“W Edward”
Review of Tahiti Village

Tahiti Village
Ranked #34 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Outstanding resort. Location is perfect. You can walk over to an outlet mall and eateries. There is also a new town village shopping mall nearby also. Then a shuttle bus takes into the Vegas strip and picks you up. The resort is quite and has really nice pools. The staff is excellent. I look forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
drenzi, Manager at Tahiti Village, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thank you for sharing this complimentary review of your stay at Tahiti Village. We are glad our location was perfect and our staff excellent. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,884)

Reviewed 15 October 2013

The hotel was great. Equipment Bora Bora apartment is great. In the room was no key of the safe, I notified that on second day. Until the departure none come to fix it. The Hotel has my agency payed over Boocking.com (the whole ammount). When we where leaving the Hotel I was assured that everything is payed. After arriving home, I found the burden on my credit card for the amount of $ 50. After several messages I was replied that I was charged for the rest of our accommodation. My agency assured me that thay should not charge me nothing, Now, thay do not respond me or my agency anymore.

Room Tip: Bora Bora suit in the 4.th flore, with view on strip...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank matejka j

Thank you for staying at Tahiti Village. We are glad you enjoyed our accommodations. We apologize for the issue you are experiencing with the additional charge. We would like to further discuss and have sent you an email with the contact information of our front office manager. Thank you.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

When I first booked Tahiti Village people asked 'Where is that?' a lot. Because it is off the Strip. On purpose I booked it for that reason; no on location gambling. It is absolutely beautiful! Just like I would have imagined a paradise in the middle of a city. Big, but easily walkable and clean. Lots of landscaping, trees, exotic plants (fake and real); the rooms are not too small, just right for 4 people. A Denny's, open 24 hours is on the same property with Tahiti Joe's on the second level, opens at 4 for the quiet party crowd. Concierge service and the check in & out was super fast. Only down side was no housekeeping (even though I paid $40 - it was refunded when I asked what was I getting for the fee), there was no shuttle from the airport (a cab cost less than $15, including tip) and there was a scented perfume pumped into the lobby that was extremely strong. I would go back in a minute, loved it.

Room Tip: Don't know how to pick a better room, ours was excellent on the 6th floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Tahiti Village. We are happy you found our resort absolutely beautiful. We appreciate your generous compliments about our accommodations and staff. Your feedback will help in ensuring a pleasant stay for all guests. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here as friends were having their wedding reception/dance here. We loved this place. It is similar to a high end all inclusive resort in Mexico as far as the pool/lazy river/hot tubs/mini beach go. Close to but not on the strip, but free shuttle to two destinations on the strip every 1/2 hour. Great place for kids in warm weather and to get away from the smoke and sound of slots, and other undesirables found on the strip. We had a standard room (I believe all rooms are suites at this resort) and it was large, clean and had a very comfortable king size bed. One of the few hotels in Vegas where a "resort fee" is actually worth the money. Would definitely stay stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

We are thrilled you loved your stay at Tahiti Village. We are glad you enjoyed our off-Strip location and amenities. We are happy your room was comfortable, clean and spacious. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Tahiti village is a great place to stay, the staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious and clean, could do with a bit more lighting in the rooms though, the pool and lazy river are great, the shuttle bus service is brilliant . Next time we come to vegas we will stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing this complimentary review about your stay at Tahiti Village. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We originally toured this place when it was brand new as part of a timeshare presentation. It was beautiful!!! We stayed here with our two kids on the last night of our family vacation this year. It has really went downhill.

Our room was missing the coffee pot, hair dryer, etc... It was clean, but it needed some updating and some touching up. The walls are fairly thin, and we could here commotion in the hallway late at night.

The elevators are SLOW...and don't think for a second that you'll receive any courtesy from the housekeeping employees. We encountered two elevators in a row full of employees of the resort. They just kind of shrugged their shoulders and closed the door, moving on without us.

The pool was HOT! It was 115 degrees outside, and we were REALLY looking forward to the pool. YUCK! It was HOT and cloudy. The lazy river was cooler, but let's just say we all needed to shower immediately after returning to our rooms. Even the kids were disappointed in the pool, and that's really saying something!!

All in all we just weren't made to feel particularly welcome or comfortable. It was ok. There are SO many better options in the area. We wouldn't return.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
drenzi, Manager at Tahiti Village, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thank you for visiting Tahiti Village. We regret we did not meet your expectations. Please accept our apology for the missing room items. With a call to our front desk we will promptly and happily replace them. We are sorry to learn about your elevator difficulty with our housekeeping staff. We can assure you this is not typical of our employees, who are eager to say hello, hold open a door or make room on an elevator. We are sorry this was not your experience.

The issue with the pool temperature was an anomaly. Your visit earlier this summer coincided with a heat wave that sent air temperatures soaring to nearly 120 degrees for more than a week, and caused our water temperature to rise about 15 degrees from its normal and refreshing 82. We did our best to mitigate the increase, going so far as to fill the pool with hundreds of ice blocks. We apologize for the inconvenience. We regret you weren’t made to feel welcome or comfortable. We would like to learn more about your visit and invite you to call us at 800-775-8463. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I've been to Las Vegas many times and driven past Tahiti Village on most of those trips. I finally decided to stay on my recent trip in over Labor Day week. I expected the typical timeshare stay - nice enough, but pushy sales tactics and phone calls.
I was pleasantly surprised. I booked a one-bedroom unit for less than a full week using RCI points. When I walked into my unit, I was pleased with what I found. The unit have everything I needed and lots of space. All of the employees I came in contact with during my stay were helpful and friendly and I found the place to be very secure. All doors and gates that were supposed to be locked were at all times. My room key was a bit touchy every now and then, but I never found myself unable to get in. I never was approached by anyone looking to sell me anything during my stay.
Parking close by was usually a joke, but the overflow lot was not far away, so it was not a problem. I read a review that said studio units did not have washers & dryers, but my unit did and they worked great!
While Tahiti Village is a few miles from the center of the action on the Strip, it's VERY close to a lot of good places to eat to the South of the strip. I really liked the location.
On a trip to Vegas where I will rent a car, I would not hesitate to stay at Tahiti Village again. And I liked the tropical pina colada smell that wafted through the lobby, too! ;-)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Mailgirl

We are happy you were pleasantly surprised by your stay at Tahiti Village. We are glad our accommodations were spacious and well equipped. We are pleased to know each staff member you encountered was friendly and helpful. We appreciate your feedback, and are thrilled you would not hesitate to return. We hope to see you soon!