“Platinum was peaceful and relaxing.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Platinum Hotel and Spa

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #11 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Orange County
“Platinum was peaceful and relaxing.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2009

Platinum is close enough to the strip to enjoy the busy strip scene, but far enough from the strip to relax and have a peaceful vacation. It's the best of both worlds.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank frequenttraveler058

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,001)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2009

We basically had a 1 bedroom apt. It was incredibly roomy. Found a great deal on Hotels.com, to include free internet use. Called hotel to get them to match price, which they did, supposed to include internet, but at check in we had to wrestle a little over that detail. Ultimately we got the free internet. Everything was very clean, we made a trip to a grocery and had plenty of breakfast items, snacks drinks, etc easily fixed in the room. Didn't do a dinner there but will all the utensils pots pans etc and full-sized oven you could if you wanted.
Was a bit of a pain to have to do valet parking even when running up to the room to grab something and come right back down. I finally just quit tipping!

One last tip La Michoacan restaurant a couple miles away was FABULOUS!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Auserinlexky
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2009

Great experience. Stayed here for 5 days in mid March 2009. Quiet and not smoky (no casino), which is what we wanted.

The walk to the strip is quite short and wasn't a problem for us. You come out on the strip just at the north end of the Bellagio, which is a nice stretch of strip (walkable in either direction) and you can see the fountains.

The suite at the Platinum was really lovely. Appreciated the full kitchen and all the space. They upgraded us to a better suite than we reserved (fireplace and 2 person whirlpool). I'm not sure why -- perhaps because we wanted a low floor (DH doesn't like heights), and that was what they had available. Anyway, would have been wonderful even without those extras. All the staff at the hotel were extremely friendly. Good fitness room. The pool is fairly ordinary looking (but adequate), but we didn't use it anyway. Nice large tv, but not too many channels (but good enough for us). There is a lovely spa (but never got around to using it -- pricey!) Really happy there (actually I wanted to spend more time in the room than we did!).

There is an Enterprise Rent a Car in the Westin right across the street, if you need a car for a day (we did, to go to the Hoover Dam). There is a 7-eleven almost next door. For real groceries we went East a couple of miles on Flamingo to Maryland pkway (there is an Albertson there). We had a car for that. Suppose you could take a bus or cab (or walk, if you are really, really, energetic and not carrying too much).

Originally we had wanted to stay at the Signature, but it didn't work out (too expensive). Signature is more upscale I think, but I actually prefer the Platiinum now that I've been there. In terms of location, the Platinum is much better in my opinion. The Signature is farther south on the strip and that stretch of the strip doesn't seem as nice (lots more people there trying to force girly pictures into your hands). Also, it would be a much longer walk up towards the Mirage or the Venetion from the Signature, if you just want to wander around. Depends on where you want to be, I guess :) Anyway, I highlyrecommend the Platinum. Would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank VeryConfused
new england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2009

I was in Vegas to visit my father who ultimately passed away and stayed at the Platinum after reading reviews on Tripadvisor. I was extremely happy I did! From the excellent service at the front desk, especially, Eva, thru the valets made our trip special, considering the circumstances. It's like 'Cheers' where everyone knows your name. The suites are beautifully appointed. The kitchenette area is gorgeous, next to nice open living area. The bedroom was spacious as was the bathroom w/jacuzzi tub and large corner shower. The hotel is immaculately clean, always some shampooing going on, but not in your face. We were visiting with family so we were in and out a lot and the valets were great! Door opening and exchanging pleasantries. The restaurant was good, but not excellent, limited menu and slow kitchen, but the waitstaff was excellent.
I will return to this hotel and recommend it highly. It's a hidden treasure!

Contessa

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank contessa1
Orange County, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2009

The Platinum Hotel and Spa exceeded all expectations I could have had with its stylish decor, super friendly staff, and absolutely amazing rooms. Each room has a full kitchen with stainless steel appliances and granite countertops. This comes in handy when traveling as a family and trying to save a couple bucks by eating in one meal a day. The living area was spacious with a pull out couch, fireplace and flat screen tv. The bathroom was large and the huge jetted tub was heaven. The bedroom was also quite large with 2 queen sized beds and portable cribs for our little ones. There is a spa on sight along with a restaurant and a lounge. The pool area is very nice with both an indoor and outdoor pool area and firepits for some evening fun. The location was fantastic as it was only a 5 minute walk to Paris, Ceasars, and Balleys. I must also mention that the hotel is nonsmoking which is so nice after spending the day in those smoky casinos. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Doubleadventure
Milwaukee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2009

I stayed at The Platinum for the first time time last week. From the moment we stepped in until the moment we left we have fantastic service--I don't think I had to open a door once! The room was spacious and clean and check-in was smooth. I couldn't have asked for a better experience!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank travelingal1216
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2009

If you go to Vegas to relax, walk, and shop, this is a great place to stay! This is a non-smoking, non-casino hotel just one block off the Strip, behind Bally's. While the walk to Bally's was probably my least favorite part of staying there, the positives far outweigh the walk. The rooms are amazing! Huge, clean and full of amenities like a full kitchen, flat screen TV, comfortable beds, wonderful bathroom with extra large jacuzzi tub and separate shower -- all the comforts of home, only better! Room service was friendly and prompt but very expensive. Take my word for it, make the walk down to the restaurant. We had breakfast at the restaurant all 3 days. While a little costly, the food was outstanding every time! The spa was average. I wasn't disappointed with my services, but I wasn't "wow'ed" either. They have wireless and in-room internet, but be prepared to pay the daily fee! They also provided us with a shuttle (Cadillac Escalade) a few times, and every time the driver was prompt and courteous. The doormen were really great -- always ready with recommendations and ideas for us to do. All in all, I plan to stay at the Platinum on my next visit, and the next, and the next . . .

• Stayed December 2008, travelled with friends