“Worst Meal Ever!!!”

Pampas Brazilian Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Pampas Brazilian Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #658 of 4,794 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Price range: US$15 - US$53
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Brazilian, South American
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Harmon
Description: Pampas Brazilian Grille is Las Vegas’ original Strip Churrascaria featuring steak, seafood and the ultimate dining experience! We celebrate the amazing rodizio style of service, where an endless parade of Brazilian meats are brought and carved directly at your table-side. Our variety doesn't end there. You will also enjoy limitless servings from our fresh sides and salads bar, featuring over 50 hot and cold items. We are the perfect restaurant for you; come visit us, sit back, relax and enjoy a lavish dining experience!
Covina
“Worst Meal Ever!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

One of the worst meals ever! I have been to many great Brazilian barbeque restaurants including M Grill in Los Angeles and Fogo de Chao and this place is terrible. They flat out don't bring you any meat and when you ask for the expensive meat they just don't bring it to your table. When they do bring you meat you wish they didn't bother since it was either overcooked, undercooked or just chewy.

The service was even worse than the food. I asked for tri tip three times before they brought me some charred meat that looked and tasted like charcoal. I asked for a glass of water 2 times and had to go to the bar to get it myself and they simply refused to bring you a clean plate, after asking for one 2 times I gave up.

The sad reality is they know you are a tourist and you won't be eating in Las Vegas on a regular basis so they don't care if you are happy dining at their restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Paul O
Bill D, Owner at Pampas Brazilian Grille, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
I want to sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience you had at our restaurant. Your comments are very troubling, but I want to thank you for bringing this to my attention. It is our highest priority to provide our guests with high quality and delicious food paired with the highest level of friendly and respective service for an exceptional dining experience; clearly it seems we certainly failed to do this during your visit. What you experienced is totally unacceptable and I will be addressing this with our staff. Please accept our sincere apology for this unfortunate incident and thank you for letting us know about it.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Tomball, Texas
“Was hoping for SO much more!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

First of all, our visit was not terrible but the tone was set when we were seated and waited about 10 minutes for a drink order to be taken. Our waiter came around and looked extremely disappointed that we did not order alcohol. Hey, I know it is Vegas but we did not want to drink!. after seeing his crestfallen face, I told him that as long as service was good we were great tippers. He brought back our non alky drinks and told us about the salad bar after taking the order. The cold bar was OK, I tried several different items and they were for the most part good. we waited and I explained to the boys about how the meat would come around and how to get it. We had several different kinds of meat, which tasted pretty good. I never saw the lamb or some of the other meats. While we had to wait some for meat, we had pretty good delivery on the at times. I would recommend the chicken and the tri=tip. I did not get sirloin or filet along with the lamb. During this time, my drink was dry as well as the boys, the waiter came back and said that a large table had been seated and he was sorry. I told him I understood but I still needed a refill. he seemed to pay closer attention from then on. Against better judgment, I still tipped 20%, hopefully the meat guys got a cut. They seemed (all 4-5 of them) to stay busy as possible. I did not expect as good as Fogo de Chao but did want better than what we got. I would not say it was terrible but there are too many good places to eat in Vegas.

2 Thank sleepy1492
Dayton, Ohio
“Delish!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

I enjoyed my experience at Pampas. The seating was a bit close for my liking, but I suppose they want to fit as many people as they can in there. I liked the set up they had for food, with people walking around cutting off pieces of meat for us. I had heat exhaustion, so I couldn't eat much, but they had a salad bar with tons of food such as chicken noodle soup, so that was nice. I paid extra for the seafood and wish I hadn't because it wasn't that good. It was some of the worst seafood I've ever had. Yuck! Stick with the regular meats and salad bar. The salad bar was prob my favorite. They also have a wonderful hot pineapple that they serve from the grill. All in all, I would recommend this restaurant. It was yummy!!

My take on Vegas since you can’t actually just rate a city… it was horrible. My whole experience sucked. It was dirty. I suppose my expectations for this area were too high from shows and movies, but I expected more. The Strip is SO crowded you can barely walk or even enjoy it. The show was pretty good, but that was about it. I ended up getting heat exhaustion even though I was drinking water and not much alcohol. I got violently sick, causing the trip to get even worse. I advise bringing LOTS of water with you everywhere you go and a high SPF since the sun’s rays are so intense. This is the desert, people… come prepared. If you are hot-natured like me, stay in the shade as much as possible. Find pools that have a shallow area you can sit in and relax, staying cool while still being in the sun.

