If you long for respite from the overgrown old and the overdone young of the Vegas Strip, this is the place for you. No casino. No pulsing music or frenzied lights. The resort has thought of every little detail, and provides a beautiful, peaceful, comfortable home away from home.
There is a fully equipped kitchen-so save some dough and eat in.
Beware: the resort is not located a block off the strip, as several web sites (and the front desk staff) claim. I decided to walk over based on this information. I live in Boston and am used to my feet being my sole form of transportation most of the time. Once you get even a few feet off the strip the scene changes very rapidly into no man’s land, and though I passed vibrant hotels and businesses, there was a distinct element of seediness. Men who had nothing better to do than slouch on the sidewalk called out to me. One guy in a hotel parking lot hollered at me and when he determined I was ignoring him (I was on the phone with my husband-who had taken our bags over to the Meridian earlier-to ask him where the heck this place was) he began to curse and scream at me. I literally dove into a cab right as he was running at me.
I told the front desk about my experience and that they should not be falsely advertising their location. They claimed the area is safe, but then why all the high walls and closely guarded gates? My husband later told me he mentioned where we were staying to a local who advised him to be “very careful”.
For optimal safety, plan to use cabs (as we did) to get to and from the strip, or rent a car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A true Resort just 2 blocks to center of The Strip and right next door to Hughes Center and Restaurant Row, 6 minutes to Convention Centers, this luxurious masterpiece is a world apart from the hustle and bustle of the fastest growing city in the world! Professionally decorated by Jennifer Lynn. Surrounded by soaring palm trees, featuring 24-hour pools, Jacuzzis, indoor racquetball and handball courts, tennis courts, business center, concierge, secured underground parking, and the finest restaurants right next door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Meridian Luxury Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meridian Luxury Hotel Las Vegas
- Meridian Luxury Suites Las Vegas
- Meridian Luxury Las Vegas
- Meridian Suites Las Vegas