“Best suites in Vegas”

Skylofts at MGM Grand
Ranked #46 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 10 August 2012

My wife and I traveled to Vegas for a vacation and stayed in the 1 bedroom suite and the 2 bedroom suite while at the resort. I'll make a list of pros/cons of the stay.

Pros:
- Best service I've ever had in Vegas. You get your own Butler that will cater to your every need. My wife and I were celebrating an anniversary and the Butler had a cake waiting in our room one night. Housekeeping is very detailed and will cater to your every request. Staff is always friendly and smiling. They never seemed to tell me no or that they couldn't do something. You definitely get what you pay for.
- In room technology was awesome. You can control the iPod, lights, drapes, temperate and TV from one remote. This was the most technologically advanced room I've ever stayed in.
- Complimentary beverages (non-alcoholic) was a nice touch.
- Amazing bathroom with infiniti tub, sauna shower and rain shower. iPod could be played in the bathroom.
- Transportation. Picked up in the Ghost Rolls-Royce and taken back to the airport in a limo for free.
- Concierge gets it done. If you have a special request, they make it happen. If you use any of the MGM owned sites, you get the best seats/reservations etc.
- Twice daily maid service.
- Amazing in room ambiance.
- Free complimentary movies, most of which were very new.
- Private elevator access.

Cons

- Resort is pricey from the room, tips, food service etc. You get what you pay for, but be sure to include costs beyond just the room.
- 2 Bedroom suite wasn't as nice and intimate as the one bedroom suite. Single shower in the 2BR vs. dual showers in 1BR. 1BR also seemed newer and better cared for. The 2BR suite seemed like it had seen a few parties as evidenced by the carpet spots, felt on the pool table and marks on some of the walls. The MGM may want to do something to keep the property looking pristine in these types of rooms.
- Pool: While the pool was nice and fun, as a skylofts guest, you didn't get the same level of service pool side unless you wanted to rent a cabana for the day. I wouldn't mind paying for a cabana, but I couldn't handle an entire day of 110+ degree heat and therefore get my money's worth for a cabana. I might suggest a skylofts only pool area.
- Spa: Spa service was pleasant, but it looks a little outdated in spots. An upgrade is needed to stay on the same level as the Skylofts.

Overall, I would highly recommend the skylofts for anyone wanting to experience Vegas as a VIP. I booked through my AMEX Fine Resorts and Hotels service and saved some money and got a few extra perks. Will definitely stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a strip view at check-in.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank BrandonUK07
Skylofts, General Manager at Skylofts at MGM Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Congratulations again on your anniversary. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

The skyloft is amazing. Like other posters say, the only downside is you will not want to stay in a regular room after staying here....

We were picked up in 2 limo's (there were 8 of us, and later 9 of us) and taken to the skylofts. It was there I surprised my sister for her bachelorette party, she always wanted to stay in a skyloft.
The concierges were so nice, and our room was not supposed to be ready til 3 pm. I was bummed about saying "surprise!" but then not showing her the room for 7 hours (we arrived at 8 am) - however, the ROOM was ready! This was the best surprise of the weekend for us. It was ready at the crack of dawn! They took us up, gave us a tour and gave us some welcome juice.

The loft is very spacious. We had 9 in the 2 bedroom (the last night only 7 of us) and had plenty of room. We had only one issue w/ asking for 2 rollaway beds 4 times before they were brought to us. There was some huge misunderstanding there.

Later that night, we ate in and had room service. They had a gluten free menu which was important as my sister is celiac. Several got the gluten free chicken and loved it. A few of us got salads which were great. I also surprised my sister with cala lillies and champagne, and while we were at the salon, we came back and the butler helped us have the table all set to surprise her. We brought confetti for the tables. The cala lillies, while very pricey, were some of the nicest flowers I've ever seen in my life. So nice that my sister took them home boxed up on the plane because they were too amazing to leave behind. The dinner was great, however, the fire alarm and warning went off during our entire dinner. It put a damper on our celebratory dinner, but also made for a few laughs. I would say this was probably one of the only negatives of our trip, and I'm guessing, out of their control.

We had an expresso machine and would make fresh tea and coffee in the morning. Your butler will do this for you with one call. We tipped very often. If you stay in the skylofts, I would bring a whole set of money just to use for tipping all weekend long. Between the maid, concierge and butler, lots of tipping going on. Sodas and water are free, which is a great bonus.

There were little touches and surprises that really made the room wonderful. My sister left her jewelry in a knotted mess. When we returned that night, every earring was paired, and everything organized like you'd see in a jewelry store. They'd also fold any clothes you left on the floor, and sit out little treats like chocolate covered raisins. The most amazing thing housekeeping did, was they took our confetti mess from dinner, and shaped it into hearts all over the room wishing my sister congratulations for her upcoming wedding. This was just such a nice touch.

