“Great Stay!!”

Ranked #8 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Stay!!”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

The hotel was awesome, the restaurant on the 5th floor was great the server Emerito was very friendly and made us feel very welcome and helped us with all our questions thanks! it was our first time staying there, for sure we'll be back!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank John S
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Thanks for the nice review and we are happy you had a great stay. We will be certain to recognize Emerito and thank him for the wonderful service he provided you. All the best! We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,026)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Little Falls, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 March 2014

The restaurant Kil@watt was excellent! One day for lunch, I had their daily special and it was delicious! The sandwich was combination of flavors I've never experienced before. We had breakfast everyday here. It was always delicious, fast, and priced right.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for the great review of our Food & Beverage operations. This is one of our own little hidden gems. Not a lot of people know about our quality of food and others don't realize the savings they can get compared to the strip. Especially our 1/2 off happy hour menu!
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stayed at the Platinum Hotel and Spa March 3-7 while in town for CONEXPO. My room was on the 5th floor close to the pool. It was a one bedroom. This was a first for me staying off the strip and in a Condo / Hotel with no casino and I have to say I liked it. I do enjoy gambling so it kept me out of the casinos a little more thus more cash in my pocket. The hotel is located a block or so behind Bally’s which was an easy walk to catch the monorail or the shuttle to the Rio. There is a 7-11 right outside the hotel which makes it easy for grabbing a bottle of water without paying strip prices.

The room was nice. Amenities included a full size kitchen, walk in shower, separate jetted tub, TV’s in the living area and bedroom, pull out sofa bed, indoor / outdoor pool and fitness center. Wi-Fi was free and extremely fast. The pool area was exceptionally nice with hot tub, fire pits, loungers and a nice view for the Vegas skyline. The pool was also heated. They also had a bar and restaurant but I used neither. I use the fitness center once and it was nice. They had elliptical machines, treadmills, some free weights, a cable machine, water cooler and plenty of towels.

I gambled at the Weston across the street a fair amount in the evenings. This is a two minute walk depending on traffic. Their casino was small but tables were $5 min all the time and the dealers, pit boss and cocktail waitresses were super friendly. I decided I would rather blow my money here than on the strip.

The only negative about staying at the Platinum I can think of is the walk to the strip can be a little sketchy at night. A fair amount of homeless people sit, sleep and pan handle on the side walk behind Bally’s. I never had an issue but I wouldn’t want my wife walking the area without me. This would not stop me from staying here. The Platinum is a good deal for the price and a nice change from the mega hotels on the strip.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor for a better view of the skyline.
2 Thank Chris5984
Thank you for the nice and honest review. We really appreciate it. We are excited for this area of Las Vegas to continue to grow. With the addition of the LINQ project, as well as a few new businesses renovating or going through construction we hope it continues to liven up this area and make it more comfortable for our guests. I understand your concerns of safety as it is paramount to our hotel and our hotel's loss prevention department, although I do want to say I do not recall any guests having an actual confrontation and I never personally have in my time here encountered a big problem.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 12 March 2014

The Platinum is fabulous, great location and great staff. Close to the Las Vegas Strip, walking distance from The LINQ, the Las Vegas Howard Hughes Center and to great restaurants!
The rooms are very nice and spacious, they have a full kitchen, balcony and everything. This hotel is pet friendly, room service made my dog's bed too! My room had a fantastic view of the strip and their roof top pool. I highly recommend this place!!

Room Tip: Ask about pool & strip view!
1 Thank StephBullock
Thank you again for the great review! I love reading about when our team goes above and beyond and they get recognized by our guest. We are going to do something special for that housekeeper that cleaned your room and took the time to make the dog bed. Awesome review...come back and visit soon!
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 11 March 2014

The Platinum continues to be fresh and fabulous. Comprehensive personalized service is their added advantage. Never mind the beautiful rooms and hotel facilities, friendly bar, intimate restaurant, great pool and relaxing spa (Ellen, you are soooo goooood!); never mind the view, huge bathroom with whirlpool tub, the fireplace, full kitchen and tremendous view. It is the personal service. From the vallets to the desk staff to the concierge, if they do not know your name on arrival, they will be greeting you by name on your departure because you WILL be back! This is a place where memories are made. Where all you need to do is ask and magic happens! This is my third review over six years and it just keeps getting better!

Room Tip: High room, eastern view. Let the sunrise across the valley greet you in the morning for your coffee...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank kumtux
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you very much for the review. It was a pleasure getting to meet you on your last trip. I'm glad that the staff was able to take extra good care of you. Please let me know when you come back next time...All the best!
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 10 March 2014

My room (Princess Suite) is very spacious and well equipped (full kitchen, washer and dryer, fireplace, balcony and very large jetted tub). The location is close enough to walk to the Strip. The hotel staff members are all professional, responsive and polite. I would definitely recommend this hotel for both business and pleasure.

1 Thank B2Z1975
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you for the great recommendations and review. I think you made a wise choice in selecting one of our Princess Suites. Although I think all of our suites provide some exceptional value and bang for your buck, I do think that the Princess Suite with the extra square footage, fireplace, and washer/dryer is well worth the upgrade cost. All the best. We hope to see you back in Las Vegas soon!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 5 March 2014

3 stars is a bit harsh, 4 stars would be a bit generous.

Pros: The suite is pretty good if you need to make use of the kitchen. Also having a real balcony is nice. Internet access is free and good. There is no resort fee so you get pretty good value here esp since internet is free and really that's the only useful part of most places resort fee. I would stay here again if I had a car and needed a kitchen.

Cons: Don't be confused, the location is not great. It's a fairly unpleasant 10min walk (a walk you would not feel comfortable doing alone at night) to the nearest entrance to a strip hotel (which is the back entrance to Bally's). Its another 10 min walk to the bellagio or Caesars. There's construction all around Bally's so you're better off walking through.

If my primary goal was to be walking distance from Aria/Bellagio area on a budget I'd consider some other options next time, possibly monte carlo. More likely I'd just pay a few extra bucks and stay at Aria.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
We appreciate your honest feedback. We will always continue to look at ways of improving on our services. With the addition of the Linq project and some new builds going up in the area, we hope we further separate ourselves from this unpleasant walk you refer to. Thank you!