“meridian is definitely luxury!”

Meridian Luxury Suites
Ranked #137 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 9 July 2008

I just recently stayed at the Meridian Suites for 4th of July weekend and it was great! my friends and I got the two bedroom, two bathroom suite and it looked just the way it does in the pictures. full kitchen, modern -stylish furniture, and grreatt beddings! This location is definitely good for families, or for those who want to be away from the vegas crowd, because its much more peaceful. The two main things that sucked about our stay was we didnt have a car rental, so we had a challenge getting a taxi. Since our suite was in separate building far from the front desk, we ended up walking across the street to The Westin to catch a taxi. and lastly each room gets one set of keys to open /close the gates and doors to get inside ...so if you're in a big group and split up, and arrive at the hotel at different times...especially at night, someone has to come down each time with the key to let them in....which i had to do several times! But overall, this hotel is a great, definitely affordable, and i would stay here again..but this time ill make sure to have a car!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 July 2008

If you long for respite from the overgrown old and the overdone young of the Vegas Strip, this is the place for you. No casino. No pulsing music or frenzied lights. The resort has thought of every little detail, and provides a beautiful, peaceful, comfortable home away from home.

There is a fully equipped kitchen-so save some dough and eat in.

Beware: the resort is not located a block off the strip, as several web sites (and the front desk staff) claim. I decided to walk over based on this information. I live in Boston and am used to my feet being my sole form of transportation most of the time. Once you get even a few feet off the strip the scene changes very rapidly into no man’s land, and though I passed vibrant hotels and businesses, there was a distinct element of seediness. Men who had nothing better to do than slouch on the sidewalk called out to me. One guy in a hotel parking lot hollered at me and when he determined I was ignoring him (I was on the phone with my husband-who had taken our bags over to the Meridian earlier-to ask him where the heck this place was) he began to curse and scream at me. I literally dove into a cab right as he was running at me.

I told the front desk about my experience and that they should not be falsely advertising their location. They claimed the area is safe, but then why all the high walls and closely guarded gates? My husband later told me he mentioned where we were staying to a local who advised him to be “very careful”.

For optimal safety, plan to use cabs (as we did) to get to and from the strip, or rent a car.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 July 2008

It was the best stay ever!!

The rooms are beautiful and very clean. It was nice and quiet by the pool and we loved the pool furniture, very elegant. Walking distance to the strip, which was great.

We recommend it highly!

(Already book 4 nights for the 4th of July holiday.)

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2008

I found a two night stay for a 2 bedroom suite for $371.00 on travel zoo. It worked well for us, 2 adults with 16 and 20 year old kids with us. Clean, comfortable, plenty of room for all. Kitchen was well equipped, and the 3 televisions were nice. Underground parking was easy and the walk to Bellagio was not too bad in the heat of the evening. Check in and out was simple and fast, and the gym was nice and clean. Cant recommend this for young adults as there were little kids at the pool and I cant imagine them tolerating much "marco polo". The pool area was very nice, lounge chairs comfortable and plenty of towels. For a family traveling to Las Vegas it sure beats cramming into a small hotel room on the 20th floor of a high rise. It is very family friendly!

Reviewed 25 June 2008

I stayed at this resort the first week of June with my family. We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit. From the second we arrived I was reassured that we had found the best place to stay in Las Vegas. The property is very secure, clean and very well kept. the staff are very helpful and friendly.
We were very surprised when we walked into our unit and it actually looked just like the website picutres.
The counters were marble, the look and feel was very modern, and it was very spacious. The units are fully furnished, including washing machines and dryers, and all the appliances you could need in the kitchen.
The pool area was amazing. Laying by the pool, it was very easy to forget I was in Las Vegas. It felt like I was at a top resort, and then when we went out for the strip was only a few blocks away. I will definetly stay at the Meridian again and recommend it to anyone else who is looking for a get away in Las Vegas.

Reviewed 24 June 2008

Compared to other upscale resorts we've enjoyed, the Meridian is truly the best for overall value and accomodations. The staff was wonderful and the security is excellent. The two bedroom suite was gorgeous, immaculate and it exceeded our expectations. The grounds are beautiful and we loved the 24 hour pool. We'll definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2008

As a family of 5 with teenagers, we were thrilled to find a place where we could stay and spread out a little. We were just a block or two off the strip - in a prime location - right in the middle. We rented a car at the airport so we could do some side trips, so we didn't actually walk to the strip. Most of the hotels have free parking, so we didn't incur any additional parking costs.

Our condo was fabulous behind gates with a guard, and underground parking with a remote for the gates. The condo was totally redone with travertine floors, granite in the kitchen as well as stainless appliances, modern furnishings and very comfortable beds. With three TV's, there was plenty of opportunties for different TV shows and quiet naps at the same time. We never got a chance to spend time at the pool, but it was lovely.

We will definately stay here again - it was fabulous, and away from the madness of the strip.

1  Thank LShawnBC