“great food”

Magnolia's Veranda
Ranked #262 of 4,793 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Idaho Falls, Idaho
“great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

The food is great, the specials are a good deal fast friendly service always open and breakfast anytime

Visited October 2013

Long Beach, California
“great deal on the prime rib dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

Alone the price is pretty decent, but make sure to get a players card for an additional discount. If you do come for dinner you might consider coming early because there can be a long line here during that time. there are other places on fremont street to get a prime rib deal, but this place seems to be less crowded then the tony romas

• Visited April 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Basic Breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

We had breakfast on Magnolia's Veranda overlooking the casino floor of the Four Queens. Magnolia's Veranda is the cafe counterpart to the upscale Hugo's Cellar. The menu is basic and the food is reasonably priced. Our entrees included French toast ($5.75) and a three-egg omelet with cheddar cheese, mushrooms and bacon with hash browns and rye toast ($8.70). No strawberry cozied up to an orange twist on these plates. The syrup for the French toast arrived in little plastic packages. You get what you ordered, no more, no less.
The service, food and value were average for a downtown breakfast. I might eat here again but there are better options and I would consider them before heading back to the Magnolia's Veranda.

• Visited December 2013
Jacksonville, Illinois, United States
“Great late night specials”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

Had a great dining experience here!! Food was very good!! Service was very friendly and prompt. This was my second time dining here and will continue to visit here my next trip to Las Vegas!! Prime rib dinner for $9.99, you can't go wrong.

Deep in the hot of Texas
“A mixed bag”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

This has long been one of the places that I had to visit at least once when I stayed downtown--and I would still recommend it but not as enthusiastically. I ate there twice on my last stay and it was not as good as usual. Not actually bad but the quality had gone down.

The first time was for breakfast. I had the ham and eggs. It would have been pretty good but the ham was very dry. Service wasn't great. I actually got much better service from the woman bussing tables than from my waiter. She's the one who noticed the cream I'd put in my tea was trying to curdle and brought me new packages and fresh tea. He pretty much took my order, brought my food, and dropped off my check.

The second time I went for the prime rib special. It was good but service was rather lackluster. Again, not bad but the level of service definitely seems to have dropped here. Try to get seated in the main area if you can. It seems like the service is much better and faster there than in either of the other two seating areas. If you get seated in the back section, you may have to send up flares to get your server's attention, even when they aren't busy.

I would rate this restaurant higher, if only for the prime rib special which is really quite good, if the service weren't so spotty. I would have rated the food higher if not for the breakfast experience. I'd rate the prime rib at least very good but my breakfast experience was on the poor side, at best on the low side of average. This and the service issues made me lower my rating for the overall value to average whereas I usually rate them as very good.

I'll go back again but probaby only during the period where they have the prime rib special. I'd even still recommend them but with some reservations.

• Visited November 2013