“Best in Vegas”

Skylofts at MGM Grand
Ranked #46 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 10 September 2013

The service and attention to detail was fantastic from the moment of booking to check out. Every member of the team went the extra mile to accommodate any request. The lofts themselves were very impressive and in particular the bathrooms and sauna. The in loft dining and room service is also highly recommended. Cant wait to go back!

Room Tip: Ask for a strip view
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Yousef M
Skylofts, Manager at Skylofts at MGM Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your great review! We are delighted that you would consider us the "Best in Vegas"! Our bathrooms and saunas are always a big hit with our guests, we are glad you enjoyed!

We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Enjoyed the check in/check out system. Concierge was very helpful. Limousine greeter, butler, and hotel staff were very accommodating. Very spacious layout. Would recommend for a group! I like the pool table, couches were comfy, bed felt amazing.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Aslee V

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review and for spending your birthday with us at SKYLOFTS! We are delighted that you enjoyed every bit of your experience!

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Yes, the room itself is beautiful and filled with amenities to the point where we didn't even have time to use them all. However, it was the customer service that my friends and I experienced by the Skyloft staff that will make it hard for us to ever choose another hotel when we return to Las Vegas. We were treated like royalty. We appreciated everything our concierge and butler did for us and we will most likely return and upgrade to the pool suite. Thank you thank you thank you for making my birthday the best yet!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Travdog1985

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review and for celebrating your birthday with us! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the services we have to offer!

We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 9 September 2013

I have stayed in a wide selection of hotels on the Strip, and Skylofts makes every other property look like a Holiday Inn.

As a surprise for our anniversary, I booked a night in a one bedroom loft (#71!!) From the comfortable limo ride to our private check in, the arrival experience was absolutely flawless. Special nod to Teddy for making me laugh!

Per my request, we had a strip facing loft directly diagonal from the "Grand" sign. The view was jaw-dropping. I had also requested some little treats and surprises for my partner and they were set up elegantly for us. He was so surprised!

Our butler, Pat, was astounding. She instantly made us feel at ease and took care of all our needs. From the champagne and chocolate covered strawberries, to the fresh fruit and fantastic cheese, we were spoiled rotten.

We also were able to eat breakfast at the Mansion! If you stay, I highly recommend making that request. You will not regret it.

There are too many other features and delights to write about, but being able to tour Loft 97(!) and having a butler draw our bath with rose petals are two things I need to mention.

And to prove that actions speak louder than words, I actually booked a second night within hours of checking in.

Thank you so much to all the staff at Skylofts for making our anniversary the best one yet!

Room Tip: Ask for a loft with a plunge pool!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JAQ_GINGER

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the excellent review! We are delighted that you enjoyed the view, our services, and all of the little surprises that go along with being a SKYLOFTS guest! We are happy that you were able to experience the Mansion during your stay as well!

Thank you for celebrating your anniversary with us and we hope you will join us again soon!

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Recently stayed at the Skylofts. What a great find this was. After narrowing down some other high end properties on the strip, we picked this one.
The pre arrival concierge Noelani was wonderful. She handled our dinner reservations and show tickets, transportation to and from the airport, and made sure we had our choice of beverages stocked in the mini fridge.

We were greeted promptly at the airport and had a limo ride. Ah one note on the limo ride. It was a older limo with some torn seats, definitely showing its wear. Note to management perhaps send nicer cars or limos for your guests when picking them up at the airport. I was not thrilled with the limo itself. The driver was very nice however.

At arrival at Skylofts, they offered beverages and took our luggage to our room. We did have an early arrival, however our room was ready. They escorted us to our room. You do have to walk through the main lobby of the MGM Grand, but there is a separate bank of elevators that takes you up to the Skylofts.

The staff was very professional and wonderful. The service was beyond fantastic. Walking down the hallway the staff was at our suite waiting for us. We did have a different butler each day. They restocked our beverages, pressed clothes etc and took care of anything else that we may have wanted. We received a complimentary tray of chocolate covered strawberries which were heavenly! We got a tour of the loft - how to work, tubs, showers, and the Creston touch screen controls for the lights, music, drapes, etc.

The suites was very clean and nice. They obliged our request not to have a suite facing south-suites facing south face the airport and Hooters Hotel.

The maid service was wonderful. They replenished supplies and towels. Turn down service nightly was wonderful. Leaving notes and flowers on the bed and soft music playing. We also received little desserts each evening and were put on the dining table.

Noelani also managed to secure 3 days of breakfast at the Mansion. The Mansion is by invitation only. Definitely recommend breakfast there. The butler has to escort you in each morning. Only guests of the Skylofts and Mansion may dine there. The entrance is private behind some unmarked gates off the casino area. We ate out in the courtyard. Felt like we were in Italy, surrounded by a fountain, greenery, beautiful flowers. The food was outstanding. Especially the Tahitian Vanilla French Toast and Waffles. There were no other diners there. It was peaceful and quiet and romantic. Hard to believe one was still in Las Vegas.

It was hard to leave after our stay. We did get a ride back to the airport in the Ghost Rolls Royce. What a fantastic car. The driver was wonderful as well.

5 stars for the Skylofts and 5 stars to the staff... Joe, Noelani, Sherman, Maria and the maids.
You made our stay fantastic! You spoiled us.... :-)

Room Tip: Get a room facing North or West. Avoid rooms facing south and east. Hooters is not a good view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Windycity21

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the amazing review! We are so happy that you found us and enjoyed your visit so much! We are delighted that you were able to enjoy the serenity of the Mansion each morning for breakfast. I will be sure to commend Noelani, Joe, Sherman, Maria, and our entire housekeeping staff for making your stay so memorable!

We were disappointed to hear of your arrival limousine experience. We will certainly address your concern with our Transportation team as that is unacceptable. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We recently purchased a few new cars for our fleet as well.

We look forward to pampering you again in the near future!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

by far the #1 hotel I have ever stayed at
service top notch
food delivered to you room post haste !!
(hint call from the baggage area and it will be in your room when you arrive)
shower amazing
only small issue is that the furniture (couch in living room is not comfortable and the beds are SUPER FIRM....
staff amazing ANYTHING you want they will get for you !!!!

Room Tip: ask for LOFT 77 best view in a single bed room !!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and honored that you would consider us the best hotel you have ever stay at!

I am sorry to hear that you felt some of the furnishings were uncomfortable. We appreciate your feedback and will look into some options for guests such as yourself that prefer a softer mattress. For your next visit, please note that we also offer a "pillow menu" with 14 different pillow choices tailored to every preference!

We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Whenever we are in Las Vegas, we don't think of staying anywhere else- not even the Mansions anymore!! From the concierges (except for Sara [Asian, 30 years old], whom was constantly *RUDE* to us), to the butlers, to the bellmen, to the Chefs.

Notable concierges include James Choi and Sherman!!!!! And my favorite butler is JUSTIN (Asian, just got married!)!!! Anyway, this trip I had a truly remarkable experience. I was craving Chinese food at 2:15 in the morning. I called down, and they kindly suggested a restaurant on property that had a small offering of Chinese food on the menu. Unfortunately, they were cleaning the part of the kitchen that they cooked the Chinese food in. However, the in-house Skyloft Chef, James, offered to give the Beef with Broccoli I'd asked for a shot. Turned out to be the BEST Beef with Broccoli I have ever had!! Must have been filet mignon, as it melted in my mouth! Room service is a little pricey, but I do not think you can put a price on extraordinary quality. I have yet to eat an even unremarkable meal from room service. Butlers set your table, and then clean up after you are finished. Just an amazing experience from beginning to end. Another great meal was my daily pasta with bolognese sauce (had to have been made from scratch) and fresh mozzarella and garlic bread. Pasta was cooked PERFECT every time and the consistency of the food was almost unbelievable.

I especially enjoy the Skylofts because I'm not exactly a "people person." Private elevators whisk you from the casino to your sanctuary high above the Las Vegas strip. Room service is Peninsula caliber, or possibly superior!! Private valet and bellmen make getting your car or luggage up to your room a breeze. We had arrived with our luggage with us and everything was waiting for us when we arrived at our in-suite check in. How did they do it? David Copperfield must have made everything appear upstairs. Also, the design of the rooms and Bang and Olufsen (been a fan since I was 14) electronics is nearly unmatched. The ease of use of the Crestron All-In-One remote control is just sensational.

Which brings me to the SINGLE negative aspect of our trip. Sara, a concierge, was remarkably rude the last 2 trips this summer. She was SO rude that I even asked her if I'd done something grossly inappropriate, even though I'm certain that I hadn't, to which her response was "no, sorry." After I asked her why she was rude, she replied, "I'm sorry." I wasn't sure if she was just a rube, or if she thought I was a dullard and wouldn't notice, or care, or what! However, I do know that I count two or three other people that I have encountered in the hospitality industry in my life that have treated me as such. I was not angry, just disappointed. How could someone like this slip through the cracks, and still be there months later (our first stay this summer was Memorial Day). Anyway, I'll probably still be back, but I think I'll write an additional letter to upper management and Fedex it, so someone actually reads it.

If you're looking for a PRIVATE, DISCREET, luxurious hotel to stay in Las Vegas, don't look at the Four Seasons (which I've been staying at since I was 12?). They have NOTHING on the Skylofts!!! If you give the Skylofts a shot, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: All of the lofts are excellent. I have yet to stay in a "bad" loft.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Barron S
Skylofts, Manager at Skylofts at MGM Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments! We truly value your feedback and we are delighted that SKYLOFTS has become your home away from home in Las Vegas.

We will be sure to commend James, Sherman and Justin on their efforts in making your stay so memorable! I am so sorry however to hear about your negative experience with Sara. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and will address your concerns with her directly.

We look forward to welcoming you back to SKYLOFTS and thank you again for taking the time to share your experience!