“Great Hotel- would come back again”

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #9 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Dundee
“Great Hotel- would come back again”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Lets just say, it's the staff that makes this Hotel great. The service was outstanding from all of it's staff. We ate breakfast each morning and the quality and service was excellent. The suites were very large and well stocked.
The carpets really require replaced asap, we had read this before we came and brought slippers
with us.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Derek M, Director of Operations at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for the great review. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and you are right, it is our employees that truly make these great experiences. I do apologize about the carpet. Although I do not have an exact time frame, I do know that our team is moving forward with replacing our carpeting.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,015)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
CapelleaandenIjssel
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Last time we visited the Platinum in august 2012. This time again a great stay. Perfect room, with everything you need. They serve a very nice breakfast, good choice and not expensive either. A big living room, great kitchen a washer/dryer. Big bathroom and a great bedroom. A nice little balcony with a view on the strip. Just around the corner of the hotel is a7-eleven. Also a good room service, if you don't want to go out for food. Nice staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Anthony V
Derek M, Director of Operations at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Thank you for your second review. We are glad you had another great stay. We certainly appreciate repeat and return guests. I do certainly agree that we have some good food options and all at affordable prices. We hope we are still your choice on the next visit. All the best.
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for a Hotel with no smoking and no Casino this is the place for you. Friendly staff and all rooms are suites with a full kitchen. Lovely pool and bar. Had a great time! I will returnand refer to family and friends.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank yvette r
Thank you for the nice rating and review. Although we do advertise you are right we are still getting our name out there. We certainly appreciate all your referrals and return business. Until next time...
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 31 July 2014

When you enter the Platinum it's like entering your home away from home.
Rooms have a kitchen, washer & dryer, a balcony and it's peaceful.
You don't have to walk miles through a casino to find the elevator that will take you to your room.
The Platinum has no casino so therefore, no drama. It's ideal for families, business travelers and anyone who loves Vegas but doesn't want to be in the thick of it 24/7.

Close to everything, far from the chaos. Great pool and lovely bar.

We will return!

Room Tip: Ask for high floor, strip view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank CatchHerifYouCan
Thank you very much for the review. I don't think there is a better compliment than knowing our guest will come back and stay in the future. We like to keep things drama free here at Platinum. Hopefully we will see you next time. Take care.
Hilo, Hawaii
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised by the platinum hotel on our last trip to vegas. Rates were very reasonable especially for summer when all the other hotels on the strip were $280+ per night! It is a non gaming hotel which I loved!!! And although it is off the strip, it is only one block away which is not much of a walk!! Hotel staff were always very welcoming and pleasant.
We were upgraded to a strip view room and the view was great!! Of course the view is not the same as being on the strip, but it was more than adequate and we still enjoyed it!
The room came with a balcony which was nice. A huge living room with a pull out sofa and a full kitchen, dishwasher and all!
Our bedroom had a nice comfy king size bed...and I had a great nights sleep!!!
The bathroom was also huge. Separate shower and jetted two person tub. Dual vanity sink with a large mirror as well as a full length mirror to check your outfit out before going out for the evening!!!
A great place to stay...will definitely be back on our next trip! Good for those with kids!
If there are any negatives...I'd say the only thing I didn't care for was the fact that there is no self parking! I like valet parking but sometimes you just need more time to gather your belongings and self parking is good.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank ijoanne1979
Thank you for the great review. We do appreciate the kind words and are happy to be called your new favorite of yours. We hope on your next trip to Las Vegas that we are your first choice of hotel. Thank you again. All the best.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I am a frequent traveler and I have stayed in many hotels in Vegas. The Platinum hotel is good if you want a bland experience off the strip. The rooms are spacious and the rooms have good amenities. It is a good value if you are traveling with a large group or family. I recently stayed at this hotel four nights for an event. I booked through AMEX, but I did not get the room I paid for upon arrival. The Hotel manager was not flexible in dealing with the matter (of course I went back to AMEX). He was polite, but not logical. While he could not tell me how much I paid through AMEX for the room I was in, he wanted me to pay extra money to get the room I booked.

Pro's: The rooms are big with balconies and kitchens. Huge bathrooms! Off the strip location (but you can walk to the strip in 15 minutes or so). There is a good fitness center and a nice pool.

Neutral: The hotel allows pets. I saw a couple with five dogs. Allegedly, the hotel is also smoke free (there is a $500 charge for smoking), but you can smell smoke. The housekeeping is mediocre (I had a family member who had a smelly room).

Con's: No Casino. Mediocre staff (the service level is OK so do not expect a big name hotel experience). All Valet parking. Sketchy housekeeping. Most of the staff attempts to be polite (I would give them a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10)

Room Tip: Make sure you can prove what type of room you booked
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Foot926
Derek M, Director of Operations at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
I do sincerely apologize for the concerns you encountered. The service and housekeeping items are big concerns for me. We will dive deeper into them as we do pride ourselves on providing a clean room with "over the top" levels of service. This is certainly disappointing to hear and again I do apologize. I do want to thank you as the feedback can only help us to make improvements and grow as a hotel. I hope you consider staying with us again in the future. If you do, please feel free to reach out to me directly. Take care and all the best.
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

My family held our family reunion in Vegas and had a great time at the Platinum hotel. The accommodations are great with large clean room that are non smoking. While the rooms were good for families it's also a great deal for individuals as well. If you want a place that isn't chaotic but close to the stop this is a great location. Check out the spa too!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rashon L
Thank you for the great review. We certainly appreciate it. We are very glad that you and your family enjoyed the reunion. Please keep us in mind for the next reunion.