The Cromwell
Wynn Las Vegas(Las Vegas)
US$310
US$211
Official Site
  • Restaurant
MGM Grand Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$236
US$192
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Luxor Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$106
  • Restaurant
Bellagio Las Vegas(Las Vegas)
US$217
US$172
  • Restaurant
The Mirage Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$142
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Signature at MGM Grand(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$163
VEGAS.com
4,135 results
All reviewsgiada's restaurantgreat boutiquebarbary coastsmall hotelrooftop poolhotel gueststable gamestotal rewardsgreat casinocasino floorslot machinesstrip viewnightclubdraisdealersvegasmirror
Reviewed 1 June 2014

While the property is brand new and clean, it is the little things that will either make or break a property.

ROOMS - are what you'd expect in a luxury hotel. Although we did have a suite, I'm sure what the regular rooms felt like.

ROOM SERVICE - never used it.

GYM - small, but had everything you need to get a nice work out. I enjoyed raising the window blinds and watching people walk by as I worked out on the elliptical.

SPA - There is NOT one. Huge negative.

POOL - There is NOT a pool. Allow me to explain. Monday thru Wednesday, the days I am never in Vegas, the rooftop pool is available to its guests. The problem arises on Thursday - Sunday when it turns into Drai's Beach Club, attracting mostly a younger crowd of people who are not staying at the hotel or who do not gamble very much either. This means if you want to go to the pool during those days and utilize a lounger it will cost you a minimum of $600 dollars. Unless you choose to instead stand in the pool by the edge with your drink (God forbid you walk to the middle of the pool with a drink in hand - the pool police will signal you to get back to the edge) or just walk around like a zombie. Let me reiterate, there is NOT a pool for guest to lounge at from Thursday thru Sunday. You must willing to be a part of the Beach Club action. Loud music and all the rest that goes along with it.

RESTAURANT - There is not one. They did however accommodate their guests with staging a complimentary breakfast area behind one of the bars which was a very nice gesture. But this is also where it gets a little strange. On the day of my departure I went down the hall to the elevators where each day there was a complimentary coffee station set up. However, either I was early or they were late setting up, but there was no coffee on the day I was leaving. No big deal. So I instead go down to the make-shift breakfast area and asked for a to-go cup of coffee. I was told that I could only drink the coffee there and I was not allowed to leave the area with it! Really? They claimed it was a city ordinance and that there was NOTHING they could do about it and had to abide by the "law". So I asked the attendant what would be the difference with me sitting just 10 feet away at a slot machine and having a cocktail waitress bring me a coffee? They had no response. What was equally frustrating was that I could have accepted the fact that they were not able to serve me a coffee IF they at least had a place inside the property where I could go purchase one. They don't have one. They told me to go back to my room and order room service in order to get my coffee! I just simply wanted one cup of coffee. I told the manager who came over that his (their) sole purpose was to accommodate their guests with any request so long as they were able to do so. Providing a guest with a cup of coffee is not a major request.

SLOTS - Keep in mind that the facility is very small, so that limit the number of machines they can have. Selection was fair.

One last thing. When we checked in we were told that our steam shower is not working due to some reason or the other. The REAL reason why the steam shower has been disengaged is because the showers were not constructed correctly. Apparently the steam showers were an afterthought and the ceilings inside the showers were constructed using sheetrock and not tile.

The bottom line is this. A boutique hotel should have most of the amenities that you'd expect from a larger hotel. A coffee shop, a spa and, most importantly, a POOL. It would of been very wise if, when they were designing the Drai's Beach Club, they would have at least allocated a small isolated pool area for their hotel guests enjoy.

Room Tip: I have no comment.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
27  Thank Gibono
AmberOlson, Guest Relations Manager at The Cromwell, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for your review of The Cromwell. We’re glad you enjoyed the rooms and gym. We appreciate the feedback regarding the experience you had with your coffee and are ensuring this doesn't happen again. Our restaurant, Giada’s, is now open and available for dinner service.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Hotel is nicely customized for individuals. Style is modern and very accessible. The smaller scale hotel has all the amenities of what a larger hotel will have. Great location, in the middle of the strip.