Everything will cost you an arm and a leg. If you want a beer, expect to pay $8-10. Domestic. If you want a mixed drink and you’re not gambling (you get it free then), expect to pay at least $15. Getting into pools = $20-25. Getting into clubs = $20-25. If you plan on going to several of both, I advise checking out the V Pass. Plane tickets are outrageous, costing me $500 and after doing research, that was a decent price. I would spend the extra money on the shows because that was the best part of the trip. All in all, I did not like Vegas and I probably won’t go back again. If you have any questions, message me :)

• Visited May 2014
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Very disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Went in for lunch with a group of four people. The disappointment started when we arrived.
* there was a draft of a/c blowing on our table. Yes we could have asked to move.
* The salad bar was okay. Mostly heavy pasta type items.
* The seafood they brought out was probably some of the worst tasting seafood I've ever had. The crab cakes were like compressed flavorless sawdust.
* The frequency of food coming out was painfully slow and when it did come out, the skewers were either almost gone or totally out. A few times there wasn't enough to get to our table.
* The bacon around the chicken was RAW
* The sirloin was good
* The Tri-cut and the ham didn't come out until we already had enough.

Notice - there is an automatic 20% gratuity added to the bill. Lunch for 4 people (3 seafood, one just steak, one coke, one lemonade, one sangria, one water) was $154.50.

My suggestion is go ONLY if you have your heart set on that style of restaurant but if you are on-the-fence - skip it. Go see a show instead,.

1 Thank JustAGuy14
Henderson, Nevada
“Hopefully it will stay in Vegas”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

We have gone to Rodizio type restaurants in Mexico and our home town of Denver. They are higher priced, but have always been good; therefore we decided to go to the one in Las Vegas. Wow what a shocker. We decided to even up the price and do the Surf & Turf since they said it was shrimps, fish and crab legs. When we got there it started out OK even though the 1st meat was put on a plate so small you had to maneuver it to cut it. From there things started to go downhill. We had a waitress that was very attentive TILL they put a group of 20+ in a private room. I know they automatically add 20% for a tip on large groups which is a great windfall for the wait staff, but that was no excuse for a higher end restaurant to ignore the 3 tables where we were sitting and ended up talking to them since none of us got much service. I even brought it up to a Manager, who actually then did some of the service, but never addressed the problem. When the “Surf” came I asked for some hot butter for the crab legs. They brought me a PAD of butter. When I complained, they then brought me some melted butter, but it was barely warm. When the crabs came we joked with the table next to us [they also did the surf 7 turf] that we thought they could not keep crabs this small. The claws were less than ½ the size of a slice of lemon. When trying to get meat out of them, most had very little meat in them. Compared to the large crab legs that are usually sliced open that we have had all over Las Vegas, this was just a labor intensive frustration. The shrimps ranked right up there with the crab. They were good, but you have to PEEL them. We also had to ask for cocktail sauce since they did not bring it when they brought the shrimps. The ones served fresh on a plate were very good, but the ones they brought on the skewers were over cooked. Then let’s got to the meat. The 2 person tables [1/2 booths] were a little tight on space by the time you had the surf and the drinks, so when they came to serve they constantly just shoved the plates around so they could cut the meat. Most of the meat was good, but on most meats, that if you got the outside cuts, you got a month full of salt which they use very generously to help tenderize their meats. Many times we had to just sit [3 tables] waiting for someone to come by and give us another taste of meat. The Filet Mignon was usually over cooked and in some cases was hard to chew, gristle in me meat. It was also smaller cubes versus something they would cut off a real Filet Mignon. The best meat was their lamb and garlic steak. Again the lamb was great if you stayed away from the outside cut, unfortunately some of us like the crustier cuts, just not all the salt. I finally asked for a menu because I know they never brought some of the meats they advertised. I then had to ask our waitress, when she finally came back, about these meats, like tri tip, and she had someone bring it. When it did come it was COLD. How can you have a Rodizio type restaurant that cooks on a rotisserie and have cold meat? The chicken legs they advertise never could be found. We finally just forked over our $$$ and left. This was one of the few disappointments with meals in Vegas we have had in over 20 years of coming here.
Before I forget, the couple next to us ordered the 1 hour open bar. The waitress closed it at one hour, the problem was they could not find the waitress often enough to order a drink. They were not happy about spending that type of money and not getting much for it.

2 Thank El1Lobo
Bill D, Owner at Pampas Brazilian Grille, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
I want to sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience you had at our restaurant. Your comments were most troubling, but I want to unequivocally thank you for bringing this to my attention. It is our highest priority to provide our guests with high quality and delicious food paired with the highest level of friendly and respective service for an exceptional dining experience. In this instance we certainly failed to do this. What you experienced is totally unacceptable and we have already taken steps to ensure that this does not happen in our restaurant again. Please accept our sincere apology for this unfortunate incident and thank you for letting us know about it.