“For Families in Vegas”
Review of Tahiti Village

Tahiti Village
Ranked #36 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Las Vegas was the last stop on our trip. Started in San Francisco, stopped on coast, visted LA and drove to Vegas. I booked a week at Tahiti through an exchange with II. Our stay ran from Tues to Tues, however, we were only staying 3nights (Wed to Sat). Check in was quick, we were given a two bedroom unit on the 8th floor of building 5. This is in the back of the complex. Unit was clean, big, and quiet. Very easy to get an elevator, and parking close by. Bathrooms were big and clean. Full Kitchen too. Fitness center was small, some equipment was not in service. Kid's center was small and on the fourth floor. Hotel activities were not really advertized, saw a sign in the elevator. Lazy river was nice, costs 5.00 for a tube per day. The main pool was very large and nice. The grounds were very well kept. I liked the little convenience store on site, as well as the Denny's and Tahiti Joe's restaurant. I like to eat out on vacation, but many people here were using the BBQ facilities, it was always crowded. The shuttle service to the strip was nice. It drops you off at NY, NY, and there is also a stop at the Mirage. If there was a big crowd, an additional bus would be used. As a place to bring a family in Vegas, I would say "yes" to this timeshare.

Reviewed 26 August 2011

We stayed at the resort for 5 nights this month and had a great experience. First of all this resort is great for families. We stayed in a one bedroom unit with patial kitchenette. It was great for making our son breakfast in the morning and quick lunches. We were in building 12 with a small view of the pool from the bedroom unit. The resort and unit was very clean. The benefits of this resort are the spacious rooms, lazy river, huge pool and bbq pits for grilling. The pool is open until 10pm with lifeguards which was great for relaxing after our day trips. We ate the restaurant. Food was good and drinks were great. Order their pizza as they will deliver to your room or to the pool in the day. Another plus was that you can take your coolers into the pool. The hotel shuttles were very convenient. They ran until 1:15am on the weekend and 12:15pm on the weekdays. They come every thirty minutes. Beautiful property, great staff and easy to access the strip.

Reviewed 25 August 2011

We stayed in building five on the seveth floor. It was clean and beautiful with a great view of the lazy river. We were able to get the two connecting rooms for our family , four adults and four kids. It was just right. The kitchen was clean and had everything we needed. We were planning to BBQ, however so was everyone else. There is a need for more grills. Overall this is a great family resort , we liked the atmosphere. The shuttle service was great and much better that trying to park down town.
This is a huge resort, lots of walking and parking is difficult. Getting the connecting rooms was almost impossible, only happened at the last minute accompanied with a huge fit on my part. Having to pay for internet is a minus. I thought I would be able to go to the lobby and use the resorts like I do at my home resort , there is also a hefty charge for that.
So, all being said and done, I would stay here again. I would not plan on a BBQ or internet, but I would feel safe and clean.

Room Tip: Try to get building #5 . It is the newest. Higher up is better.
2  Thank awtwins
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Tahiti Village is a perfect alternative to staying in the craziness of the Las Vegas Strip. We have stayed here 3 times and will continue to book here when traveling to Vegas. The rooms are amazingly spacious and clean, with a separate bedroom, living room, kitchen, and bathroom with jacuzzi tub & steam shower! The lazy river and pool are very clean and relaxing! They provide a shuttle service every half hour to 2 different locations on the strip, so you never have to take a cab! Also, we took advantage of the shuttle that goes to the grocery store on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays to stock up on essentials for our room. There is a barbecue area that has 5 or 6 huge grills for your use and it is be a fun place to be every evening. We chose to grill on our last night and were very happy we did. There are 2 fitness centers on the complex, which we used, and were pleased with the cleanliness of each one. I highly recommend staying here, as you get to be at a resort by day, and party in the strip by night! It's the best of both worlds!

Room Tip: Book the Bora Bora room for a spacious, yet affordable room!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank shmeebee
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We needed a getaway with a nice pool and not on the strip, as I wasn't all that excited about having fliers flicked at my kids with pictures of human topics I was not yet ready to cover with my two young boys. Plus, we needed space to spread out a bit so that mom and dad could actually enjoy some sort of rest during the couple day vacation. The bummer was that it is August and anything in Nevada is going to resemble a base camp placed directly on the surface of the sun. It was HOT. 105+ every day. So, I was super excited when I came across the Tahiti Village. Read lots of reviews, nothing terrible except if you were a time share owner. Plus, the rooms were huge and it had a separate room for the wife and I. So the plus side was that we had a pretty nice location on the bottom of the strip but a relatively quiet area compared to the rest of the strip. We had a fairly new room with a small kitchenette and a hotel with 2 pools. The down side is that this place will certainly not kill you with customer service. Not that I'm the sort that likes getting hounded but a little something every once in a while would have been nice. I didn't even get a,"How was you stay?" at the end. The pool was fun. You're close to a ton of things. And the kids had a blast, so I guess mission accomplished. Just don't go expecting super high-end amenities or service.

Room Tip: Smallest room will sleep 4 but the fold out...not that comfy. Pool view is much more pleasant than t...
1  Thank soliddzign
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Fortunately, we only spent one night here on our way to catch our return plane from Vegas. This place was pretty awful. Customer service was non-existent. We could not get a bellman to help with our bags or locate a cart to push our own luggage in. We had questions about computer access and no one ever came to assist us -- with a cost of $10 and no wireless, that was probably for the best. There was a charge for absolutely everything including $1/page for printing. We did not try the food but heard from others who went to the restaurant that it was terrible and we were wise to order pizza from elsewhere. The only thing good about the place was the pool and floating river (although it appeared that they wanted you to pay $5 to rent a raft for the river). I would not return here.

2  Thank nmbsquared
dloera, Manager at Tahiti Village, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2011

We are sorry you didn’t enjoy your stay with us. We are not sure what happened with bell service without more specific information. Bellman assistance is available from 6 a.m. to midnight daily. Check-ins after 12 a.m. can obtain luggage assistance from the front desk. We apologize you didn’t receive an answer to your computer access questions. We offer wired internet service in your guest room for $10 a day or wireless access to three internet hot spots in the resort for only $10 for the duration of your stay. There is a per-page charge to print in the business center, but airline boarding passes may be printed for free, also in the business center off the main lobby. We think you should have tried Tahiti Joe’s, our onsite restaurant and tiki bar. It ordinarily receives rave reviews. Thank you for mentioning our sand entry pool and Lazy River, two of our most popular amenities. Guests may bring their own raft as long as it is transparent (for safety reasons). We charge $5 to rent an inner tube. Thank you for sharing your comments. We appreciate the feedback and constructive criticism.

Reviewed 23 August 2011

We stayed here in June of 2010, I took my wife , my Son and daughter which both are grown, I also took three of my grandchildren and my Mom and of course my wife.
I have to say that the place was so nice and so awesome that me and my wife bought a timeshare there and then sold the one we owned in Branson. I do understand that some things can happen when you're away from home but I also know that some people are VERY HARD to please, and those people are the ones that give this place anything but a GREAT review, You have to be nuts to think this place is not awesome!!!
we have been to a lot of timeshares since we became owners in Branson and believe me this is one that is right at the top of the list. Plus the daily events are awesome to.
The pool is HUGE and the lazy river is so much fun, they also have a HUGE BBQ area so you can grill out.
They offer free shuttle to the grocery store two times a week and free shuttle to the strip in two places, This resort is a class act believe me. I have stayed in many and even in several that were suppose to be hoottsy tootsy places and this beats them all.
I sugest staying here anytime and we are heading there again tomorrow. Can't wait.
we are owners here now and this will be the first time we have stayed as owners, I will give feedback on this trip when we return. I think you should give this place a try and especially if you have kids they would love it but If you do have a problem then go to the Manager and let know and I know they will help you get it taken care of.
Will check back when we get back.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family