“Will never stay anywhere else in Vegas”

Meridian Luxury Suites
Ranked #148 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Columbus Ohio
“Will never stay anywhere else in Vegas”
Reviewed 11 July 2008

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with Meridian. My brother and I checked in after 11 pm with no problems. Walked into the room and was almost inclined to stay in for the night as opposed to visiting the strip. Very clean, nicely decorated, flat screen TVs in the living area and both bedrooms, private baths off both bedrooms, fully equipped kitchen, the works! It was like home away from home. Granted, we didn't spend a lot of time in the room, since we were in Vegas for obvious reasons, it was great that we were a 5-10 minute walk from the strip. After a good night of drinking, we were able to wear off the alcohol with a great workout in the gym and keep the "jump shot" up to par in the indoor basketball court. Even though I'm not a big fan of swimming, the 2 pools were very enticing. Keycard access to the property made it very secure. I would recommend this resort to anyone, whether is a singles trip, family trip, couples trip, whatever, this is the place to stay. The only non-positive thing I can say is that no matter how much you gamble, you'll never get a free stay. Other than that, All Good!

• Liked — the space and decor
  • Disliked — nothing

Los Angeles
Reviewed 9 July 2008

I just recently stayed at the Meridian Suites for 4th of July weekend and it was great! my friends and I got the two bedroom, two bathroom suite and it looked just the way it does in the pictures. full kitchen, modern -stylish furniture, and grreatt beddings! This location is definitely good for families, or for those who want to be away from the vegas crowd, because its much more peaceful. The two main things that sucked about our stay was we didnt have a car rental, so we had a challenge getting a taxi. Since our suite was in separate building far from the front desk, we ended up walking across the street to The Westin to catch a taxi. and lastly each room gets one set of keys to open /close the gates and doors to get inside ...so if you're in a big group and split up, and arrive at the hotel at different times...especially at night, someone has to come down each time with the key to let them in....which i had to do several times! But overall, this hotel is a great, definitely affordable, and i would stay here again..but this time ill make sure to have a car!

• Liked — comfort
  • Disliked — having only set of keys to open/close the gates and doors, especially with a large group
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
Boston, MA
Reviewed 6 July 2008

If you long for respite from the overgrown old and the overdone young of the Vegas Strip, this is the place for you. No casino. No pulsing music or frenzied lights. The resort has thought of every little detail, and provides a beautiful, peaceful, comfortable home away from home.

There is a fully equipped kitchen-so save some dough and eat in.

Beware: the resort is not located a block off the strip, as several web sites (and the front desk staff) claim. I decided to walk over based on this information. I live in Boston and am used to my feet being my sole form of transportation most of the time. Once you get even a few feet off the strip the scene changes very rapidly into no man’s land, and though I passed vibrant hotels and businesses, there was a distinct element of seediness. Men who had nothing better to do than slouch on the sidewalk called out to me. One guy in a hotel parking lot hollered at me and when he determined I was ignoring him (I was on the phone with my husband-who had taken our bags over to the Meridian earlier-to ask him where the heck this place was) he began to curse and scream at me. I literally dove into a cab right as he was running at me.

I told the front desk about my experience and that they should not be falsely advertising their location. They claimed the area is safe, but then why all the high walls and closely guarded gates? My husband later told me he mentioned where we were staying to a local who advised him to be “very careful”.

For optimal safety, plan to use cabs (as we did) to get to and from the strip, or rent a car.

• Liked — cleanliness, excellent attention to detail, beautiful comfortable environment
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
Newport Beach
Reviewed 4 July 2008

It was the best stay ever!!

The rooms are beautiful and very clean. It was nice and quiet by the pool and we loved the pool furniture, very elegant. Walking distance to the strip, which was great.

We recommend it highly!

(Already book 4 nights for the 4th of July holiday.)

• Liked — Rooms and Pool
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
los angeles, california
Reviewed 29 June 2008

I found a two night stay for a 2 bedroom suite for $371.00 on travel zoo. It worked well for us, 2 adults with 16 and 20 year old kids with us. Clean, comfortable, plenty of room for all. Kitchen was well equipped, and the 3 televisions were nice. Underground parking was easy and the walk to Bellagio was not too bad in the heat of the evening. Check in and out was simple and fast, and the gym was nice and clean. Cant recommend this for young adults as there were little kids at the pool and I cant imagine them tolerating much "marco polo". The pool area was very nice, lounge chairs comfortable and plenty of towels. For a family traveling to Las Vegas it sure beats cramming into a small hotel room on the 20th floor of a high rise. It is very family friendly!

YOW
Reviewed 25 June 2008

I stayed at this resort the first week of June with my family. We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit. From the second we arrived I was reassured that we had found the best place to stay in Las Vegas. The property is very secure, clean and very well kept. the staff are very helpful and friendly.
We were very surprised when we walked into our unit and it actually looked just like the website picutres.
The counters were marble, the look and feel was very modern, and it was very spacious. The units are fully furnished, including washing machines and dryers, and all the appliances you could need in the kitchen.
The pool area was amazing. Laying by the pool, it was very easy to forget I was in Las Vegas. It felt like I was at a top resort, and then when we went out for the strip was only a few blocks away. I will definetly stay at the Meridian again and recommend it to anyone else who is looking for a get away in Las Vegas.

• Liked — spacious, clean and comfortable
  • Disliked — nothing, I liked everything.
Arizona
Reviewed 24 June 2008

Compared to other upscale resorts we've enjoyed, the Meridian is truly the best for overall value and accomodations. The staff was wonderful and the security is excellent. The two bedroom suite was gorgeous, immaculate and it exceeded our expectations. The grounds are beautiful and we loved the 24 hour pool. We'll definitely stay again.

• Liked — Suites are roomy and beautifully appointed with a staff that is welcoming and friendly.
  • Disliked — Wish we could've stayed longer.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple