This was our first trip to Las Vegas and we knew that we did not want to stay on the strip so we used our timeshare exchange to stay here. Our check-in went smoothly but I was disgusted that we had to go over to the concierge for a parking pass. Of course this is where they push you to go on a sales tour of the facility for tickets to a show or something like that. I am on vacation and already own a timeshare, I am not interested in spending 2 hours wasting my time listening about this resort.
As stated in other reviews the Moorea units are smaller but quite adequate for the two of us. There was plenty of room to move around, a large bathroom, nice sized living/eating area, and a bedroom with king sized bed, decent TV, and a large closet, but no laundry in the unit or balcony/patio. The decor and furnishings were up-to-date and everything was very clean. We stayed in Tower 1, with parking directly outside of our building. There was easy access to our unit from the parking lot with adjacent overflow parking if needed. Our unit faced the Strip and was enjoyable at night, (during the day you could see the empty lot next to the complex).
I especially enjoyed the interior of the resort as it looked like a tropical island with plush plants, a large pool with a beach area, plenty of lounge chairs and tables with umbrellas, and a private hot tub for adults only. There was also a lazy river that looked enjoyable although while we were there it was being renovated.
Tahiti Village is located next door to the Outlet Mall and you can easily walk over there for shopping or to grab a meal. The resort also offers a shuttle service to the strip that leaves on the hour and half hour which was great. My husband took our rental car to the golf course and I was still able to be out and about. We also used the shuttle at night to go to a couple of shows and/or dinner. It saved on the headache of finding parking and paying for it. The biggest problem with the shuttle was at night (between 9 & 11 pm) when people were trying to get back to the resort. We waited through two shuttles and then grabbed a taxi one night because the shuttles were full. Hint: to be sure you get a seat get on board the shuttle at New York, New York.
I talked to the concierge about show availability but found tickets cheaper online. They did give us some good info about various places to visit outside of town - Hoover Dam, Death Valley, etc. although they had tours available we decided to drive out on our own so that we weren't tied to a particular schedule.
All-in-all this was a great location for us and we will definitely try to stay here the next time we're in Vegas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tahiti Village Resort & Spa includes three multi-unit residential towers framing a lushly landscaped courtyard with a sand- entry pool, two hot tubs (one exclusively for adults), and a relaxing lazy river. Spacious guest suites range from 580 square feet to more than 1,500 square feet and offer numerous amenities. Among these are private bedrooms in every unit and full kitchens in select suites. Tahiti Village has daily activities for the entire family, a weekly summer luau, an onsite bar and bistro (17° South Booze & Bites, a full-service spa (Mahana Spa), two separate barbecue facilities, a 24-hour fitness center, and a laundry facility. A complimentary Strip shuttle operates daily and makes stops at the top and bottom of the hour at two hotel-casinos. There is also shuttle service to downtown Las Vegas, a bus tour to Red Rock Canyon, and a supermarket shuttle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Agoda, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Tahiti Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tahiti Village Vegas
- Tahiti Village Las Vegas Nv
- Tahiti Village Hotel Las Vegas
- Tahitti Village
- Tahiti Village Resort Las Vegas
- Tahitian Village Las Vegas