“AWESOME PLACE TO STAY FOR FAMILY OR NO FAMILY”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tahiti Village

Tahiti Village
Ranked #33 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Burleson, Texas
“AWESOME PLACE TO STAY FOR FAMILY OR NO FAMILY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

We stayed here in June of 2010, I took my wife , my Son and daughter which both are grown, I also took three of my grandchildren and my Mom and of course my wife.
I have to say that the place was so nice and so awesome that me and my wife bought a timeshare there and then sold the one we owned in Branson. I do understand that some things can happen when you're away from home but I also know that some people are VERY HARD to please, and those people are the ones that give this place anything but a GREAT review, You have to be nuts to think this place is not awesome!!!
we have been to a lot of timeshares since we became owners in Branson and believe me this is one that is right at the top of the list. Plus the daily events are awesome to.
The pool is HUGE and the lazy river is so much fun, they also have a HUGE BBQ area so you can grill out.
They offer free shuttle to the grocery store two times a week and free shuttle to the strip in two places, This resort is a class act believe me. I have stayed in many and even in several that were suppose to be hoottsy tootsy places and this beats them all.
I sugest staying here anytime and we are heading there again tomorrow. Can't wait.
we are owners here now and this will be the first time we have stayed as owners, I will give feedback on this trip when we return. I think you should give this place a try and especially if you have kids they would love it but If you do have a problem then go to the Manager and let know and I know they will help you get it taken care of.
Will check back when we get back.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (775)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

So rude, not helpful! Take, take, take... Everything is extra! They say things are included that aren't included! Worst ever. Go somewhere else! I would NEVER recommend this to a friend!

• Stayed August 2011
7 Thank Plnky29876543221
dloera, Manager at Tahiti Village, responded to this review, 1 September 2011
We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. The “extras” you refer to - and we can only guess what they are in the absence of specifics - are generally considered industry standard. We charge $10 a day for internet service in guest rooms, a onetime $10 charge for wireless access to three internet hot spots in the resort, $5 for inner tube rental, a per-page charge for printing in the business center (but free printing of airline boarding passes), and a nominal fee for various onsite activities. Once again, we are sorry the extra fees prevented you from enjoying our resort.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

We had so much fun staying here. The pool was awesome and the foliage around it made me forget we were in Vegas because it feels like somewhere much more tropical. The shuttle service up the strip is great and we found the schedule worked well for us. We own a timeshare here, but would totally stay here as a hotel if we didn't.

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank JN403
dloera, Manager at Tahiti Village, responded to this review, 22 August 2011
Thank you for investing in vacation ownership with Tahiti Village. As you know, the benefits extend well beyond the resort itself. We hope you also like the new website, which offers a comprehensive look at our resort and up-to-date information on the blog. We’re glad you enjoyed our sandy bottom pool and tropical environment. We’re an oasis in the desert where you can completely forget you’re in Las Vegas, and close enough to the action to take advantage of everything the city has to offer. Our convenient shuttle service departs once an hour for the Strip. Thank you once again for becoming an owner and for sharing your comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Sylvan Lake, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

Our first two week stay at TV. We were a little concerned that two weeks was too long as all our other stays here were a one week duration. Well, we worried for nothing, we travelled as 6, the children being 17, 8, 6, and 4. My wife drove down from Alberta with the kids as I was working and flew down to join them later.
I have to say, the rooms are as beautiful as ever, the property is being maintained excellently. Of course there are signs of wear and tear here and there but that is to be expected as things break they get fixed, no big deal.
We were in building two on he fifth floor and had requested a pool view, the view we got was amazing, best yet. Not only could we see the pool we could see part of the strip, awesome.
My two oldest children made new vacation friends, an all of them were happy running back and forth between the lazy river and the pool alll day. Exhausting for us but worth every bit of spent energy to see the joy in their faces.
On my last review I stated that we were going to use more of the amenities this time but while I was there I realized the great thing about TV, it's in Vegas, and Vegas is the Amenity. If you get bored in Vegas you are trying too hard, we are not gamblers and couldn't anyway with little kids but we were able to fill up two weeks without a problem.
The staff as usual were all pleasant, and tried their best to be helpfull. We had maintenance up three times for a plugged toilet, they always arrived within 15 minutes.
A beer at the pool bar was $5.00 for a big can of Red Stripe. Not outlandish as far as I'm concerned, and we quite often brought our own from our room without hassle.
One of the BBQ's wasn't working but when informed the hotel said they'd fix it immediately.
There were days we did not leave the resort and never felt lacking.
I had to head back to work but my wife and kids attended the Saturday lua, she said the kids enjoyed it, the entertainment was ok but they should have moved some of the pool loungers out of the way because the view from her table was not great. When asked if she'd do it again she said yes, so that's a good thing, and the food was simple but well cooked with enough variety as to not be boring.
The shuttles were once again great and now all you need is to flash your room key so it's easier than ever.
We are now happier than ever that we bought here. Next year two weeks in our timeshare in Mexico then back here for two in 2013.
It's Vegas Baby.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Baylisclan
Santa Maria, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

Took the family for a short trip before school started. We had two 14 year olds and two 24 year olds. Booked the two bedroom suite and we all loved it! Tons of room with a full kitchen and everything you need. Loved the lazy river and the pool was great, it stayed open until 10pm and you are able to take your own ice chests down with your own beverages and alcohol and food. Although the cocktails they serve are very strong and delish. (Watermelon Mojito = Yummy!) Everyone wants to stay here from now on vs. any hotel on the strip. Didn't even feel like we were in Vegas until @ night when we took the shuttle for dinners and a show which was perfect.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank dkmorales
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

My pool team made it to the nationals in the APA and I booked three rooms through Interval International. I booked two at Tahiti Village and one at Tahiti for members of my team all checking in a day apart. When I took my teamate over to Tahiti to check in they heard us mention that the rest of the team was at Tahiti Village and immediately offered to move my teamate there too, for no extra charge. The service was outstanding and friendly.

At Tahiti Village, the resort was absolutely beautiful, the rooms were very up to date and comfortable. They went out of their way to put all of us right next to each other in the resort.

The pool areas (two of them) were very much fun. One of the pools is a lazy river and it was very relaxing to just lay on a tube and float round the pool. Everyone on my team, including myself, really enjoyed the resort. We would definitely go back if we make the tournament again.

If you like to shop, the outlet stores are right across the street. And the location was just fine although not on the strip, it is just right down the road from it on the same street.

You will not be unhappy if you stay here.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank david760
Kent, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

I learned that booking certain rooms on line not to expect it upon arrival. The staff not freindly or helpful at all. Had an absolute horrible time trying to staighten out the room ended up in a smoking room which made me and my guest sick. I will know better to A never stay their again and B never settle for a smoking room again. The only nice thing about the whole experience was the lazy river pool.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
12 Thank Eric H
dloera, Manager at Tahiti Village, responded to this review, 23 August 2011
We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. We welcome feedback and constructive criticism, but are having a hard time discerning the exact challenge you had during your stay. If we are interpreting your feedback correctly, it appears when you arrived there were only smoking units available. If this was the case, please accept our apologies and know this would be a rare occurrence. Smoking rooms comprise only 3 percent of the resort and are generally filled by those that request them. We also apologize you did not find the staff friendly or helpful in this matter. We pride ourselves on our service and are sorry we fell short of your expectations. We hope you will give us a chance one day to prove that your first visit was an anomaly and not a true reflection of our capabilities. Thank you again for your feedback.