“Great value without the casino”

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #8 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Sandy, UT
“Great value without the casino”
Reviewed 24 February 2009

The platinum is a terrific all suite hotel. We were in the smallest room with our 3 small children and had plenty of room with a bedroom seperate from the main room. A full kitchen and a great bathroom with a huge tup and nice shower. With a stay of two nights or more you can get a family deal for an additional $40, which included free internet, 4 pizzas, 4 movies and a few other items. It was a terrific deal and though the pizza wasn't huge, it was very good (no little ceasars). Another nice thing was the pool which was heated in February, indoor/outdoor, while most large hotels don't heat their pools through the winter here. We didn't dine on site so I can't comment on the dining but their are many places to eat nearby. It was a nice to be in a place without the casino, it had a very clean feel. The service was excellent and the staff was very helpful with all of our requests.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank skiyaker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,021)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Salt Lake City
Reviewed 22 February 2009

I am a frequent traveler to Las Vegas (by frequent I mean I travel to vegas a few times per year) and I finally decided to try The Platinum Hotel. I have read hundreds of reviews about The Platinum and it is often referred to in the same breath as The Signature, or The Hotel at Mandalay Bay. I have stayed at The Signature and Mandalay Bay many times so I was curious to try The Platinum because it was cheaper that the other two hotels on the weekend I was traveling to Vegas. The Platinum is nice, but it is not close to the caliber of The Signature, Mandalay Bay, or even Red Rock for that matter. I was traveling with my spouse and 3 children under 8. Upon arrival I was less than impressed with the initial first impression that the hotel gives. There is a gas station in the parking lot, and a boarded up building next door. The entrance into the hotel is very small and you have to flip a U-turn to get into the Valet parking. There is no self parking, but that is ok with me as I prefer to Valet. There was no bell hop present and the Valet Staff was less than eager to help me with my bags. They eventually brought a luggage rack to assist with my baggage as my wife was unable to help because she was 7 months pregnant. The lobby is nice but very small. There is no snack shop or store of any kind in the hotel. The lobby has a small club that is open in the evenings, but nothing distinct. Our room was on the 6th floor and we were as far as you could get from the elevators. With small children this proved to be a chore. The room was very nice. The kitchen is nice with very nice countertops and stainless steel appliances. The separate bedroom was essential for us with three children in tow. The accomodations were very comfortable. The TV in the living area seemed small, I think only 32 inches, but it is a plasma which is nice. The TV in the bedroom is not a flat screen and was probably a 27 incher. Our room did not have a view at all as we looked directly into a wall. You get what you pay for I guess. On Saturday evening we wanted to retreive our vehicle around 6pm to go to dinner with family members that live in the area. I called valet prior to leaving my room and they did not answer. When I got to the lobby , there was no wait at the valet desk and they quickly took my ticket. For several minutes I was the only one waiting for my car. There is no waiting area designated for valet so I was practically standing in the parking lot with my wife and 3 small children. I waited about 15 minutes for my vehicle and there were no other guests waiting for cars. This is not a big deal, but waiting in a parking lot with little kids made me very irritated.
Upon checkout on Sunday morning the staff was very friendly. I called the bell staff and they were to my room within 5 minutes. He asked if I had a car in valet and promised to have it waiting by the time I got to the lobby. When we got downstairs all of our luggage was loaded and the car was ready for us to drive off. This service was the highlight of my stay. The pool is very nice for winter months because half of the pool is covered. It is a little deep for small children but fulfills its purpose.
Overall I felt that the hotel was nice, but not luxurious like so many reviews have said. We paid $139 and about $152 with taxes and fees. The room itself was worth the money, but the ambiance, location, and lack of ammenities would keep me from staying here again. I would not recommend this hotel if you don't have a car. If you have the chance to stay at The Signature, jor any 4 or 5 star hotel on the strip, ump at the chance. You will not regret it. I think I even prefer the Grand View at South point to this hotel. The size of the room is similar and the GrandView is half the price with many more ammenities.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank yourhomeusa
chicago
Reviewed 21 February 2009

If you are going to Vegas and want to stay off the but very near the strip you may want to consider the Platinum Hotel. It is located a few block west of the strip. Hotel overall has a clean contemporary decor and is a nice getaway. The room is spacious and include a huge double sink bathroom and 2 person whirlpool. There is also a full kitchen so bring groceries. The phones in the hotel were not working properly so every time you need assistance you may have to call the front desk. We ordered quite a bit of room service and the food there is excellent!!! The room also comes with a fireplace and one television per room which may be considered romantic. There is not a continuum of taxis picking up guest at this hotel so if you have a night out on the town plan ahead. So if you would like to be away from the lights of Las Vegas, but not in the desert make this place your oasis.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank Meticulous-1
Madison, WI
Reviewed 13 February 2009

This hotel is so close to the Las Vegas Strip, but offers a quiet escape from the chaos. The rooms are very spacious, clean, and modern. The staff was very welcoming and willing to help with anything during our stay. The pool is great and the lounge chairs are so comfortable. We enjoyed breakfast at the restaurant and we were pleasanlty surprised by the prices. The quality of the food was great...I would suggest the blueberry smoothie! We enjoyed our stay so much and we will defintely be returning to The Platinum the next time we return to Vegas.

• Liked — The room
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank trvladct
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 11 February 2009

We visit Las Vegas three times a year for business. This property is new, the location is about a block off the strip on Koval & Flamingo, and the ammenities are great (Wireless Internet Access, Spa, Indoor/Outdoor Pool, Exercise Room, Free Valet Parking, Lounges and Meeting Rooms). I booked directly through the property and then found a special on the Solitaire Suite at Expedia. I called the property back and they matched Expedia's special price. We paid about $135.00 per night for this suite which is like a small apartment with every convenience we could possibly need. The Platinum Hotel is a great value and has become our first choice when traveling to Vegas.

• Liked — Location and ammenities, non-gaming
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Tezoro
Phoenix
Reviewed 30 January 2009

Stayed here for 5 days in early october. Place has a lot of potential. Great rooms. Service was good (not tremendous) but certianly nothing to complain about. Locations has pros/cons (as per previos review).....Tremendous value for the price......I was actually staying here with 4 other people, but for different time periods. Two of us had problems w/ the Air Conditioning in our rooms not working. In my case it was corrected right away and was fine for the rest of the trip. The girl I travelled with, however, had to have mainteance come to the room a few times before getting it corrected. They offered to move her to another room, but we all know that can be a pain in the butt.

Other than that issue (which hopefully was an isolated incident), this place really was exceptional.

Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank We_Coast_Traveller
Central California
Reviewed 28 January 2009

I just returned from my stay at the wonderful Platinum Hotel and Spa and it was great! I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel, the hotel staff, the beautiful spa, and the modern decor. It was my first time staying at this hotel!

On our first night, we ordered food via room service at 3am. I was pleasantly surprised how quickly the food came and that it was good. We also called housekeeping to make up our fold out bed...they too were "Johnny on the Spot". Both people that helped us were very friendly and very professional. It was so refreshing to not have to wait for either service that first night.

The next day a few of us had spa appointments, and again I was pleasantly surprised how fabulous the spa was. I was greeted by a lovely young lady that showed me around the locker room and helped me get set up. By the way, the spa locker room was fully stocked with everything one would need to get ready! Then I waited for my service in the most relaxing and serene atmosphere ever. My spa service was incredible...I would highly recommend Dustin if you go to the spa. After my spa treatment I was able to purchase a few great gifts for my friends! I was impressed with all the great spa goodies they had for sale. This spa was beautiful and would be really fun for a girl’s weekend!

Later that night, we all met for drinks out by the pool. The pool has wonderful seating around the fire pits. Since it was pretty windy we then went into the hotel bar. Again, it was very comfortable and the bartender was fabulous! The location of the hotel was great and after drinks in the hotel bar we later walked down to the strip...a very easy and safe walk!

Our group later discussed coming back next year. Which we intend to stay at the Platinum!!!

• Liked — The spa, location, and a non-smoking hotel!
  • Disliked — nothing really...
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends