“Great service, great rooms, great food”

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #8 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Milwaukee
“Great service, great rooms, great food”
Reviewed 18 March 2009

I stayed at The Platinum for the first time time last week. From the moment we stepped in until the moment we left we have fantastic service--I don't think I had to open a door once! The room was spacious and clean and check-in was smooth. I couldn't have asked for a better experience!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank travelingal1216

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,022)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 17 March 2009

If you go to Vegas to relax, walk, and shop, this is a great place to stay! This is a non-smoking, non-casino hotel just one block off the Strip, behind Bally's. While the walk to Bally's was probably my least favorite part of staying there, the positives far outweigh the walk. The rooms are amazing! Huge, clean and full of amenities like a full kitchen, flat screen TV, comfortable beds, wonderful bathroom with extra large jacuzzi tub and separate shower -- all the comforts of home, only better! Room service was friendly and prompt but very expensive. Take my word for it, make the walk down to the restaurant. We had breakfast at the restaurant all 3 days. While a little costly, the food was outstanding every time! The spa was average. I wasn't disappointed with my services, but I wasn't "wow'ed" either. They have wireless and in-room internet, but be prepared to pay the daily fee! They also provided us with a shuttle (Cadillac Escalade) a few times, and every time the driver was prompt and courteous. The doormen were really great -- always ready with recommendations and ideas for us to do. All in all, I plan to stay at the Platinum on my next visit, and the next, and the next . . .

• Stayed December 2008, travelled with friends
3 Thank cstokely
Danville, California
Reviewed 11 March 2009

We (family with 3 kids) stayed for 4 nights. What attracted us to the Platinum was the size of the apartments, the newness, the location- a couple blocks away from the strip, good ta reviews and the price.

Check in- great, we arrived around 2 and were given an upgrade for free, we got a view suite with a washer and dryer, I wish I packed less!

Room- very nice sized 1 bedroom, simple, modern decor, big kitchen with nice black granite, full fridge, lots of cabinets, dishes included. Living area- nice size with sofa, chair, desk with chair and flat screen. Patio- nice size- our view was the back of Bally's, Paris, Flamingo, you could see parts of Ceasars and a slim shot of the fountains going off from Bellagio. Bedroom- 2 queen beds- comfy, nice pillows, nice closet. Bathroom, big tub- kinda cheap plastic sides tho, nice tiled shower- good water pressure, 2 sinks, a closet. Washer and Dryer was off to the kitchen and that worked great, did laundry twice, housekeeping provides laundry soap. I thought it was a clean room but my husband found some garbage under the sofa bed and a dirty rag in the bathroom that was missed, but overall nice new room with lots of storage.

Groceries- we bought stuff- juice, water, chips from the 7/11 nearby, there's also an am/pm but not much variety.

Pool- wow, 3 of the 4 nights we had the pool to ourselves! My kids loved the indoor pool, warm and they'd go thru the outdoor pool to the hot tub and loved it. It was their favorite part of their vacation. There are lots of chairs and towels.

Service- everyone was pretty nice and helpful. To get a cab from here is easy, you just go down to the front and they get one for you, take 5-10 minutes.

I tried to print my boarding passes and they do not have free internet, surprisingly. Their business center to use the computer had so many instructions and it was like .69 a minute to use and it looked so confusing. This service should be free. This was my only complaint.

After 2 days, we got burnt out on the walk to the strip. It's about 12-15 minute walk with kids and we walked the strip most of the day so the kids got tired of walking. The buses were often full and the monorail is not that convenient, behind the hotels and pricey. Platinum was nice and reasonable but if we were to go to Vegas again, I'd choose something right on the strip, just easier. If I went with kids, I'd stay at Mandalay bay for the beach and pool but then again, I'd probably just save my money for a real beach vacation in Kauai.

Highly recommend Ellis Island which is 2 doors across from the Platinum- we ate there 3 times, twice for breakfast which was great, reasonable, and dinner was awesome- the BEST ribs ever! My DH had a plate of ribs, corn, beans, slaw for $11- huge plate, tender, meaty ribs. I had the 1/2 rack ribs and 1/2 chicken for $9, again awesome, delicious bbq cooked right in front of you in their patio, don't miss it!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank huladolz
chicago
Reviewed 6 March 2009

Just spent 2 nights here. Frequent LV traveler and usually stay center strip. This was a pleasant suprise. Beautiful big suites, super clean, staff is very, very friendly. Only 2 blocks walk and you are in Bally's hotel on the strip so very convenient. This place is very quiet, non smoking non gaming.. a very nice break from the typical LV strip hotels. Full modern kitchen... each room has sofa bed and private bedroom so comfortable for 4 people, can bring your own booze, food, great place.. i will be back many times!!!!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
6 Thank marko1974
Canada
Reviewed 2 March 2009

I usually stay on one of the strip hotels, and certainly there are cheaper places than the Platinum to stay, especially with all the deals at the moment. That said, The Platinum suites are just that. Each room is a suite with a balcony, washing machine and huge bathroom. It is all spotless and well looked after. The whole hotel is non smoking which makes a nice retreat when you return from the other hotels/casinos.
The bar is very friendly, and the pool is an ideal suntrap with indoor and outdoor parts to it. The gym is not just the usual single treadmill and bicycle you see in other places. Lots of new machines.
Finally the spa; excellent with friendly staff.
All in all definitely worth the little extra in cost. I will certainly be back.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank JelmeisterCanada
Arizona
Reviewed 1 March 2009

The folks who stayed at the Platinum were part of our small, family reunion housed in 2 separate hotels. They included a man who was on a business trip and his 2 elderly inlaws. So, the suite was an excellent gathering spot for all of us, just to visit or have quick eat-in meal. We appreciated the opportunity to bring our restaurant leftovers to this location as well!

My biggest complaint was their Valet Parking. When visiting, we ended up parking next door at the Tuscany Casino just so we would not be required to pay out any extraneous tips. To me, this is a Ripoff. Required valet parking in Las Vegas is unusual -- so, that's an unfortunate thing with the Platinum.

I have one more complaint: we arrived at 3:30PM and they did not have a room ready for those who were staying in the room. I'm not entirely sure of their check-in time but the guests were waylaid for a half hour until an upgraded room could be assigned.

Generally, the group who stayed in the room really loved the service staff.

The hotel is about 5 blocks from the Strip but not a bad walking distance. Walking is a requirement in Vegas -- you just can't get away from it! So, if you can walk, don't let the relative location deter your decision.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank RevuR
dgradillas, Director of Operations at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 3 March 2009
First, thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. The hotel daily check-in time is 4pm. If the room type requested is available, we will accommodate prior to 4pm.

The Platinum Hotel offers “Free Valet” to all hotel guests as a courtesy. Providing a gratuity is not required nor is it expected, especially since the hotel is all valet parking.

Again, thank you for the comments and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Las Vegas.
Sandy, UT
Reviewed 24 February 2009

The platinum is a terrific all suite hotel. We were in the smallest room with our 3 small children and had plenty of room with a bedroom seperate from the main room. A full kitchen and a great bathroom with a huge tup and nice shower. With a stay of two nights or more you can get a family deal for an additional $40, which included free internet, 4 pizzas, 4 movies and a few other items. It was a terrific deal and though the pizza wasn't huge, it was very good (no little ceasars). Another nice thing was the pool which was heated in February, indoor/outdoor, while most large hotels don't heat their pools through the winter here. We didn't dine on site so I can't comment on the dining but their are many places to eat nearby. It was a nice to be in a place without the casino, it had a very clean feel. The service was excellent and the staff was very helpful with all of our requests.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family