“Unapologetic and lacking business ethics!”

Terra Rossa Italian Cuisine at Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa
Price range: US$0 - US$38
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We had high expectations for Terra Rossa. So much in fact that I planned my wife's birthday dinner there. I called the manager, spoke to her and then followed up with an email confirmation for the party. The manager followed with a response and confirmation via email. When we showed up with the other 18 members of the party they had no history of the booking. Luckily I had my phone and showed them the email. After multiple conversations with the manager (not the one that made the booking) I was told the original manager denied ever contacting me. Then after 1.5 hours of waiting we were finally seated. When I asked what would be comped for our trouble, the response was nothing. A member at my table decided to had this part of the negotiations for me. We ended up getting three bottle of white wine for free. It was better than nothing, but not once did a manager apologize for their mistake. In fact the vibe I received from them was it was my fault and I was inconveniencing them. Taylor who was the greeter was the only apologetic person there.

The food was good, but not spectacular enough to put up with what we did. I am a local and I can say I will never come back to this restaurant and will tell everyone with pleasure not to go there either. This includes 18 other locals who attended.

Great job Terra Rossa, your business ethics suck and need significant work. Good job to Taylor and our waiter though.

1  Thank PeachesCCT

Reviewed 18 January 2014

We went to the Red Rock planning on going to T Bonez steak house but it was packed with a 45 minute wait so we looked around the casino at the other paces to eat. Our first clue should have been that every other place except Terra Rossa was full and had people waiting. Aside from our food being burnt, the waiter was down right rude and hostile. Never asked how our food was, if he had we would have told him that half of my pizza was burnt and half of my friends veal was burnt. I looked around and none of the servers or staff looked like they wanted to be there. I think the only reason there was people in the place was because all the other places were full. I had the pepperoni pizza, the crust was burnt all around and the center was soggy, a McLean's frozen pizza you cook yourself would have been better. My friend had the Veal, it was burnt around the edges and the sauce was burnt, his asperagas was over cooked and so salty he could not eat it. When the waiter brought our dinner plates, he told me to move my bread plate, in a short and curt tone. The whole experience was so bad, that I didn't leave a tip, and I have never done that in my life.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

We purchased a small pizza to go to our room at a high price. The pizza was undercooked and awful! Little Caesars would've been better and that isn't saying much!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Food was average for the price -staff outstanding very help full with explaining items on the menu overall inside could use a make over its the same appearance as the day it opened but shows its age

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Management must not be too concerned...While the food was the appropriate temperature and served promptly a dispute over an expensive wine purchase was addressed by the sommelier - not a restaurant manager. No attempt was made on the restaurant's part to assuage the paying member of our party to ensure we did not leave with this poorly handled situation as a final memory of Terra Rossa.

Travellers who viewed Terra Rossa Italian Cuisine at Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa also viewed