“most incredible room ever!”

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #8 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 28 March 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed recently at the Platinum and it was one of the most incredible experiences l have had. First let me say the room was amazing...it was a beautiful suite with all the luxories. What l liked most was the fact it was just off the strip so you didn't get all the noise but it was close enough you could walk anywhere. The staff and valet were awesome, so friendly and most helpful. I have nothing negative to say about this hotel and l would diffently stay here again if l was to visit vegas again.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,789)

Reviewed 26 March 2010

We stayed at the Platinum Hotel for the weekend. We were celebrating a friend's 40th birthday...from the meet and greet, the amazing room to brunch in the cafe...my expectations were far exceeded!
I can't wait to go back! Amanda Meddock

Reviewed 25 March 2010

I recently traveled with my buddies to Las Vegas for the NCAA tournament. Upon arrival, the staff at the Platinum treated us great. The reception/check-in process was pleasant, professional and efficient.

As for the rooms, we really couldn't believe that they were so nice (and big)! The rooms are basically like condominiums -- complete with a full kitchen and living areas to comfortably eat. There is a giant flatscreen over the fireplace so you can watch movies or the game.

The bathrooms are new construction with granite, great showers and a huge spa tub. Our rooms looked over the pool and hot tub on the fifth floor below - which looked great but we didn't use it because we were too busy betting on the tournament.

Because of the space, the Platinum would be a perfect place to hang out with a large group of friends or bring your kids. Having a working kitchen (with plates, cookware, glasses and everything else included) really provides flexibility for your group.

The location is about a five to six minute walk to the heart of the strip. If you are worried about this being an issue - you shouldn't be. We grabbed a drink at the store next door and walked to the casinos with no problem.

You can't beat this hotel and I can't wait to come back next year. Oh yeah, the work out room is free and the equipment is new. There are plenty of treadmills and weight machines.

A great hotel with great service and a great price. What else do you need? I am coming back.

3  Thank WestCoast45
Reviewed 24 March 2010

What a great hotel!! Beautiful suites make you feel at home. The staff was fabulous, they could not have been more accomodating. I was absolutely thrilled with my stay and would go back in a heartbeat.

Reviewed 23 March 2010

I had the honor to stay at the platinum Hotel and Spa just last week. We had a 3 day trainig and that required us to be in doors all day long. Luckyly, the accomodations and food were absolutely outsanding! I love food and from breakfast to dinner, from tresentation to taste ware absolutely 10 Stars ot of 10! The rooms were much more comfortable than any hotel room I have ever had in Vegas and the short, almost refresshing walk to the strip was no more than a minute. It was nice to retire from the noise and constant action of the strip to my quiet, fresh and very modern room, just a minute walk away. The hotel staff were the nicest and the banquet servers made us feel welcome from sunrise to sunset. Great job All!!!

Reviewed 23 March 2010

Everything a traveler requires in one conveinent location. Exceptional service and large elegant suites.

Reviewed 23 March 2010

I really loved my stay at the Platinum Hotel especially since I was looking for a non-smoking location that was easy in-and-out.

Valet Parking - Staying for business training in Las Vegas can be a hassle if you stay elsewhere and have a car, but the quick and efficient complimentary valet parking was a key asset to this hotel. The men were courteous, helpful and never expected a tip although I did anyway since they truly hustled to get your car and keep the patrons moving. Thank you Donn and Julian for excellent service.

Hotel - Clean and well maintained. None of the room service remnants in the halls like you see at so many other places. There was night roadwork going on in the front of the hotel during my stay so that was a bit distracting since the hotel itself is very quiet on the floors. The room was extremely spacious and I loved being able to sit on the balcony in the evenings to people watch and get some fresh air. The kitchen was very well appointed and I felt guilty not using it, but it would be great for a family to save some money by eating in here. This is actually a perfect hotel for families with no smoking, no gambling and plenty of room space.

Location - Very easy access on the corner of Koval and E Flamingo Road but it is a bit of a walk to the strip as a solo female and I did not feel safe doing so alone and elected to drive up to the strip and park in self-park at various hotels to walk around there. When I go back I would ask for a room on the side facing Koval/Strip side if on the lower levels since the lower levels on E Flamingo face the electric substation which is not such a great view and more street noise. Otherwise the view from probably 5th floor and above would be comparable from anywhere I would think.

Pool/Hot Tub - Loved this setup with the indoor/outdoor heated pool surrounded by comfortable lounge seats and couched seating areas surrounding fire pits. Plenty of places to stretch out. Very clean and warm even for March which still has cold nights. The hot tub was well maintained and clean as well with some seriously powerful jets and plenty of space for sitting and meeting new people. Would have liked to have seen the waitress more often and have her actually acknowledge me on at least one pass by my chair. When I finally hailed her to order a drink she forgot about me and a gentleman in the hot tub had to remind her about my order. Not too impressed with the wait staff up at the pool, more interested in the large groups of "men" than actually attending to patrons.

Restaurant/Bar - Thank you to bartender Dale at Stir for great service and keeping the quiet bar interesting in conversation on St. Patty's Day. The food was presented well and served with a smile but it was only OK and nothing to write home about for dinner. Did love the creme brulee for dessert though! Breakfasts were very good at Kilawat and the hostess was perfect for the job, very friendly and inviting.

Well Spa - Yep, I took advantage of everything this hotel had to offer and really loved the Spa for a 50 minute Swedish Massage. Tracey did an excellent job and the whole experience was very relaxing. Would have liked to have spent more time to enjoy the steam room and lounge area but ran out of time that day. My only change would be to remove the piano soundtrack from the massage rooms, each time that set of songs cycled through it built up such a crescendo in the music that it was not necessarily restful, although the other tracks were very pleasant.

Overall it was my favorite hotel experience in Las Vegas. If you are looking for something well appointed and not a haven for Spring Break raucousness than this is the place for you. If you are looking to be a party animal and rock out at your hotel, there are plenty of other choices to consider elsewhere. For business travelers, couples looking to enjoy the strip but have a relaxing hotel to rest or a family looking to have space then this is the right spot. I will definitely come back here again.

3  Thank TravelsalotMa