You would also come home and the lights would be dimmed, shades drawn, bed made with a flower on it, and spa music playing softly!

Everything is very high tech, from the cd player, to the remote that works most everything in the room, even to the bathtub that turns colors while you soak in it. In fact, I would joke that every night it took me 20 minutes to get the rooms ready to go to bed with figuring out the lights, shade, music, etc....and it wasn't much of an exaggeration!

I would HIGHLY recommend the skylofts for a special occassion. I think you will find that the extra money you spend on this room makes up for itself with service, perks, beverages, snacks, etc. All the little touches do add up. I can't say I will ever want to stay anywhere else in Vegas again. It definitely spoils you. i could have lived in this home with my children. It was that big! There were rooms I didn't even get a chance to sit in while there. The other nice thing is it forces you to spend more time in the room than you normally would, which offers an opportunity for bonding, and fun times that you may not have if you were out and about. It gives peace and serenity in a town full of wild times and exhausting behavior! What a nice treat. I will definitely be saving my money and returning!

You will love the skylofts. You will absolutely NOT regret treating yourself or a loved one! It will be the best decision you ever made.

Enjoy!

Room Tip: We had room 20 and it was wonderful.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank joeybagz312

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Congratulations again on your families recent celebrations. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 20 July 2012

We stayed in the two bedroom SkyLOFT and all I can say is that it was amazing from beginning to end. We had one hiccup with the initial courtesy transportation (Ghost Rolls-Royce!) going to the wrong place, but it was quickly sorted out and every other detail of our arrival was perfect (greeted at the door, escorted to private elevator, in-room check in with butler waiting to greet us by the door, all of our preferences honored).

The rooms are more like large apartments than hotel rooms (3000 sq ft on two levels). Every amenity is top notch (pool table, media room, fully-automated music/drapes/lights, tv's in every room including two in bathroom, steam shower, complimentary Voss water and sodas, $2,000 espresso machine, butler, complimentary clothes pressing, and on and on...). The experience is incredible and they make you feel like royalty during your stay with every request that you make being honored and respected. When you want to leave the hotel, they have private exits with a transport waiting for you (first taxi in line is yours, every time! or you can have a limo if you like).

Also, while staying at the SkyLOFT you will be invited to dine at The Mansion! Make sure you take advantage of this exclusive offer even if it's just to have breakfast there.

Even better...the SkyLOFT is one of the AmEx platinum FHR hotels and you will receive all of the AmEx during your stay (early check-in, 4pm check-out, $200 a day credit for breakfast or in-room dining, $100 spa services credit, etc). Not to mention, through AmEx the room is $200 cheaper to book!

Amazing. We will be back!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DaveUK12360878

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

Reviewed 18 July 2012

For our daughters wedding we were encouraged to book two midweek nights at Skylofts, a two bedroom suite. Every aspect was top drawer but three major aspects stood out. First of all the walkin jungle shower, mindblowing! Second was the close family meal for ten of us. We were too late to book a table down in MGM Grand so the butler organised for us to order and sit down in our apartment. He served us and all was top class. Finally after the wedding we entertained some of the guests and all had a spectacular experience. Don't miss out, book midweek when rates are not unreasonable.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank paulnpat

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. Congratuations again on your daughters wedding. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

We were in Vegas (my 4th time) for 4 nights. We decided to splurge and get a Saturday night in the Skylofts. Oh.My.God. Even though I was drunk when we first went into the room (just came from Wet Republic) the place blew my mind. We got upgraded to the 2 bedroom skyloft if I'm not mistaken. Eric the butler had escorted us and our bags in and showed us around. There were floor to ceiling windows, a billiards table, piano, and just a crazy amount of room. I got lost (again probably the alcohol) a few times. I have stayed in many different hotels and suites in Vegas but nothing compares to the Skylofts. If you don't mind the price I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank DL1021

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

Everything was perfect. From the reception at the airport, to being whisked right up to your loft and having everybody waiting for you to arrive, everything was perfect. The concierge who helped us in the morning was such a positive friendly individual. I cannot remember his name, but he used to work for Mystere and even called one of his friends to get us tickets when the box office was closed...what an example of someone who will go well above and beyond what he is asked of. The other staff were truly amazing, especially our butler Christine. Breakfast at the mansion was a spectacular treat as well. My only complaint, which I will state in case someone reads this was the lack of a pool or private pool area. At $2500/night, I think it would be a nice gesture to at least have a skyloft area at the pool. It was quite hectic to head down to the pool and find a place to sit. I think it would be a great addition to add a service like this, or create a private pool area for the skyloft guests.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank MJCMN

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

My fiance and I used this facility for our pre- wedding party. We called about a year in advance and were directed to a casino host who was not very easy to get a hold of during this process. We specificly asked for the two bedrooom with plunge pool because we wanted our guest to be able to stand outside and enjoy the veiw of the strip. As most brides do I spent hours, weeks, months reserching where to have the perfect dinner that night. I looked at you tube to get a better idea of what I was renting. I wanted it to be so perfect. We looked ar several hotels that even had better pricing, but the MGM was always my favorite hotel, so we went with them. We were told we could rent that Skyloft for $4,000 for the night. We asked about pre paying the room to reseve it or if we needed a deposit and she told us no, it was no problem, our room would be ready. I assumed it was because we stay at the MGM about 3 times a year and they looked up my fiances name, but it was because they were not reserving that room for us. We ordered food for 20 people from Nicholas who was more than helpful and easy to deal with. Appetizers for 20 ran about $700. We also rented two cabanas at the pool that were $1400 but that money was used as a food and beverage credit at the pool.
The room rates they quoted for our group were about the same price as online, but I was able to get a way better deal on travel zoo. We were told all of our guests would have players cards issued to them and ready when they checked in, and that all of our groups play would be credited to us so that we could use any comps available. We were also told the casino host would meet us upon check in and take some itineraries we printed up for our guest and make sure they recieved them. None of this happened. The man who checked us in at the counter said we would absolutely not be allowed to have guests in the Skylofts then told my fiance right in front of me that his friend owned a bus which would take all the guys out to several strip clubs on a guys party. He was getting ready to invest in this party bus business with his friend so he could guarantee the guys would have the time of their lives. I guess I was just going to entertain the girls and our parents by myself? He lied to us to drum up business for his friend and eventually himself. When we finally reached the casino host later that evening she didn't seem to care, and said that we would be allowed to have guests in the Skyloft.
We spent a good amount of time the first night getting all of our guests players cards on our own. We were supopsed to get a call to tell us which cabanas we were going to be in so we could tell our guests, but never got the call. Found out later they called one of our guests rooms early the next morning and woke them up to tell them. On a good note we got the Cabanas we asked for, Steve our host was awesome (we have him every year at our pool party and love him) and the pool party was amazing.
During the pool party, my fiance and I went to check in to the Skyloft for the party later. We were escorted up to a room that not only had no outdoor deck, but a view of the airport. We told them it was he wrong room, but they could do nothing to help us. I was so bummed. They said we could have the wrong room for $1000. I had to take it because it was too late to rebook anywhere else on two hours notice. The staff felt bad after we showed them our email we had sent a year ago requesting the other room and said they would try to get us all into Mix or the Foundation Room to have a drink so everyone could have the veiw I wanted for them. They did get us into the Foundation Room but once our guests were up there and seated, we were told we had to order 3 bottles to stay. We didn't want to be have to tell our guests we all had to leave and cause a big mess so $1200 later I finally had somewhat of a veiw. A quick drink for everyone turned into a couple hours trying to drink the bottles and our plans of gambling and having fun were cut back by a few hours.
Upon check out some of our guests were given comps for rooms and things. We recieved no comps. When my fiance finally got in touch with the casino host after aririving home (our group flew from Vegas to Mexico where we got married) we were told by the casino host that we got no comps brcause they gave us the (wrong) room for $1,000. She was supposed to call us back about the other guests recieving the comps we were supposed to get since we paid for the whole trip for everyone, and about the rude man who checked us in, about the mix up on the players cards, about the wrong room, and about the Foundation Room, but that was a couple weeks ago and nobody has returned our call. I promised my fiance I would wait to write a review until they has a chance to at least apologize for this mess, but nobody has bothered and I think it is important that people know this happened. This was never about the comps, That was the casino hosts promise that if people gambled enough we would get comped. Unfortunatly we spent too much time trying to fix the mistakes they made to gamble. But I was willing from day one to pay the $4000 for the right room. They should have told us we may not get that exact room so that I could have found another hotel that would give me what I wanted. These rooms are beautiful if you just want to upgade, but do not risk an important party on them. Especially a wedding week that you want to be perfect.

Room Tip: These Skyloft rooms are beautiful if you are just looking for an upgrade, but I don't recomend t...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
38  Thank SuzMcQ

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for allowing our team to discuss this unfortunate stay with you over the phone. We hope that you will return to Skylofts so that we may restore your faith in us.