“Pure luxury - This is Las Vegas!”

Skylofts at MGM Grand
Ranked #55 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
San Francisco, California
“Pure luxury - This is Las Vegas!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2010

I have stayed at many 5 star hotels but I never had the level of luxury Skylofts can offer.

Located on top floor of MGM Grand main building accessed by Skylofts exclusive elevator, the room is not only huge (3,000 sqf = 278 sqm), but also loaded with amenities never before seen in a hotel such as B & O sound system throughout the 2 story room, multi functional touch screen tablet remote control, infinity jacuzzi with underwater mood lighting, steam room, multi streaming showerheads with rain shower, commercial grade espresso machine, pool table, walk-in closet big enough to please Lady Gaga, and so on.

I had a privilege to travel with a high roller friend of mine and everything was comped including room, Louis XIII, Johnnie Walker Blue, wine, food, and some shopping. I know it's not fair to write a review on a non-paid hotel stay. I just had to write it because it was very unique and special.

If I had to pay for $3,000 a night for a casual stay, I would probably not have done it unless I hit a jackpot in the casino, a big jackpot that is. If they offer special promo rate for my special occasion though, I would book this room again without a doubt. Wow factor comes in for special occasion for my special crowds.

Skylofts itself is pure Las Vegas where insanity can be taken as sanity on a daily basis. After all, I was much more impressed of what was going on at a high roller baccarat table where my friend was playing than this room - an absolute culture shock.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank lax2bkk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Europe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2010

We have stayed at the Skylofts on 2 other occasions. My husband on at least 5 other trips. It is our hotel of choice in LV. Travelling with 2 young infants (13m and 2 years..yes, very close) this hotel was excellent. The hosekeeping supplied to wonderful cots, not travel cots but solid wooden cots with bumpers, quilts and brand new cuddly toys. There wer 2 child gates at both the top and bottom of the stairs. Two high chairs. The butler gave us baby water each day for the formula. All staff were super friendly especially towards the children. Most evenings were spent upstairs in the room which was fine as the DVD player was very useful. The 900 choice of TV channels was also great. My mum stayed a fews nights along while my husband and I went out.

We always had preferred dinning, valet parking and service. But you expect this as it goes with the price tag. As for the small entrance lobby. This is new and was only out in place the last 3 years or so. Hence it's location. Before you used to check in through the main private lounge. The parking used to also be mixed in with the other guests. As for the lift service, if there is a high security guest, there is a security guard in the private lift that only allows skyloft guests access.

We actually spent 5 days in LV then was supposed to spend 5 days in LA but cut that short and came back to the MGM after 3 days and spent other 7 days in LV.

I love this hotel especially for couple travelling but even with small kiddies it was superb. Can't wait for next time :)

Restaurants all good. Spa service and treatments great too. Laptop rental also available.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank twinkytoes
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2010

First off, let me say that I am not a fan of Vegas. That being said, I took my partner there for his birthday last year to see a show at the MGM. After searching for 'the best' hotel on the strip, I found the SkyLofts and it looked too good to be true. Immediately after booking, a concierge contacted me asking about special requests etc, as the show we were seeing was at the MGM, I requested that our tickets be picked up and I mentioned that we were celebrating a birthday. We arrived at the Las Vegas airport and walked off the plane and were immediately greeted by a SkyLofts Driver. He carried our bags to the limo that was awaiting us. Unfortunately the Maybach was not available but it was still a great limo ride and a treat to be escorted from gate to limo. Upon arrival, there were 3 people waiting for us, greeting us by name as we exited the limo. We were taken to a private check in area separate from the main MGM lobby. As we arrived early, our room was not ready, so I asked if there was a good breakfast place....the concierge picked up the phone, got us a table at Mansion for breakfast, and we were escorted to the restaurant. VERY private and away from it all, awesome breakfast! Our room was ready after breakfast......escorted back to the private check in area, then whisked up the private elevators to the top floor of the MGM..elevator door opens and you are in a different world! Blue modern lighting, a very quiet zen like feeling! As we came to our door, there was a private butler with white gloves on, opening our door for us. The room is AMAAAAZING! I cannot stress that enough! HUGE, 2 level Floor to Ceiling windows, 3 flat screens, Bang and Olufson surround sound in the whole place, remote control everything...... anything you could imagine. The tickets to our show were printed out and on the table, as with a Birthday Cake! SURPRISE! Fully stocked mini bar, coffee station, snacks, huge dining room table! It was great! If you are looking for complete luxury and space and being treated like a star, this is the place! We had dinner in our room served from Craft. They came and set everything up as if we were dining downstairs! Service is top notch! DO NOT miss this place!!!!!!! Upon departure, the Maybach was available and that was our ride back to the airport..........

