Platinum Hotel and Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
3,846 results
All reviewsprincess suitefull kitchennon smokingoff the stripstir loungewasher dryerliving roomellis islandpots and pansvalet staffnon gamblingfree valet parkinghuge bathroomjacuzzi tubquiet hotelseparate showermonorail station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 April 2010

I attended a seminar in this fantastic hotel. The suites are large and well appointed.It has a nice woody feel in the decor.Staff over-the-top friendly. Good food, nice spa and pool, and convenient location.If you want to escape the noise and senseless high prices of Vegas, this is your place.The room rates are a flat out bargain for what you get: a suite bigger than most apartments.
After disappointing experiences in other over priced and over glitzy Vegas hotels, this is the only place I will stay from now on.

Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
MartinvanderLaan, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2010

Thank you so much for this strong recommendation of our accommodations and Team. We highly appreciate it.

We look forward seeing you soon once again.

Reviewed 9 April 2010

What can i say - fantastic. I hate to be disappointed when i go away on holiday so i always do my homework and trip advisor has never let me down so far. The hotel suites are huge with a jacuzzi bath which fitted my whole family in. It is located about half a mile off the centre of the strip and is much quieter - although no where is quiet in Vegas. The staff in the hotel were great - when a receptionist accidentally cut me off she rang back to apologise. My kids loved the swimming pool and there were plenty of sun chairs. All in all 100%.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family

Thank you for doing your homework.
It is always our goal to surpass our guests expectations. Your "all in all 100%" comment was proudly shared with our Team.

We sincerely appreciate your review and feedback.

Reviewed 8 April 2010

My trip to Vegas started with a travel offer I came across on the internet while researching accommodations. I had never heard of the hotel, however I had been looking at the MGM Signature and found the Platinum’s description to be superior. I decided to take a chance and booked the hotel looking forward to St. Paddy’s day week and hopefully a fantastic time.I was not disappointed. We rented a car at the airport and drove to the hotel a little worn out from the long trip. The portable GPS we brought with us made finding the Platinum a snap. Coming down Las Vegas Blvd from the south it’s just behind Bally’s and a couple of blocks from the strip. It’s a very convenient location actually. Far enough from the strip to be away from the large crowds and noise, but close enough to access it quite easily. A monorail station is located in Bally’s which can take you as far as the MGM Grand and the Deuce bus stops in front of the Flamingo nearby.When we drove up the valets were there right away. They were super efficient and polite and made an effort to learn our names. Whenever we needed our car it only took moments for one of the valets to retrieve it. We never had to wait long even during the busy times.The front desk clerk was very friendly and polite and upon learning it was my birthday the following day, upgraded us to an amazing suite with a stripview on the 17th floor. We were very grateful as it was an amazing suite. Our first morning we noticed that there were no bathrobes in the bathroom , so I let the front desk know and they assured me that someone would put them in the room later on in the day. We were on our way out to drive to the Grand Canyon. On our arrival back that night, the bathrobes had indeed been brought up as promised.In my opinion the reality was even better than I had expected. We opened the door to a 1150 sq ft one bedroom suite on the top floor which overlooked the pool and the casinos along the strip. The suite was supplied with an oversize whirlpool tub, king bed, 42” plasma TV in the living room and a smaller TV in the bedroom. It also had a washer and dryer with soap and fabric softener supplied. A stainless steel fridge with an icemaker and a stove with oven dominated the kitchen. Past the granite countertops were a microwave oven and all the kitchen utensils necessary to eat and drink with. The bathroom in addition to the enormous tub also sported a glass enclosed granite shower, two sinks and a separate closet. The other closet was located in the bedroom. The Platinum has a pool on the fifth floor which was adequate for the number of guests staying at the hotel at the time. The pool staff were very helpful and attentive and the Kil@wat restaurant offered great value and quality for the price. We had the chicken pesto burger with fries which was delicious. A convenience store right next door to the Platinum sold beer which we could enjoy cold in our room and Elis Island close-by has a pizza place that makes a perfect pizza for those late nights when most of the restaurants have closed in the casinos. It also has a microbrewery and cheap beer. I noticed a lot of locals frequenting the place.The atmosphere and friendliness of the staff at the platinum made our stay there a pleasure. It was a perfect retreat from the craziness of the strip at the end of the day and a wonderful environment to unwind in. We would stay there again without hesitation

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Saltchucky
Reviewed 8 April 2010

The rooms were very nice and large. The service was outstanding!!! Everyone was friendly and helpful (front desk, valets, maintenance). I look forward to coming back to Vegas and staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2010
Reviewed 8 April 2010

Stayed with my wife and 2 kids. The first thing, from the onset was the service from the bell, valet, and staff. Very warm and friendly. The weather was a bit cold, but the indoor pool hit the spot. The water wasn't really that warm, but was warm enough.

The breakfast was inexpensive and we enjoyed the hostess, Cecilia. She was very sweet and helpful.

The valet is very nice and really tried to memorize my name. We went in and out, and tipped the valet and everytime, they remembered my name. They made it personal.

The hotel was clean and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family