“Well and truly let down by the Meridian!!”

Meridian Luxury Suites
Ranked #139 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 24 September 2008

We were due to stay at the Meridian Luxury Suites for our Honeymoon (7th to 22nd September 2008). A day and a half before we were due to travel we discovered (via a review on this website) that the hotel had been closed down!!!
The Meridian did not have the decency to contact the travel agent to advise they were closed, and we can only assume that had we not checked ourselves, we would have arrived to find the Meridian closed. What a great start to our Honeymoon this would have been!!
We feel incredibly let down and suprised by this appaling lack of communication. We chose the Meridian following excellent reviews on this website, and its location only 2 blocks from the strip.
Fortunately, our travel agent were able to find alternative accomodation for us at the Hilton Grand Vacations Club (HGVC) nextdoor to the Hilton. This was after spending 1 1/2 hours on the phone the night before the wedding - I resent the Meridian for ruining what was supposed to be a special time for me and my bridesmaid.
On a positive note, the HGVC more than made up for the Meridians shortfall. Their customer service is first class!
If you are due to stay at the Meridian, we would urge you to double check your booking. Don't speak to the night time staff - they said 'don't worry, we are still open' !!! What????
Apologies for all the !!!! marks folks, we are still feeling pretty raw about our mistreatment by the Meridian.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Gemmies

Reviewed 5 August 2008

Fantastic Resort!!
I stayed July 1st through July 7th for my Fourth of July Wedding Celebration. I booked a total of 10 rooms for me and my 40 guests. All I can say is Luxury!!! When we arrived we were greated by security, who then smiled and opened the gates to the resort. We then checked into our room. Wow!! The rooms are exactly like the pictures and then some. We each had stainless steel kitchens with viking gas ranges, and sub zero refridgerators. The suites have unmentioned high end options such as push button comode with a built in badae... the commode even has a dryer to dry your tushie when your done...The maid service came, while we watched TV, and washed our DISHES, and then refused a tip. We had to basically force her to take the tip, which she split with the other worker.... Nice... My brother’s room had pillars, inlayed tile overlay, on marble flooring, and a full sized washer and dryer... Out of the 10 rooms I booked many were at least 1200 square feet. The largest being 1500 square feet. Over and over agian, each of our guests made comments like- "This suite is like MTV cribs" and "I feel like life styles of the rich and famous". One guest enjoyed her suite so much, she teared up, explaining this is the best resort she’s ever seen. Hands down, our friends and family were extremely impressed. The resort is the best part of our Vegas stay!! First Class all the way...

Traveler's tip on getting the most out of your stay
Make absolutely sure you are in a "Platinum" designer suite. The Platinum suites are the only ones that come with high end furnishings and finishes.. 2 bdr 2 bath w/den, can be pretty plain, unless you specify Platinum designer suite!! Also, make sure to get the gate codes to the pool. Trust me this property is high security.

Stayed: July 2008
4  Thank SHUTUPANDDRIVE
Reviewed 25 July 2008

I am not surprised that the Meridian closed down. It was the most poorly run hotel I have ever stayed in. We had 6 rooms for a family reunion and all of them had problems ranging from no air conditioning to no hot water to no electricity whatsoever. They kept moving us around to different rooms that were not any better saying they "could not fix the problems". The staff was friendly, but not helpful, check-in took forever, housekeeping service was all but extinct, none of the 3 gate keys we had to use ever worked, etc. Kudos to the city of Vegas for closing them down!!

• Stayed: June 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank GrandmaSH
Reviewed 16 July 2008

I also received a messasge on my phone the night before I was flying from Anchorage to Vegas that the Meridian was closed due to a code problem or something. I was also offered the same rate at the Westin for one room. I had booked a two bedroom suite for 5 people so one room would not work. I called the Meridian but it was late and no one answered. The next morning I received a call from Meridian and they were very sorry but said the county made them close and they would not be reopening for a while. I was told I would receive a refund for the night I had paid for. Have not checked the credit card to see if it's there yet. Last minute booked two rooms at Planet Hollywood. Drove by Meridian while I was in Vegas and it was dark. Was very disappointed but still had a great time in Vegas.

Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends
2  Thank sjdobson
Reviewed 15 July 2008

Just a quick FYI that we were booked into the Meridian for July 22-26 and received a call on the 13th to advise that they no longer have their 'hotel' license...and are not able to accomodate anyone who has booked in with them for anything shorter than 30 days. They had transferred our reservation to the Platinum (another condo hotel) across the street - and had told us our rate and nights would be honoured. We were told that they are hoping to be up and running within 90 days after they fix whatever small details were required to get their license back.

We booked based on the many phenomenal reviews here at TripAdvisor, and to be honest, if and when they get their license we'd likely try it! We were pretty disappointed, and pretty panicked, as well. They did try and accommodate as best they could. The new booking at the Platinum, however, did not go terribly smoothly and while that hotel can now accomodate us for the dates we need (couldn't at first) we have made arrangements elsewhere.
Just a note if you are planning to travel there anytime soon!

Stayed: July 2008
2  Thank FamilyTravels01
Reviewed 13 July 2008

To celebrate a friend's milestone birthday, I booked a condo at the Meridian for three female friends and myself for the night of July 11. I booked months in advance. Passing thru Vegas in April, I had gone to the property to make sure it was nice, clean, safe, etc. It looked great and we looked forward to staying there. On July 10 at 6:30 p.m., I received a phone call at home from Expedia advising me that the Meridian is not accepting guests at this time. Since we were driving to Las Vegas the following morning, I was in a real jam to try to find adequate accomodations with such little notice. The reps at Expedia had to try to placate any guests who had booked through them. One of the reps who helped me called the Meridian twice and spoke with Tim, a manager there, who insisted that the best they could do was to give us a room at the Westin (a neighboring hotel). One small room, two beds, for four adult women - not what we had planned. I requested that they at least provide two rooms, but Tim refused. I never did get a full explanation of why this happened, but they could have at least given more notice - if I had cancelled at the last minute, I'd have probably been penalized. I was really glad to have booked through Expedia. Their reps intervened and made sure we had terrific accomodations, matching the great deal we'd gotten at the Meridian. The management at the Meridian, on the other hand, was uncommunicative, unresponsive and exhibited some of the worst customer service I've ever experienced.

Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends
2  Thank MjsAjs
Reviewed 11 July 2008

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with Meridian. My brother and I checked in after 11 pm with no problems. Walked into the room and was almost inclined to stay in for the night as opposed to visiting the strip. Very clean, nicely decorated, flat screen TVs in the living area and both bedrooms, private baths off both bedrooms, fully equipped kitchen, the works! It was like home away from home. Granted, we didn't spend a lot of time in the room, since we were in Vegas for obvious reasons, it was great that we were a 5-10 minute walk from the strip. After a good night of drinking, we were able to wear off the alcohol with a great workout in the gym and keep the "jump shot" up to par in the indoor basketball court. Even though I'm not a big fan of swimming, the 2 pools were very enticing. Keycard access to the property made it very secure. I would recommend this resort to anyone, whether is a singles trip, family trip, couples trip, whatever, this is the place to stay. The only non-positive thing I can say is that no matter how much you gamble, you'll never get a free stay. Other than that, All Good!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family