1. Attempt to enter valet upon arrival: there are no signs, markings or anyone directing us. Finally make it, only to wait 15 minutes for a bell boy who never comes and now at this point the "line" for valet has grown exponentially. We finally get the intention of a supervisor who gets a cart for us only to tell us he will not bring in any plastic bags, groceries, or alcohol. He then explains it's hotel policy to prevent partying in the room. Oh I'm sorry.. I thought I was in Vegas?
2. Entering the hotel: The hotel is disgustingly dirty. On top of what was probably a lovely floor, another hotel guest commented, that the floor looked as if the droppings of farm animals were all over it. Again there no signs or markings, nor was there a path through the casino, to direct you to the registration. Finally we find the registration in the very back of the hotel and it's complete chaos. Despite arriving early, there are no lines and people are just pushing at each other to get to the desk. Once we were helped it took over thirty minutes to get checked, which appeared to be the average time to get checked in. The employee who helped us was very nice. Keep in mind we are holding all our alcohol because the bell boy could not take it up for us. Thanks for the work out SLS.
3. Room: The elevators to the rooms are also disgusting dirty. Immediately upon walking into our room I feel so claustrophobic I needed to walk out. After coming back in we realized the "double" beds were some weird size between a twin and a full. At this point we are so distraught by the size of the size of the beds, we spent half an hour googling what type size bed this could possibly be. We still don't have an answer. That being said the tiny beds were really comfortable (although not more than one person can sleep in each), the room decor was nice, and there were phone plugs in the nightstand. There were also two large lighted mirrors which somewhat helped with the tiniest of the room. Also the air conditioning whistles, it's so loud that we thought it was an alarm at first.
4. Pool: There was nothing going on at the pool opening weekend. There were also so few lounge chairs for a hotel of this size that we weren't able to sit down. That being said the pool is beautiful and is this hotel's only redeeming feature, wish we could have been able to sit and enjoy it.
5. Restaurants: If you're from LA it's the same old thing but if you're not, there is a great selection.
6. Nightclub: Our experience at life is by far the most appalling Las Vegas experience anyone in our group has ever had and we have been to basically all the Vegas clubs and sbe clubs in LA and never had any problems. We reserved a table weeks in advance and got to the club relatively early, yet we still had to wait in line for over an hour. We were prepared to spend a lot of money. They then informed us we could not be seated at our reserved table because our "ratio" wasn't right when they knew we were a bachelor party. The table they took us to instead was insulting. It wasn't a table more than it was a night stand pushed up against a bench in a row with a bunch of other nightstands. They thought we wouldn't notice that they stuck us at a table that was two price tiers below what we were paying and didn't care. After two hours of dealing with all these logistical nightmares, we decided to throw in the towel with the table and just have fun in the club. NOPE. Not only could they not honor our reservation, they wouldn't allow us to stay and party in the club. This experience ruined our entire night, not only were we sober, tired and frustrated but by the time we finally left we could no longer get a table at another club as they were all sold out.
Overall, a we had a terrible experience and will not be back at this hotel. Would definitely not recommend staying here
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built on the grounds of the Sahara Hotel, SLS is a new destination that captures Vegas' hip heritage and future cool. SLS's unparalleled dining and nightlife collection includes Bazaar Meat by Jose Andres, Katsuya, Cleo, The Sayers Club, Foundry Concert Hall and Foxtail Pool Club. Play in our casino for an experience as legendary as our location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Destinology, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Priceline, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your SLS Las Vegas Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- SLS Las Vegas Hotel & Casino