“Good enough”

Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: The Strip
Cross street: Spring Mountain
Description: East meets West at Japonais. The Chicago and New York favorite treats you to a menu of classic Japanese cuisine with an American twist. Voted one of the top 66 restaurants in the world Condé Nast Traveler.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The food was decent and the selection was ok. Compared to the barrage of outrageous sushi places in Vegas, I would not cite this as one I was I was rushing to get back to.

1  Thank fozzetti

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

My friends and I really enjoyed our meal and experience here. We ordered the rock and liked it so much that we ordered another one! The sharing was so much fun and the restaurant has a super cool vibe. We loved the calamari and the sushi rolls.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Went to Japonais only because the Brazilian Samba was closed. I am pleased that it was because my tuna steak was fantastic. The service was very good and there was a real atmosphere.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We chose Japonais after wandering around the Mirage before seeing Terry Fator trying to find a restaurant we wanted to eat at. We decided we were craving sushi.

The atmosphere is very pretty. Dimly lit, nice furnishings with a large wall waterfall in the back.

The service is really good. I wish I could remember our server's name but we were in Vegas for a week and we met a lot of people (most of the time we were so exhausted we never thought to try to remember). The lady who served us was very polite and helpful and made sure we were taken care of.

The food was very very good. We ordered calamari to start and my boyfriend said that he has never had such "large juicy pieces of calamari." We also ordered the sashimi. It was amazing but because it's a "fancy" restaurant you only get two small pieces for $10. We got a few rolls as well and they were very delicious.

All in all it was a nice place to have dinner out in Vegas. It was a bit pricy at just under $100 for the two of us as we didn't order a lot of food and we didn't order any drinks. I expect that though at a nice place. Smaller "higher quality" portions for a higher price. It was a nice meal out before the show. We can get similar quality sushi back home for more than half the price but it was the experience so we didn't mind paying a little more while on vacation.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

If you love sushi, you will love Japonais. The fish is fresh and there is plenty to choose from. We like sitting up at the bar and eating, rather than at a table.