“Great Deal in Vegas”

Baymont Inn & Suites Las Vegas South Strip
Ranked #154 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This hotel has comfortable beds, great tasting full breakfast and an indoor (albeit tiny) indoor pool. Its a great place to stay in Vegas on a budget. For $20 more you can stay at one of the casinos and enjoy huge outdoor pools and Jacuzzis but if you are just passing thru and need a quiet place to sleep you can't beat Microtel.

• Stayed: April 2012

Reviewed 18 April 2012

I recently stayed at this "gem" and would highly suggest it to anyone. It has a great location....close to Mandalay Bay and the Strip and there is a great shopping plaza across the street. The hotel is very clean and great for families.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We stayed here with kids. The pool was small and no hottub. There is a very small gym. The rooms are small. The price is what you would pay for a much nicer room in a casino/ hotel on the strip. I would not stay here again. The suites are slightly larger than a regular room but only have one bed and a sofa hidabed. It is close to a lot of shopping and some chain restaurants. The service was very good; the staff was very friendly and went out of their way to help with cleaning our room and giving us towels and things. The breakfast was more than most continentals with hot food as well as the usual baked goods. The rooms have fridges, microwaves, and coffee makers.
My kids loved it cause there was a pool but I'll choose somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We go to vegas quite often (once every two months) and this is the only place we stay at.

The Good:
- Always low prices. I recomend calling the hotel directly to get the best deals
- Location Location Location. Just south of the strip, walking distance to restaurants and Las Vegas Outlets
- Free WiFi
- Free Shuttle to/from Airport
- Free breakfast ... the waffles are great!
- Always clean and tidy rooms with all the items you need to make your stay comfortable
- Staff is very friendly, courteous and helpful
- This is one of the safest and easily accessible hotels in the Vegas area.
- Swimming pool facilities for good.
- Minutes to the strip.
- Flat screen TVs in each room

The Bad:
- Some rooms have paper-thin walls, however it's hit or miss depending on where the room is located.

Overall I like staying at this hotel more than some of my experiences with hotels on the strip. It's my go-to hotel when I plan my trips to Vegas.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room or a thrid floor room to minimize noise from other units.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Warm warm pool - great continental breakfast, clean - we liked it. The last time my girlfriend and I were in Las Vegas we stayed at the Venitian. This time, we were driving back from a CA visit with her two kids and wanted a fun place to stay and this place was recommended to us. We called ahead and they told us the pool was WARM - (last little place we stayed in the pool was freezing). Had a great time. I was worried it wasn't going to be clean or there would be something my picky girlfriend wouldn't like, but she lived it. Had a great time with the kids. LOVED the breakfast, and went shopping at the outlets right next door :) First review I have ever written and wanted to do so because we liked it so well :))

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Matthew F
Reviewed 20 January 2012

We were glad to have a good place to sleep after a long travel day. The room was OK, average, clean, with a modern feel, like Hyatt Place, but not as upscale. Breakfast had enough variety but no tables or chairs. We had to sit on a sofa, or chairs holding plate with waffle and syrup, making it notably hard to eat breakfast without getting sticky. The one hesitation I had here was the neighborhood. We did worry about being outside unloading in the dark and wondered about break-ins. Microtels are usually a safe bet for value without having a coupon.
( No casino on this property)

Room Tip: Ask about the neighborhood, parking, and outdoor lighting if you have concerns.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 January 2012

About 5 mins walk from Premium Outlets South but since the outlet mall is huge,and the nearest bus stop being on the other side of the outlet, its a 15min walk in total from the bus stop. Transport to town is the Downtown Strip Express at the bus stop, can be a hassle cos u need to take the bus to the terminal in order to take the north bound bus. The motel provide free shuttle to Madalay Bay and the airport as and when you ask for it. There is no fixed schedule.

No kettle in the room, the only way to boil water is to use the single cup coffee machine, although they provide a microwave oven, you need to have your own microvable containers. I got a room on the 2nd floor, window facing an airconditoner compressor, you can hear the humming noise, but when the airconditioner in the room is so much louder, you won't mind the compressor noise. I had to switch off the aircon in order to sleep. The pillows are super thin, uncomfortable to sleep with. The hairdryer is not user-friendly, I had to hold it in one hand, and press a blue button on the wall to turn it on, once i let go of the button, the dryer was off. So I couldn't comb and blow dry my hair at the same time cos both hands were occupied.

Room is very clean though, no dark spots on carpet or sofa. Toilet and bathtub is clean too. The self-service laundry room comes in handy, $1.50 per usage of the washing machine and dryer.

And the hotel seems short of front desk staff. Sometimes when I front desk I had to hold on to it for a long time cos no one picked up the phone.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo