“Thoroughly enjoyed our stay”

Meridian Luxury Suites
Ranked #148 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Little Rock
“Thoroughly enjoyed our stay”
Reviewed 19 June 2008

As a family of 5 with teenagers, we were thrilled to find a place where we could stay and spread out a little. We were just a block or two off the strip - in a prime location - right in the middle. We rented a car at the airport so we could do some side trips, so we didn't actually walk to the strip. Most of the hotels have free parking, so we didn't incur any additional parking costs.

Our condo was fabulous behind gates with a guard, and underground parking with a remote for the gates. The condo was totally redone with travertine floors, granite in the kitchen as well as stainless appliances, modern furnishings and very comfortable beds. With three TV's, there was plenty of opportunties for different TV shows and quiet naps at the same time. We never got a chance to spend time at the pool, but it was lovely.

We will definately stay here again - it was fabulous, and away from the madness of the strip.

• Liked — There was room to spread out, as opposed to a hotel room
  • Disliked — A little farther away from the action on the strip - but then again, that was nice too
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank LShawnBC

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 17 June 2008

This hotel was a very pleasant surprise. After finding a great price on Expedia we found this hotel to be above and beyond what we expected. The furnishings in the rooms were contemporary and absolutely stunning. The rooms were very spacious and the recreational amenities including the pool were top notch. The hotel also had a great location with it being just a few blocks from the Strip. The staff was very pleasant and accomodating even when we had to change rooms due to a piece of furniture breaking in our room. Overall this hotel offered a great value and we thouroughly enjoyed our stay!!

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with friends
Brighton
Reviewed 9 June 2008

We have just returned from a wonderful stay at The Meridian Luxury Suites on East Flamingo, Las Vegas. My good friend and colleague and I had been in Las Vegas at a business conference and had three extra days available as free time. We were looking for a tranquil haven away from the bright lights and noise of the Las Vegas strip and we found a peaceful oasis in The Meridian.

The rooms were fabulous, we had a two bedroomed suite, which consisted of 1 king sized bed in one room with en-suite bathroom and walk-in closet with french windows onto the balcony. The second bedroom was also very large - queen-sized with separate bathroom, each with its own loo so you can be completely self contained and not need to enter into each others space. The kitchen was fully equipped with full sized american side by side fridge freezer dispensing ice and water. There was a large combi microwave plus cooker and oven and full-sized dishwasher. The floors are marble in the main lounge and kitchen and worktops are granite. Bedroom floors are plush carpet, which is lovely underfoot. The living space is well proportioned and very well decorated in a contemporary way with leather furniture and a huge plasma tv, plus plasmas in both bedrooms (which we didn't use). There is a coffee machine with coffee supplies for guests to use, plus all other self catering equipment. The rooms are fully air conditioned and ours had a washing machine and dryer, iron and board and everything else you might need.

The only maintenance issue in the room was my shower door didn't run smoothly and came off the runners on one occasion but these small issues are immediately rectified by Rebekah Desmet the Hotel Manager, who is completely charming and really cares about the guests' well being and ultimate satisfaction. Rebekah went that extra mile to ensure we had the best experience possible during our stay and even bringing the guests out some bottled water to the pool one afternoon.

The pool area itself is sublime, with crystal clear water and tropical gardens surrounding the paved area. The gardens are tended well so everything is lush and flourishing - I even caught sight of my very first humming bird just by the poolside which made my trip! The sunbeds are the most luxurious I have ever seen and there were plenty for everyone so no towels on the beds early here!

I would thoroughly recommend The Meridian to anyone who wants a calm oasis amid the mayhem that is Las Vegas, you will not be disappointed.

• Liked — The pool scene and staff
  • Disliked — my shower door broke!
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank Seaside1Brighton
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 8 June 2008

Stayed at the Meridian and was expecting a quite stay. It was totally opposite of what I expected. The night that I checked in my internet did not work. I reported it on the day that I checked in and The maintenance man came in the next day to try and fix it and he told me that there was a billing issue. My toilette was clogged and it took them 2 hours to get it fixed and I was expecting visitors that night. So I told my friends not to use the tiolette until it was fixed. I called 3 times before they got somebody up there. The alarms went off very early in the morning, it was a rude awakening, that was fine. We are tolerable to these circumstances and understand that these things happen in any bussines. We called to know what i going on and it was a false alarm. I asked the frontdesk the name of the manager and told them my situation. I gave my information and asked the frontdesk to tell the manager to contact me. The Manager's name was Mary Hervy. I never got a phone call. I was not expecting any compensation or anything just an appology. I feel she thinks that she's to important to talk to us. I called back and asked if I can be transferred to mary and the frontdesk agent told me that they donot transfer calls to that office. What!!!!? still I left my info and for 2 weeks now still no response. That is so professional. This is the 4th time I stayed here and the 1st three stays that I ecountered was exellent and the frontdesk staff was pleasant. I did have some problems before but I was always awknoledge by male manager and I was pleased, but the last time was the worst experience I have ever encountered and to my surprise no respone from them. I will not return here ever again. The hotel is beautiful but the manager/s, service and follow up is horrible.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank docJonathan
los angeles
Reviewed 2 June 2008

I have never written a review before but after my experience at this hotel I felt that something needed to be done. My husband and I go to Las Vegas at least once every year and this year was the first time that we decided to stay at a non-casino hotel. Let me begin by saying it is a beautiful room....and thats it. The pool water looked dirty there was hair floating in it and leaves and this was on a Sunday at 7am. But let me go even further into it by saying that after a long Friday my husband and I returned to our room around midnight and went to bed at around 3am we were awakened by rude party goers 1 floor below and we tried to ignore it but after about 20 minutes I called the front desk to see if they could ask them to quiet down. Well it was nearly 4am when I finally got back to sleep. Around 5:56am I woke up since it was quite bright from the beautiful sun when all of a sudden the fire alarm rang! My husband shot up out of bed and my ears where in pain I called the front desk and they said there was no fire and they could not explain why the alarm was going off but did say they were working to stop the alarm......well after about 20 minutes of that scorching alarm we decided to get dressed and out of there and for someone who takes about 2hours to get ready I was out the door at 7:30 and the fire alarm was still ringing! It was horrible! We returned in the afternoon and thankfully the alarm was off but there was no explanation as to what had happened no acknowledgement that anything had gone wrong. I agree with one of the other reviews that mentioned the staff was non existent, we called to have our television fixed and they said maintenence would be over and they never arrived. So when we checked out on Sunday the young man at the front desk did not have an answer for us regarding how they were going to handle waking us up at 6am!!!!on a Saturday morning!! We were not the only ones complaining there were several people who were just as upset, some families had infant children who were awakened and even traumatized by the loud rude awakening. Mary Harvey was supposedly the manager on duty that Sunday and she was unable to be found due to what the young man called "a real fire" that she was called to take care of in another building.
So bottom line do not stay in a place where there is absolutely no communcation and no one was willing to take responsability for the inconvenience that we and many other people had to endure. Stay somewhere else!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the service....oh and the fire alarm going off at 6am on Saturday
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tankky
Thermopolis, Wyoming
Reviewed 28 May 2008

I recently stayed at the Meridian Luxury Suites in Las Vegas. I've done strip hotels, downtown hotels, and stayed off strip, but this is the best off strip experience I've had.

The Meridian is easy to find, just a couple of blocks off center strip on E. Flamingo. The grounds are luxurious. The pool and jacuzzi open 24 hours as well as the fitness center. While the pool is smaller by Vegas standards, it is lovely and nowhere near as crowded as the big hotels. You will also find BBQ grills for your use during your stay all around the pool area.

I was upgraded to a 2 bedroom unit upon arrival, and no, I didn't use the $20 trick. Actually, I didn't even ask for an upgrade. As I was traveling alone I didn't need the 2nd bedroom, but an upgrade is an upgrade!

WOW! The photos you'll see at their website are really, truly what the rooms look like. Marble floors in the entryway, kitchen and living room. Huge leather couch, flatscreen tvs, DVD player, marble countertops in the kitchen, all the pots, pans and table ware you need, topped off with beautiful china and stainless steel appliances.

Even though the bathrooms aren't huge, they are big and include the rainshower heads. Amenities are not top of the line, but they aren't Super 8 quality either, and I was very happy with them.

And the beds? Oh my! Satin stripe linen. Plenty of pillows. Very, very comfortable sleep. The furniture is all high-gloss and dark, but the color scheme of the entire bedroom is comforting and warm.

I stayed over Memorial Day weekend, which is generally a high-cost weekend, but my stay at the Meridian was just under $400. To me, considering the property itself, the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff and the ease of getting to and from the strip, it was well worth the minimal cost.

As a side note, this would be a wonderful place for a honeymoon or for a couple to reconnect. The grounds at night are softly lit and absolutely gorgeous.

As for security, I felt absolutely safe at the Meridian. There is a guard at the front gate. You're given a remote for the outer gate, inner gate and the parking garage upon check-in, all of which are very easy to use.

• Liked — Location and beauty of surroundings
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled solo
4 Thank wyo_miss
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 28 May 2008

Would highly recommend staying at the Meridian
Just got back from 3 night stay. Upgraded from studio to 2 bedroom suite when we arrived. Provided early check-in (11am) and late check-out (3pm). Rooms were huge, clean, and comfortably decorated. Highly recommend requesting building 1 which has its own pool. Having the gates to the hotel and keys to specific buildings was really nice. Hotel was quiet and not having to walk thru a smokey casino was great! Had an issue with hot water heater when we arrived. Someone was there and fixed it within 15 minutes (power-outage had shut off the hot water heater). Great concierge and front desk. Everything we asked for was accomodated. Even had the option of having them bring in groceries. I wouldn’t stay anywhere else in Las Vegas!

• Liked — Fabulous rooms, great pool, wonderful security.
  • Disliked — A few block walk to the strip in the summer might be a little toasty
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple