“Island time in Vegas”

Ranked #35 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Lompoc, California
“Island time in Vegas”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This resort is very family friendly. We took our grandkids for their spring break.
The lazy river was a big hit. The six year old had trouble getting out (there are small side areas with steps to enter and exit the pool).
The main pool had a sandy beach, a volleyball court, a couple of shallow areas with lounge chairs and a large swimming section, each with their own corner of the pool.
The hot tubs were usually full of kids and sand from the sandy beach which was close. There is an adult only hot tub but not in the family pool area.
The pool service was good. Excellent food and drinks.
There is a spa but we didn't get to check it out. The exercise room looked good and well equipped although we didn't get to use it as we traveled with children.
There were activities for the kids which we did a few of. The kids enjoyed the activity center for air hockey, billiards and board games also.
We inquired into child care and were given a brochure of an outside provider but the prices were out of our range (I think it was like $28. an hour with a 4 hour minimum).
There was a shuttle that goes to various places and was convenient. They had a few grocery store runs, shopping center, Fremont street and a regular shuttle that runs to and from the strip.
Now, the down side. We were in the number 1 tower and our room was right at palm tree level so we had palm fonds on our patio and no view. It was a bit dark in our room due to the trees. Our washer stopped during the cycle but would restart manually. Dryer didn't work. The toilet plugged up one morning and we had to call twice to get someone to bring a plunger. I know, it sounds like one of those families, but we aren't.
We went to the Denny's on site and had to wait to be seated even though there were many empty tables. The food took so long I though the kids would go crazy. The other restaurant was closed for remodeling or something. The in room kitchen was good although there was only one frying pan.
Overall it was a good trip and I would go there again but I would definitely try to get into tower 5.

Room Tip: Ask for Tower 5
2 Thank HappyKathy805
drenzi, Manager at Tahiti Village, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for reviewing your stay at Tahiti Village. We are glad you found our resort very family friendly, and that our Lazy River was a big hit among your grandchildren. We are happy you were impressed with our pool service and cuisine, along with our daily activities. We are delighted our complimentary shuttle service to the Strip was a convenience. We appreciate the feedback you have provided, and will certainly be looking further into your concerns. We hope to have you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (804)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed here recently with my friend who had come down with siblings who have kids, and it was a really fun place. The 2 pools (one larger with a kid's "sandy beach" and one "lazy river ride" were well received by everyone. The South outlets (which are getting better and better stores every time I visit Las Vegas) are a short walk away, as is the McCarran car rental outlet, in case you want to rent a car.
There's a free shuttle that takes you to New York New York and The Mirage, so getting to other areas of the strip is easy, should you want to take in meals, shopping or shows.
The rooms are clean and well stocked for meals in (every suite has a kitchen or kitchenette), and the lobby has a small shop called the Wiki Wiki, in case you forgot toiletries or need snacks or coffee.

Room Tip: Of course, facing the pool is the preferred view, but we faced the parking lot and it was quiet enou...
1 Thank Sayla
drenzi, Manager at Tahiti Village, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for staying at Tahiti Village. We are happy you enjoyed our pool area and off-Strip location. We are glad our accommodations were clean and well equipped and hope to have you back soon!
Peoria, Arizona
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Lets begin with location. On Las Vegas strip, but not near the good stuff. This timeshare resort is about three miles South of the Mandaly Bay Casino. Not quite walking distance, but it is close.

Resort offers a shuttle to and from the strip, but is on a strict time schedule and does not run very late. Miss the last one and plan on an expensive cab ride back to the resort.

Two restaurants on site. I did not frequent them so I have nothing to report. One of them is a Denny's so take that for what it is. Rooms are basic. Nothing special here. Our room had a great view of a dirt parking lot, but I don't go to Vegas for a great view. Room amenities were nice and my floor had and exercise room that was nicely equipt. An activities center was available for the kids and had a staff member there to help out.

Pool was very nice. This is a family resort so expect kids to be running and jumping all day. The lazy river was under remodel so I cannot report.

Small store was being remodeled and had a nice variety of items. I expect it to be very nice when completed. Staff was excellent and always offered to help.

I only stayed 4 days, but would return for and extended stay in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank toekneem
drenzi, Manager at Tahiti Village, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
We are delighted your stay at Tahiti Village exceeded your expectations. We are happy you were pleased with our condo-style accommodations, and that you found our fitness center well equipped. We are thrilled our staff was excellent and always offered to help. We look forward to welcoming you back for an extended visit!
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed at the Tahiti for just 2 nights after a longer road trip to Salt Lake. Having stayed at the Golden Nugget in downtown vegas which was packed, cold pool and generally disappointing just the night before, we wanted to end our holiday with a couple of chilled days by a pool before flying home and was so happy to pick the Tahiti! The hotel is impressive from arrival, staff were friendly at check inn and the pool area looked amazing we just wanted to jump straight in the pool! The Bora Bora room was great - clean and spacious enough for us and our 2 boys who slept in the front room on the sofa bed - great size! Free wifi too which was a great bonus to get onto Facebook and post all our holiday pics!

We spent a couple of days by the pool which is gorgeous and the lazy river is great! We walked less than 10mins to the outlet mall and did some shopping and used the free shuttle bus down to the strip for the 2 evenings which was great :) Only 2 drop off points which was fine for what we were doing but coming back I'd suggest getting the bus from NY NY and NOT Mirage as that is the 2nd stop and both nights the bus was full by this point…. having said that the driver was great and called for extra buses to come and collect the rest of the guests - he was great! It's a way from the strip but that's exactly why I liked it and was happy to take the shuttle bus to explore the strip - but be away from it the rest of the time.