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Spencejonesy
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2010

Let me start by saying this is THE BEST hotel I have EVER stayed.
6 months prior to planning a visit to Las Vegas I saw this hotel on trip advisor and knew this is where I would stay if I ever got to Vegas.

2 couples stayed in the 2 bedroom skylofts, initially there was some concern that the skylofts wouldnt be big enough and private enough for two couples to stay, we didnt need to worry.

The skylofts were huge, we didnt take advantage of the free maybach limo on the way in as we were getting a limo from LA. We were met at the skylobby and taken up to our loft for checkin.

everything was fabulous, we had booked into MGM signature for 3 nights after the skylofts stay followed by our final night at the planet hollywood. we decided after our original two night stay that we would change planet hollywood reservations and stay again for one extra night. The concierge organised all of this. The concierge also organised Late checkout and early check in and the Maybach for both the Skylofts check out and the Signature back to skylofts trip three days later.

The pool table we requested in the suite was great and well used.

You can read other reviews and see from photos what words cannot express, if you can stretch to afford it, you will not be disappointed!

I can say I will return here!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
8 Thank erwk05
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2010

The only downside is the expense. If you can afford it there is no better place to stay. Airport transfers in Maybach/Limo, complimentary snacks/drinks, VIP treatment at any nightclub/restaurant, Breakfast at the Mansion, free movies (all movies)......Need I say more.....

Stayed May 2009
4 Thank mille125
New Delhi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2010

Everything in this hotel was superb, love to be there, waanaa go again.....

• Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
4 Thank harpreet29
New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2010

Was at the Skylofts for 5 days with a bachelor party of 15 guys, 6 of us sleeping in the 2-bed loft. All you can say about this room was WOW. The actual room is amazing - the pool table was great for entertaining, the media room was a hit for watching movies, there was more than enough seating for my entire big group, and the bathrooms were to die for. The shower is the finest shower I've ever been in, with a rain showerhead, 4 wall-mounted jets shooting water at your chest, a European showerhead and steam jets, plus a nice cedar bench to sit on while washing your feet and being 4x the size of a normal shower. The infinity tub was nearly as nice, especially because you could turn on the bathroom's flat-screen TV to keep you amused in-tub. But what sets the Skylofts apart is the amazing service. They unpack your bags, bring up complimentary non-alcoholic drinks and ice, press your clothes, provide an extra TV for your video game systems, store your leftovers from meals and heat them up and serve them to you on request, have all the on-demand movies you want and also a significant DVD library you can borrow from, and have the best concierge you could ever imagine (got us primo spots at all the nightclubs we wanted - places that were "sold out" suddenly found room when the Skylofts concierge called on your behalf) - and thats just the complimentary stuff (and I didn't even mention the complimentary round-trip Maybach - I will never again sit in such a beautiful car). Its worth mentioning that despite all this service, it seldom felt stiff or formal. All it took was hitting the "do not disturb" button and the butlers stayed out of this room, and the staff at the desk was warm and friendly without being excessively formal.

The lofts ended up being a great venue for our party - while Skylofts policy forbids outside alcohol and food, its fair to say that if you don't flaunt that you are bringing it in you are unlikely to have a problem. It was a wonderful base of operations, the service was impeccable, the common areas were spacious and comfortable, and the sleeping areas were perfect. You obviously pay for what you get, but if you're having a large group out to Vegas then getting a Skyloft is a great call.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends