“A great place to stay off the Strip.”
Review of Tahiti Village

Tahiti Village
Ranked #36 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Goshen, Indiana
“A great place to stay off the Strip.”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This was our first trip to Las Vegas and we knew that we did not want to stay on the strip so we used our timeshare exchange to stay here. Our check-in went smoothly but I was disgusted that we had to go over to the concierge for a parking pass. Of course this is where they push you to go on a sales tour of the facility for tickets to a show or something like that. I am on vacation and already own a timeshare, I am not interested in spending 2 hours wasting my time listening about this resort.
As stated in other reviews the Moorea units are smaller but quite adequate for the two of us. There was plenty of room to move around, a large bathroom, nice sized living/eating area, and a bedroom with king sized bed, decent TV, and a large closet, but no laundry in the unit or balcony/patio. The decor and furnishings were up-to-date and everything was very clean. We stayed in Tower 1, with parking directly outside of our building. There was easy access to our unit from the parking lot with adjacent overflow parking if needed. Our unit faced the Strip and was enjoyable at night, (during the day you could see the empty lot next to the complex).
I especially enjoyed the interior of the resort as it looked like a tropical island with plush plants, a large pool with a beach area, plenty of lounge chairs and tables with umbrellas, and a private hot tub for adults only. There was also a lazy river that looked enjoyable although while we were there it was being renovated.
Tahiti Village is located next door to the Outlet Mall and you can easily walk over there for shopping or to grab a meal. The resort also offers a shuttle service to the strip that leaves on the hour and half hour which was great. My husband took our rental car to the golf course and I was still able to be out and about. We also used the shuttle at night to go to a couple of shows and/or dinner. It saved on the headache of finding parking and paying for it. The biggest problem with the shuttle was at night (between 9 & 11 pm) when people were trying to get back to the resort. We waited through two shuttles and then grabbed a taxi one night because the shuttles were full. Hint: to be sure you get a seat get on board the shuttle at New York, New York.
I talked to the concierge about show availability but found tickets cheaper online. They did give us some good info about various places to visit outside of town - Hoover Dam, Death Valley, etc. although they had tours available we decided to drive out on our own so that we weren't tied to a particular schedule.
All-in-all this was a great location for us and we will definitely try to stay here the next time we're in Vegas.

Room Tip: Bora Bora rooms are larger, have a full kitchen, and patio/balcony. The Moorea rooms are smaller, h...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ConvertibleWoman
drenzi, Manager at Tahiti Village, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for choosing Tahiti Village Resort for your first trip to Las Vegas. We are glad that check-in went smoothly, and that our accommodations were spacious and clean. We are happy you enjoyed the view of the Strip and our resort's tropical charm. We appreciate your compliments about our pool area and complimentary shuttle service, along with the feedback you have provided. Your comments will help to ensure a pleasant experience for all guests. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Las Vegas!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (807)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Denver, United States
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Tahiti Villiage is a great family resort, about 5-10 minutes off the strip. We used our RCI timeshare exchange. We stayed in the 1 bedroom unit (smaller with a partial kitchen) and had plenty of room and was a well furnished unit, however, the larger 1 bedroom has a full kitchen and jacuzzi tub (which I would recommend). The units were upgraded, clean and well furnished.
The resort was beautiful and fun for the whole family. The resort had a terrific pool with a beach area, a volleyball area, several tanning areas, and a large swim/play area. There was also a large lazy river with several waterfalls and free tubes to float on. Additionally, there were two hot tubs. The pool areas had lots of chairs, umbrellas for shade, and pool side bars. There was music playing at the pools which made it fun. We spent hours every day at the pool areas and had a great time.
The resort also had a BBQ area and a restaurant. We ate at the restaurant which had good food, good service and reasonable prices.
The resort also offered free shuttle services, every 30 minutes, to the Las Vegas strip which made it easy to go shopping, out to dinner, gambling, or to a show. They also had activities for kids through out the day, a work out room, a game room (free air hockey, pool, etc) and a nice spa.
The staff was friendly and welcoming. Our check-in took minutes and then we were assisted in bringing our luggage to our room. Staff were helpful with any questions and needs.

Room Tip: There are 1 bedrooms with a full kitchen, 1 bedrooms with a partial kitchen and 2 bedroom units whic...
2 Thank Sarah W
drenzi, Manager at Tahiti Village, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for your review and generous remarks. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your vacation at Tahiti Village, and that you were also pleasantly surprised by our dedication to high quality and customer service. We are pleased that our amenities and activities exceeded your expectations, and hope you come back soon!
NJ
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Short review: Tahiti Village is an excellent resort. Book a larger (Bora Bora) room with full kitchen--not the smaller (Moorea) room with only a partial kitchen--and you won't regret it.

Long review: This was our first trip to Las Vegas and we were thrilled with our stay at Tahiti Village. Before I get to all the good stuff, I'd like to point out a few minor things that we weren't happy about:

1) Our room wasn't ready at the 4:00 Saturday afternoon check-in time. The reception desk employee took our cell phone number and called us around 5:00pm telling us the room was now ready.

2) The shower head is on the low side. I'm about 6 feet tall and the shower head came up to my nose, so I had to scrunch down every time I wanted to shampoo my hair when I took a shower.

3) We stayed in Tower 5 and parked in the parking garage. Though it kept the car cool from the sun, the walk to the room would take a few minutes and bringing in groceries was problematic when you combined the fairly long walk with the lack of available carts to help you transport groceries (or luggage) from the garage.

4) Some of the artificial floral arrangements in the room are very large and take up lots of table space. We kept having to move them out of the way.

Those were really the only "bad" things we have to say about the place. Here's a list of the good things:

1) Though our room wasn't ready at the designated check-in time, they made up for it by honoring our request for a room overlooking the lazy river. We enjoyed the great view for the entire week.

2) The parking garage, though a relatively long walk (a few minutes from the room, including the elevator ride), had plenty of parking spots available and, as already mentioned, kept our rental car nice and cool.

3) The pools. We went in the main pool for one of our first days, but for most of our stay we spent time in the lazy river, which offered 5 water features where you could get wet (or not, steering around them isn't very difficult). And there is no charge for using the tubes at the lazy river.

4) The room. We stayed in the Bora Bora unit: 2 parents in the bed, 2 kids (ages 12 and 8) on the pull-out couch. It worked out fine for us. Bed was very comfy, which is good since many times when we travel I find the beds too soft which gives me backaches the next morning.

5) Housekeeping. When we needed a few extra towels or toiletries (soap, shampoo), someone from Housekeeping was there within 20-30 minutes. They also took care of a toilet that got backed up during our stay. Nothing but high marks.

6) Location. Getting to places on The Strip took only 10 minutes or so. The excellent thing about Tahiti Village's location is that you can see it from the airport's car rental building (so finding it is EASY) and that it's very close to Rt. 15 and Rt 215, both of which get you around the area very easily.

7) Discounts! The week before our trip I received an e-mail from the resort that included a 25% off coupon for Miller's Ale House (located in the nearby Town Square complex), which was nothing short of excellent. I printed a couple of 25% off coupons so we went there twice and the coupon took 25% off EVERYTHING on our bill. Upon checking in, we also got a welcome package that included a coupon for the Eiffel Tower Experience. We used it at night and all four of us paid $32 total to visit the observation deck. It was a great deal.

8. No timeshare pitches. We were here on an exchange and weren't interested in a timeshare presentation. When we obtained our parking pass the rep mentioned that he could offer a FREE Sunday night luau for the four of us in exchange for attending a presentation, but once we declined his offer we were not bothered at all for the rest of the week. And we appreciated it.

9) Management cares! All reviews of this resort on TripAdvisor receive a sincere comment from the resort's management. I appreciate them taking the time to do so. It tells me they care what their guests have to say.

I'm sure I could go on and on, but I think if you've read this far you already get the point: Tahiti Village is a great place to book a vacation. Lots of families, but there were older couples (empty nesters) and younger couples as well. And though it's situated away from the hustle and bustle of the action that lies north a few miles on Las Vegas Blvd., getting to the action there is a very quick ride. We didn't gamble at all during our trip yet found plenty of entertainment for a family with younger children.

I would not hesitate to recommend Tahiti Village to anyone contemplating a visit to Las Vegas. We hope to return again some time. Thanks for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the view of the lazy river from our 5th floor room in Tower 5. However, it is a relative...
3 Thank Rotsiefan
drenzi, Manager at Tahiti Village, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Wow! Thank you so much for sharing your generous compliments about Tahiti Village. We are thrilled our staff helped make your stay above and beyond outstanding. We are glad that you could experience the variety of things to see and do together with your family, and also appreciate your kind remarks regarding our accommodations and amenities as well as your feedback. We are delighted we could justify your exchange and hope you will consider us again.
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I also called Tahiti Village Resort reservations about the "40% off Summer Sale" and I too was told that I would save 10 % off each night of our 4 night stay and that 4 nights X 10% is how you saved 40%.. Maybe you should have a word with your reservations staff because "juliesfam4" 's review is correct that is how your reservations staff explained the sale.
So in fact there were no erroneous claims made by the reviewer because I am sure there are other people that were told the same thing, and this methodology may be consistent with how some other hotels advertise.but I have not come across any of them as of yet and if I do I will be sure to not stay there either!

I also find it a little bit strange that the "40% Off Summer Sale" that was on The Tahiti Village Resort web page is not on there any longer .........hmmmm. !

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank JMS212
drenzi, Manager at Tahiti Village, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for any misinformation you received from our representative, who appears to have undersold the true 40-percent per-night savings on our original Summer Sale. We have added some additional information in the text of our specials to help clarify the exact savings. We are glad you noticed that our Summer Sale changed from a four-night minimum with 40 percent off to a three-night minimum with 25 percent off. We can assure you the change is not connected with your comment questioning our motives. It is because our guests were looking for a shorter stay option that we replaced it with a three-night 25-percent off Summer Sale. That’s 25 percent off our Best Available Rate per night for three nights. However, given the recent interest in our four-night 40-percent Summer Sale, we have now restored it for a very limited time. That's 40 percent off per night for four nights. Thank you once again for your feedback. We hope this clarifies your concerns.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I decided on this hotel because I was looking for a place outside the strip. I have to say, I was extremely disappointed with my stay.

1. Upon check-in, the line was very long with only 2 employees working. On the other side, there were 4 employees at concierge doing nothing. To top it off, there was a strong smell of cleaning agent that overpowered the lobby. After a 4.5 hour drive, we just wanted to rest.

2. When we finally arrived at our suite, we noticed a leak in the bathroom that soaked the hallway carpeting. I was told to go back to the lobby to request another room. So, I got back in line again to switch rooms. We then had to pack up our luggage to move to another suite. By the way, we received no apologies for the inconvenience.

3. That evening, we requested additional blankets and when I called housekeeping, there was no answer. I ended up calling the front desk 3 times before someone finally showed up... 30 minutes later! Once again, no apologies.

4. The following day, we left and returned to a room that was not cleaned. Is it just me or is this the only hotel I've stayed that do not offer daily cleaning service.

This was the first time we stayed at this hotel and needless to say, I would not recommend this hotel nor stay here again.

3 Thank FourOnVacation
drenzi, Manager at Tahiti Village, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for your visit. Please accept our sincere apologies for the challenges you experienced. The issues you describe are not indicative of our typically prompt service standards. We are also sorry for the bathroom leak that necessitated a unit change. We know what it’s like when all you want to do is relax after a long drive and apologize for the inconvenience. As a timeshare resort, we offer a midweek cleaning on weeklong stays. This is in deference to our timeshare owners, who are often here for a week at a time and do not want the intrusion of a daily housekeeping visit. We do offer daily cleanings for a fee, and are always happy to replenish any items you may require. Thank you once again for your visit. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will reconsider your decision to stay with us again.
Clifton, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I have been an owner at Tahiti Village for 10 years. This is the first time I actually stayed at the resort. The unit I was assigned to was in tower 1 and was dated and worn. The hallways were always strewn with garbage and for the entirety of our stay, did not appear to have been vacuumed. The same errant items remained in the same place for days. The staff was accommodating and I guess I should have stated my dissatisfaction with the room but I did not. That was my downfall.

I would only stay here again if I don't trade my week and attend a trade show next year. Ask for the new tower, I will next time.

Room Tip: Ask for the new tower
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank arandomheart
drenzi, Manager at Tahiti Village, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for your ownership. We regret your first visit with us fell short of expectations. It is especially disappointing to learn of the housekeeping issues in the hallway. We assign staff to monitor interior common areas for trash and dispose of it immediately. We are sorry you were subjected to the sight of garbage for the duration of your stay. You’ll be happy to know we are presently discussing room renovations. Thank you once again for your ownership. We appreciate your feedback and will work diligently to make a more favorable impression on your next visit.
Great Falls, Montana
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The staff of the property was amazing. The property was awesome. The lazy river is a blast. The rooms area immaculate and the parking is good. They offer many shuttles to the strip and the drivers a charming.
This is one of the better property's in Vegas for the price point. I would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
drenzi, Manager at Tahiti Village, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for reviewing your stay at Tahiti Village. We appreciate your generous feedback regarding our accommodations, amenities and staff. We hope to welcome you back soon!