“Ladies-Take Your Man”
Review of Ivan Kane's Forty Deuce - CLOSED

Ivan Kane's Forty Deuce
Reviewed 21 May 2007

I thought planning a different type of night out would be perfect for our first time in Las Vegas. This is a burlesque night club. My boyfriend enjoyed it and so did I. We got bottle service and had a little area all to ourselves. Music played, we danced and watched the show. Very cool night out! Suggested as an alternative to just a regular club night out.

1  Thank Suzy7

Reviewed 8 May 2007

My wife an I checked out the FortyDeuce as part of our honeymoon celebrations, we were staying at THE hotel spo we did not have far to go...just as well. We did not go clubbing that often during our stay so the '40 was a change of scenery, however it is no where near as cool as teh original in LA. I visited that 3 years ago, it was bigger, the shows were better and the crowd is cooler. Do not dare pay a cover charge - if you are in the area go by during the day and pick up some free passes. Also watch out for the scam where you back-hand teh greeter to skip the queue....the club is not that good. And for God's sake don't waste your cash on a bottle table ($450 FOR VODKA !!) Vegas takes ideas from elswhere and copies them...usually very very well...sadly the Forty Deuce is not one of them

3  Thank Crawfy&Lexy
Reviewed 13 November 2006

I thought it would be fun to go here and see a little burlesque show, boy was I wrong!

The cover charge was $20 which would of been okay if the show was good. Once you enter and head towards the stage you find out that the floor space near the stage and the front bar is about as big as your living room, only there are over 100 people packed into your living room.

It was so crowded we could not even make it to the front bar after 10 minutes of trying to work our way to order a drink. We finally gave up and went to the back bar to order a drink. But you can not see anything from the back bar so you must make your way back up front to see the show.

The show only runs once every 30 minutes and since it is so crowded, you can't even dance while you wait.

When the show finally started one girl comes out and does a really quick dance around the stage and dis-ropes to what you would see in a Victoria's Secret catalog. This is not really done in a sexy manner, she nearly runs around the stage doing her show. After about 3 minutes she is off the stage and a different girl does the same thing.

So if you enjoy being packed in with no room to dance and waiting 30 minutes to see a 6 minutes bad show, you may like this place; if not save your money!

3  Thank swaibel
Reviewed 21 September 2006

I thought this would be a fun way to spend my birthday in Vegas. The advertised start time is 10:30pm. We arrived around 11pm, paid $20 a person to get in. I was surprised at how tiny the place was. We walked into the main area and looked around and noticed that every single table had a reserved sign on them. We each ordered a $12 drink from the bar that wasn't that tasty. I've never had a Manhattan made with Jack Daniel's before! Finally we ask the bartender if there are any seats for people who didn't reserve a table. The answer was the tables up front are only for those who request bottle service. So apparently the two of us were to drink an entire bottle ourselves in order to sit down. There are about 3 chairs in an area behind a wall (so you can't see the show) which of course were taken. My husband has a herniated disc, so this just wasn't going to work. Meanwhile the show had not yet started and there were very few people in the place. My husband was fuming and he ended up demanding our cover charge back. Fortunately there was no problem in getting our money back. What a mistake! And as we left the bouncer notified us that the first show would be starting at 12:30am.

6  Thank SJoy
Reviewed 19 July 2006

What a complete rip-off!!!! Got reservations to this club (Ivan Kane's Forty Duece in Mandalay Bay Casino).... thinking it would be the highlight of the vacation...Boy, was I wrong....The performance was 1 1/2 late and THE DRINKS PURCHASED HAD NO ALCOHOL IN THEM. And paying $30 for 3 drinks after noticing that after round 3..Something is WRONG....I vowed I would post a comment somewhere to warn people......I will never go back!!!!

9  Thank sassy327