Review collected in partnership with Caesars Entertainment
AmberOlson, Guest Relations Manager at The Cromwell, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

We’re glad you enjoyed your time with us and thanks for the review. We hope you stay with us again on your next trip to Las Vegas.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Wow what a change from the old Barbary Coast! This was a three-night stay for me. Modern and elegant boutique hotel and casino that just happens to have one of the best, if not the best club in America, on top of the roof. When I walked up to the front desk, a young man named Dejour greeted me by name and was flawless with check in and made a great first impression of the property. Kevin escorted me to my room and did a very good job of providing an overview of the property. For this place to be open for a very short time, I thought the overall service was extremely good. I think the boutique style allows the property to really hone in on service unlike some of the larger scale properties. The Table Games dealers were also very friendly. Speaking of Drai’s…this club is an amazing club at night and also a place to “see and be seen” during the day hours at the pool. I am not sure if this will always be the case, but being a hotel guest gets you into the day club for free and fortunately for myself and some friends was enough to get into the club at night as well. Cost to get into the club is $50. So, if this remains a benefit to those that stay at the Cromwell Hotel, it’s a bargain and a huge benefit if you like clubs. While this is a small property and it’s location is in the heart of the strip with easy and quick access to the big properties, I found myself spending a lot more time at The Cromwell property than anticipated. Whether you stay at the Cromwell or not, you really should swing by Bound. It is the bar close to the front desk. I got the chance to meet Salvatore Calabrese, the mind behind this bar. You will quickly understand why his nickname is the Maestro. The guy is a genius mixologist. I highly recommend the Spicy Fifty, the Breakfast Martini, the Cromwell Fizz and the Cromwellian (Espresso Cocktail). It has a cool vibe and it ties well into the rest of the property. Their restaurant had not opened yet but they offered a free breakfast buffet to hotel guests inside the interlude bar. The breakfast was actually good and had an omelet station. The design of the room was inviting. The bathroom is placed in the back of the room to make it feel bigger and more open. I personally liked the rooms and the décor. Also, the bed was extremely comfortable in my opinion. Kudos to the Cromwell Team. They did a great job all around and I definitely want to stay there on my next trip to Vegas.

3  Thank Tim B

We’re glad you enjoyed your stay with us and the drinks Tim! We look forward to having you back.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I wanted to try the Cromwell before the grand opening to see if they were prepared to present a first class experience. I wasn't disappointed. The baggage was immediately "pounced upon" and I was escorted to the front desk. My room was ready, and Hector gave me a wonderful "tour" of the amenities it contained. Shortly thereafter, an iced bucket with Champagne arrived with an exquisite basket of chesses, pepperoni, health crackers, chocolate almonds, dried fruits, other exotic nuts, and even an apple. What a picnic I enjoyed. The only thing I suggested to improve my stay was that plum colored baseboards in the bathroom would complete my stay. Would you believe that? I had a wonderful stay and, unfortunately had to leave 1/2 hour before the grand opening. You will ENJOY your visit!

Room Tip: I never tell how to TIP. LOL!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Caesars Entertainment
3  Thank johnjl44

Thanks for the review John. We’re glad we didn't disappoint you. We hope you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I don't usually write reviews, but an excellent experience deserves it -- and other people's reviews have helped me in making good choices. I've had mixed experiences with hotels on the Vegas strip. Some feel impersonal, others are outdated and some are in casinos so large that it takes 15 minutes to get out of the building.

The Cromwell is in a great location in the heart of everything and it's a boutique hotel so it's easy to get in and out. The rooms are really classy and hip (maybe swanky is the right word) with deep colors and leather seating. Even the standard rooms are spacious and well-appointed -- we were with friends and were able to entertain two or three at a time comfortably. The bathrooms are sleek with a great shower with a waterfall shower head. Vibe is upscale, but romantic and relaxed.

But, the main reason we will go back is the personality and personal touches:

I'm not a big gambler, but I liked the smaller casino. It wasn't smoky AND they serve top-shelf liquor on the floor (reason enough to play). Our friends who play table games had a great experience.

The front desk staff and concierge went out of their way to help us. When we were confused about how to access the club upstairs (another amazing aspect of the hotel that has to be seen to believed), the front desk attendant walked us personally over and helped us navigate our way in.

If you like drinks, the bar downstairs - Bound - has some of the best ones I've ever had in Vegas. The Spicy 50 is amazing. Both nights before going out we grabbed espresso cocktails infused with red bull (much more delicious than it sounds).

So if you like the thrill of being on the strip, but want comfort, a personal touch and upscale perks (without high room rates) - the Cromwell is a great option.

6  Thank CourtKnows

Thank you. Your review makes us so proud – because your experience matched our standards and you were inspired enough to let us know. Please come back soon and enjoy more of The Spicy 50!