“Close enough to strip, perfect for couples!”

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #8 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
White Lake, Michigan
“Close enough to strip, perfect for couples!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2010

Traveled to Vegas for three nights with my fiance in February. It was unfortunate that it rained for most of the weekend but even so we had such a pleasant experience with the Platinum that we will no doubt be returning someday. Got an excellent rate -- about $360 (tax included) for three nights and we got our room upgraded to include an awesome view of the strip. That was much appreciated since it was my fiance's first trip to Las Vegas!

The one element I cannot comment on is the food, we didn't try the restaurant. But the pool, fitness center, public areas, and the room was excellent, first class.

Room is spacious, has everything you could want including a garden whirlpool tub, spectacular view, flat screen TV's, refrigerator and ice maker, etc. Beds are spectacularly comfy and the shower is one of the best I've ever seen plus the plush towels and nice minty tea leaf shampoo. Valet parking was courteous, fast, and complimentary (although providing a small tip was appreciated). It really felt like we were on a honeymoon or something. We just had a great time and would recommend the Platinum to anyone heading to Vegas.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fjnovak1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,011)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Perth, West Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2010

This is a great hotel that is not on the strip. It was great value for money when booked with someone like Expedia. Huge rooms with a kitchen and large luxury bathrooms. I stayed in a Princess Strip View Suite. Included with this room was a washer/dryer which came in extremely handy. There is no casino onsite, but the walk up to the strip is not too far. Get some groceries because room service is very pricey. I didn't eat in the restaurant so I can't say what that was like. Plenty of closet space if you are staying for a while. Although there was no complimentary breakfast a quick walk away were plenty of places to have a meal at a reasonable cost. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
, Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 18 June 2010
We look forward to your return visits if visiting Las Vegas again, thank you for your review. Much appreciated!
Carmel, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2010

My husband was attending a conference in Las Vegas for 3 nights, so my daughter (4 yrs) and I tagged along. After reading the great reviews on TripAdvisor, I cancelled our booking at the Bellagio and booked us into the Platinum, as the suites are huge and the prices were good.
I have to say that the rooms are very nice, however we had a bumpy experience with the Platinum – so we will not be returning.

I think we were just unlucky, most people have had a wonderful stay with the Platinum and I think our case is rare, but here's our experience.
The negative stuff:
The first suite we were put in was 1715 (i think) on the top floor. the whole room vibrated with noise from the air-conditioning units that must be on the roof-top. The noise was terrible. It was a rough night with very little sleep. The next day we moved rooms, which was a pain as we had to re-pack and then unpack again. The staff were very nice about this, but later a member of staff said "oh are they still renting out that room? – it's so noisy". Would have been nice if we could have known that when we checked in!
Also the door to the room was kind of dirty, with dribbled coffee down the door frame, scuff marks on the wall etc. I think we just pulled the short straw.

There was another hiccup with housekeeping. We called them 4 times to have our room cleaned. After the 4th attempt we went down to the pool and waited for the room to be done only to discover that it still hadn't been made-up. I went down to the lobby to complain and then eventually they did do it, and again the staff were polite and courteous.

I personally found the walk from the hotel up to the strip to be a bit seedy. We walked it a couple of times when there weren't any taxis. However i would not do this if you are female or have a child with you (in the day time even, and definitely not at nighttime!).

The positive stuff
Generally this hotel is excellent value for money. The room service is excellent and the food is great. The staff are lovely. Check-in is quick and seamless. Breakfast is wonderful. The pool was quiet and empty. The suites are huge with everything you need right there from a washer/dryer to a full kitchen. So there's lots of great things about this hotel for sure.

I think we were just unlucky. The hotel did compensate us with free breakfast for the trouble of zero sleep and having to change rooms, so they have the right attitude.
If you do want a nice quiet stay in Las Vegas and a massive suite for a very reasonable price, I think this hotel is a good choice.
Just make sure you don't get room 1715!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank TeeEmm
, Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 18 June 2010
We thank you for your comments. I am sincerely sorry about the air conditioner noise in your suite, your comments are extremely important and corrective measures have been taken to rectify the problem. We are glad our staff was able to help and make the rest of your stay a pleasant one. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Wilton Manors, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2010

Just returned from a terrific stay at this hotel and can't could not have been more satisfied. Every staff member was helpful and positive. After observing the hour long check in lines at some of the huge casino hotels, I would stay at the Platinum for that reason alone. Check in and out were both less than five minutes and there were no lines. Try the restaurant for a really good breakfast or lunch and make your reservation on their web site for a little reward.

Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2010

This was my first stay at the Platinum and I was thoroughly impressed. The rooms are huge (with full kitchen, washer & dryer), clean and comfortable. And the staff is really great. Everyone was very friendly and really made me feel welcomed. The pool is nice but there's no action at this non-gaming hotel but it's a great spot to start and end your day's Vegas fun. A short walk to the heart of the Strip it was so nice to be able to get away from all the fuss at the end of the night back to a quiet room.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2010

This truly is a hidden treasure right off the strip. My husband actually picked this hotel because I didn't want to deal with the traffic and the noise of the strip. We both 30 so its not like we're old, we just wanted some quiet time at night. I would have given this hotel 5 all around except, when my husband and I went down to the restruarant the door was closed yet when we walked in there was a sign that said, "Please seat yourself". We chose a table and no one came out for 10 minutes. We immediately left and went down the street to Bucca Di Peppo. Other than that this hotel was great. The price for what we experience was incredible. I've attached some photos of our amazing suite 1504 that over looked out to the LV Strip. This will be the only place we stay at from now on!!!!

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2010

We could not fault this hotel, the staff where always willing to help.

We had a one bedroom suite, it was large, modern, clean, quiet and had a relaxing feel. It’s was nice to be able to escape to our hotel and get away from the madness of The Strip. It takes about 10 minutes to walk to The Strip or the bell boys were more than happy to get a taxi for us.

The kitchen with all facilities, washing machine and dryer and internet was great to have. 7-Eleven is around the corner which made it easy to grab a few things.

We ate in the restaurant a few times and was rewarded with meals that tasted like the menu said it would. It was great to get a good quality meals at a reasonable price.

This hotel met all my expectations, it would be our best hotel we stayed in; We visited Miami, NY, San Francisco & LA on our trip.