it here again!

Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at Platinum due to the feel your in a home-condo, rather than 450 Sq ft hotel room. Three large rooms to accommodate the weary traveller.

I booked due to the web site showing a fireplace, but the room had none. So if this be the case for you, make sure you request a fireplace. (Even though everyone in Vegas is well trained to say "we guarantee nothing").

I stayed in room 1107. Tips for improvement:
1) deep clean this suite, there is a strong odor.
2) move the chair and lamp near the bedroom window, there is months, possibly years of dirt beneath them. (As I said, this suite needs a deep cleaning, move all the furniture and go at it)

As for the morning restaurant, I was cheerfully greeted by a young gentleman. Thank you.

As for the front desk, hospitality emphasis training is recommended and would truly enhance the property.

Jimmy, valet, hit the ball out of the park. Thank you.

All in all, great stay, but due to the strong odor in room 1107, I would not consider another stay with Platinum. Any venue that over looks odors and charges top dollar, has not gained my confidence. I stay at 4-5 star properties to ensure my stay is odor-free. Therefore all this accumulates my average rating, and I graciously give you 3 1/2 stars, not 4.

Happy traveling all !!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your feedback. We have since had this room deep cleaned. I do apologize for the lack of service at the desk but am glad and we will recognize the breakfast staff and Jimmy for a job well done. With regards to the room type, I think there may have been some confusion. It appears you booked a Solitaire suite. These units do not have the fireplaces in them. Our Marquise Suites and Princess Suites do have these and wash/dryer combos in them. I hope that clarifies for any other Tripadvisor readers. Thanks again for the feedback. We will use this to focus our attention on those areas you mentioned.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We stayed over the holidays at this hotel. Hotel is off strip and for many, that is a deal breaker. But after staying here, it was much nicer & very convenient. Rooms were huge, more like a condo than hotel room. Bathroom is huge with shower and jetted tub. We had an 8 floor room and the view was excellent. Balcony was a plus! After visiting many of the other hotels & casinos on the strip, we realized that because the Platinum has no casino, it also has no SMOKE! Great and unexpected plus. Enjoyed the stay and will look here when visiting Vegas again.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have better view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for the great survey. I agree that it is very nice to get away from all the smoke and craziness of the strip to relax and unwind just a couple of blocks away. We even have smokers that stay here (they use the outdoor area on the ground level) because even they get tired of constant smoke and second hand smoke being breathed in. Hope we can have you as our guest again soon. All the best.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Just what you expect. Relatively quiet hotel a 10 minute walk from start of strip though because of construction projects on streets expect a 20 minute walk to main strip locations. Rooms are clean and spacious but lack any character. Pillows were not very good but useable. Kitchen was nice. Staff was efficient but not particularly welcoming.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the feedback. We will closer monitor our service standards at the front, and I know my executive housekeeper is looking into some new pillows. We hope you consider us in the future. All the best.