We didn't use Tahiti Joes but we did buy a giant piece of carrot cake from the little counter in the hotel foyer and that was GOOD!! We caught a taxi easily back to the airport for around $25 including tip but worth it given how many bags we had!

Would definitly recommend this place and plan on coming back asap! I'd fly to Vegas from the UK just to spend a week by the pool!! Loved it :)

1 Thank Cathy M
drenzi, Manager at Tahiti Village, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your generous review. We are thrilled we could earn your highest rating. It is wonderful that you were impressed by our resort from the moment you arrived. We are happy our staff was friendly, and that our pool area looked amazing. We are glad our accommodations were clean and spacious, and that you enjoyed our complimentary Wi-Fi service. We appreciate your kind remarks, along with the feedback you have provided. We hope you will consider returning soon!
Draper, Utah
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed here 5 years ago and felt then it was a great value for the product. Still feel that way. We are not owners here. Rooms are well appointed and kept clean. Beds are not super comfortable and pillows are horrible. Linens are old and not very cozy. We spent most of our time around the lazy river pool. It was very relaxing. However, they nickle and dime you to death here. You can't take drinks into the gated pool areas, you can't take snacks into the gated pool area, you have to purchase through the resort and they are expensive! There are 2 different picnic/barbeque area options,they fill up quickly. Grounds are beautiful. Service is good not great. Location, you are within walking distance to shopping and dining. Shuttle service is available to the Strip. You are away from the gambling, smoke, and craziness of the strip,which we like.

Room Tip: We stayed in building 5, building 2 is more centrally located and more accessible. Bora Bora rooms o...
drenzi, Manager at Tahiti Village, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for reviewing your stay at Tahiti Village. We are happy you found our accommodations clean and well appointed, and our pool area relaxing. We are glad our off-Strip location was a welcomed convenience. We appreciate the feedback you have shared, which will serve to ensure a pleasant stay for all guests. We hope you will consider returning soon!
Buckley
Reviewed 19 April 2014

About six months ago, we stayed in Tower 5 at Tahiti Village loved it so much we visited again. This time we were on the first floor of Tower 1. What a difference. The unit is badly in need of refurbishing. Carpets had spots and needed cleaning. Furniture throughout was beyond "well used". I will admit that the bed was comfortable and the bathroom clean.

The kitchen wood floor was really dirty - looked like it had not been cleaned in years. The kitchen counters felt like they had been wiped with a dirty rag they were so sticky and I had to clean them before I would even use the kitchen. The refrigerator worked well, but the exterior had lots of dents. The microwave door did not close properly (the hinge had been damaged) and even though it did work, it took a extra attention to make sure the door latched and stayed latched. I tried only 2 burners on the stove top - only one heated up enough to cook on. The fully stocked kitchen had only one fry pan without a lid and a small saucepan to small to cook anything in. It was stocked with all the other utensils and dishes I needed. Worst of all was the dishwasher - even when empty or full of recently washed dishes, it smell so bad that the whole kitchen would smell after the the dishwasher was opened.

Two mornings I requested a wake up call and did not get one either time. After the first time, I complained at the front desk and they assured me the system was fixed and I would get the call the next morning. I was particularly concerned because I had to catch a flight, so I did have a backup alarm set. It was a good thing because I didn't get the call the 2nd time.

If my introduction to Tahiti Village had been a stay in Tower 1, I would never go back. However, my first stay was in Tower 5 and the good memories linger so I will probably go back again. But, in the future, I will specifically request Tower 5.

Room Tip: Request Tower 5. DO NOT stay in Tower 1.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank JudyBuckley
drenzi, Manager at Tahiti Village, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you for returning to Tahiti Village. We regret we were unable to duplicate the wonderful experience you enjoyed on your first visit. The housekeeping issues you describe fall well below our standard, and we are sorry your guest suite was released to you in such condition. We appreciate your pointing out the operational difficulties you had with the microwave and stove, and we will conduct a thorough investigation to locate the source of the dishwasher issue. Please accept our apology for not following through on your morning wakeup. This is a basic request we should have easily fulfilled. We appreciate your feedback and are happy you will give us another opportunity to make a better impression.
Graham, Washington
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Just arrived home from a 5 night stay here and were pleased with our experience. The pool was wonderful - we spent a majority of our time there. Our boys loved the sand and volleyball net there. The room was clean and suited our needs. It was handy to have the kitchenette to prepare quick/easy meals for breakfast and lunch. Our one room complaint is that the walls are not sound-proofed well. We had the pleasure of listening to our neighbor snore all 5 nights. I was also disappointed in the rude/testy treatment I was given at the concierge desk when I inquired about show tickets but explained that I did not want to sit through a timeshare sales pitch. The older woman who was 'helping' me was not pleased with my response and didn't hide it.

Despite those couple of minor complaints, we would return here on another stay in Vegas.

1 Thank Sara D
drenzi, Manager at Tahiti Village, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Tahiti Village. We are delighted you enjoyed our pool area, and that our accommodations suited your needs. We are committed to the highest standards of customer service, and regret to learn this was not in line with your experience especially where the concierge is concerned. We appreciate all of your feedback and hope to see you soon!