Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites SW Spring Valley
Ranked #142 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 14 May 2013 via mobile

In town for a quick overnight business trip. The property is right off the 215 at Rainbow so NOT close to the strip if that is what you want (I didn't). The place is pretty new and the rooms are nice. You can eat at a Sports Bar right next door, so getting your drink on is low risk. Decent free breakfast. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Cachims

Reviewed 30 April 2013

This seems like a brand new hotel. The rooms are very large and well equipped with all the ammenties: fridge, microwave, coffee maker and access. They are comfortable and feel like a studio apt.

When I first checked in on 2/19 @ 2pm the front desk staff was Very friendly and helpful as well as offered a nest little snack bag at check in.

However, upon checking out the next day I was not greeted at the door since the 2 males on staff were to busy having a discussion about a bad date. They did not offer help in the check out process or say thank you or goodbye.

The pool is seperate from the hotel and though very nice, every piece of pool furniture but 2 were broken and ripped.

There is Scooter's pub in the the shared parking lot and a great coffee house across the street: Coffee bean and Tea leaf. This hotel is approx 10 minutes from the strip and in a very easy access freeway location.

There is a Walmart about 5 blocks away and Several restaruants and gaming bars within a mile.

I use this hotel for in town guests and will use it again, but next time I will make sure I inform mgmt about the check out issue so they can have the chance to fix it.

This hotel is a great value and is in walking distance of basic needs.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Letty D
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites SW Spring Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

Dear Cocofamilyfirst,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our amenities and we are delighted to know that you liked how you were assisted during check in.

However, please accept our apologies for not being able to deliver an exemplary service upon check out. Our objective is to always provide the best guest experience, hence, I have taken note of your comments and we will address these points to improve our service.

I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Dhan M

Reviewed 25 April 2013

I chose this hotel because it was close to where I had to go, a $25 discount code, and the decent TA reviews (the only negative reviews mentioned poor A/C).

I booked on the ihc website and the transaction was immediately processed without asking for my discount code as it usually would. Asking customer service to assist with applying the discount seemed to completely stump them...so no discount applied.

Hotel was NOT busy. my room had an old-fangled big racketty a/c unit that blew HOT air despite following all directions and turning it all the way down to 60 degrees. The front desk kid came up to check it out (apparently he does it all - he probably would have delivered my food, and unclogged my toilet as well), and assured me "oh its working, it's blowing cool - just give it some time...wait for the sun to go down..."). WTH, am I in a tent in Siberia??

An hour later I had to request another room with a working A/C unit. I got to pack right back up , go downstairs, to be re-assigned a room right in front of the elevator.

At least this time the A/C worked.

Decent comp breakfast bar.

Room Tip: Stay here if A/C is not an issue.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank ediejay
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites SW Spring Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Dear ediejay,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding breakfast.

However, We’re sorry about the poor air conditioning. We will address this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

Stayed here 4 times in 4 years. The sign in the bathrooms says if your stay is not as promised you won't pay for that portion. We were told the h2o would be off from 1000 am to 6 pm for maintenance. I worked longer on purpose so as to have h2o upon return. Ended up no hot water till 3 the next am. Contacted Mark the manager several times for compensation for one night. STATED he would comp the night but never did. PAY THE FULL PRICE I guess hot water is extra. Lots of other choices in Vegas that keep their promise. They will now get my $$$'s.

Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank J J A
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites SW Spring Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Dear J J A,

Thank you for your feedback of our property. It is regrettable that you were not satisfied with the service received. I have sent you a private message to obtain more details about your stay.

Pam G.

Reviewed 23 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed here twice in two weeks, fit the bill perfectly Found the rooms clean and quiet note airport shuttle only runs M-F show your room card and receive 15% off at restaurant beside hotel staff freindly and helpfull Enjoy!!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank rgill62
Reviewed 16 March 2013

You have to realise one thing up front. This is primarily a low cost business hotel some distance from pretty much anywhere. It's at least a 15 minute drive to the strip and major attractions and isn't particularly family friendly

So saying, I was there for 9 days and did see a few families with young children staying there so it can't be that bad. The hotel does have a small pool, but when I was there in February it was closed and to be fair at that time of the year wouldn't want to swim in it anyway

A fairly relaxed place miles from anywhere but there is a bar/burger joint in the car park that has a really good range of beers for dad's and a 7-11 within five minutes walk for ice creams, sandwiches and the odd case of beer

Rooms are comfortable, clean and well maintained. This being the US they are also a lot larger than the European equivalents - you can expect a fridge, microwave and Cable TV as standard
They even throw in a free (mass produced) breakfast which at times can be really handy

My only criticisms are that
a) it's nowhere near anything. You really need a car to get around as cabs are expensive and public transport doesn't exist - there are restaraunts and bars a ten minute drive away, a Dunkin Donuts and Subway if you feel suicidal and try to cross the six lane road

b) It's 100% non smoking. Most reception staff don't mind you nipping out at night for a pre-bedtime cigarette but some of the younger staff look at you as if you'd crawled out of a sewer

It is what it is - not outstandingly bad and not outstandingly good either. A quiet place to stay, not too expensive and reasonable accommodation

As an American cheapie hotel it's actually pretty nice - shame Holiday Inns in the UK aren't this good

Room Tip: Don't pick the ground floor Also 100% non smoking
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Brian C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites SW Spring Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Dear Brian C,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience in the hotel. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. It is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I sincerely apologize for falling below your expectations in some areas. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Lera P

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Stayed here while in town on business and had a pleasant stay. Good location - took a cab from the airport and that cost $30, which met my expectations. There is a sports pub directly next door with decent food so you're covered there. Everything else is what you'd expect in a HI Express. Standard breakfast options, friendly staff, clean, etc etc. I'd stay here again if I was in town and didn't have a need to be on the Strip.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business