“Great Service”
Review of The Cromwell

The Cromwell
Ranked #12 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Great drinks and service. Lacking good restaurants and quiet rooms. Easy to escape to several nearby hotels. The Drais nightclub attracts very young partiers making the weekend nights very busy and loud.

Room Tip: Do not face the strip....Ballys is undergoing construction with banging noise starting at 7:30 am.
4  Thank Gary S
AmberOlson, Guest Relations Manager at The Cromwell, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for your recent review Gary. We are glad you enjoyed the drinks and service at The Cromwell. We are sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the restaurant or the rooms but found our location made it easy to get to other nearby hotels. We do hope you’ll visit us again on your next trip to Las Vegas.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,869)

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I've been going to Vegas with a group for almost 15 years and have stayed at most properties on the Strip. We tried the Cromwell this year since it had recently opened and would say that it's a terrific property and now one of my personal favorites on the Strip.

The service at the hotel from beginning to end was absolutely top notch. The woman who greeted me at check in personally walked me to the elevator, and upon check out the bellman walked me to the front of a very long taxi line to catch a flight. And everyone I encountered in between was friendly and helpful.

The décor is modern, luxurious but classic and the standard rooms, while not large, are very comfortable with state of the art amenities. As a boutique, the hotel is much more intimate than most so, while busy, it didn't feel crowded and we didn't have to hike for 10 minutes past every slot machine on the casino floor to get where we wanted to go. It's located right in the middle of the Strip, which was great, because we were a short walk to other properties - giving us a lot of options for great restaurants and entertainment.

The club and pool scene were also a highlight although I'd caution people to get there early since it gets crowded. The day-time pool scene has more in common with a night club than it does with a country club.

All in all, the entire hotel experience was excellent. We will definitely be heading back.

2  Thank EWG2014

Thank you for the recent review. We are glad you experienced our top notch service while enjoying our location and our intimate ambiance. We’re pleased that we are now one of your personal favorites on the Strip and look forward to welcoming you back to The Cromwell in the near future.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Amazing hotel rooms and casino! Can't say enough about this swanky casino and hotel! Hotel room furnishings were sent and modern! Comfy bed with a huge headboard and gorgeous views of the strip and Bellagio water show!

2  Thank Brian V
AmberOlson, Guest Relations Manager at The Cromwell, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for the recent review Brian. We’re pleased you enjoyed the hotel and the room ambiance. We hope your next trip to Las Vegas includes another stay with The Cromwell.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

As mentioned above I cannot speak to the room but can write reams of copy concerning the experience while gambling. I will try not to make it a wall of text but I was blown away by the attitude and professionalism for being what I consider based on the table rates a mid roller joint.
First and foremost five dollar craps in a swanky place like this had my jaw dropping, from the lighting and the music it screams high roller joint not too mention top shelf liquor served in fancy glasses and the free Fiji water, you read that right free Fiji water and yet still five dollar craps/black jack. They have two different "servers" one that takes your order on the tablet and then the actual waitress that brings the drink. Fast, efficient and accurate. I was impressed by the overall professionalism and the geniality of the staff particularly the shift working the craps table. Friendly and seeming genuinely interested in our answers, not to mention irreverent and fun.
I hope the Cromwell reads this, I have also sent a letter to them personally but I want to get exposure for the experience and interaction I witnessed while playing Shoot to Win Craps on the casino floor.
It all starts with Coffee with cream, simple drink no worries right. They serve it in a nice glass with an extra actual little cup with cream. Not a little creamer packet but an actual little cup. The customer expressed his dismay that it wasn't hot enough and demanded they make it hotter and put in a cup that can keep it hotter longer and he wanted the creamer at room temp, so as not to cool down the coffee. The waitress without batting an eye expresses her concern that they don't carry that type of cup but would be happy to get a manager to work something out. The manager and customer discuss it and the manager agrees to get a cup from the Flamingo that will satisfy his request. I need to mention that the customer is not at all polite and appears to be really put off that they don't carry a cheap paper cup. The manager on the other hand was the utmost in professionalism and courtesy and both his verbal and non verbal cues were spot on that he was willing to go to any length to get it right. Eventually they procured the right cup and served it. The customer immediately complained that it was still not hot enough at which point they microwaved it to boiling and served it. The customer seemed non-plussed by the interaction and in fact took one sip and then promptly left it behind on the machine. I was at that particular machine from 6:30 to 11:30 Sunday evening June 15 2014. I did not get the name of the manager but if they continue with this approach the Cromwell will quickly be at the top just for the customer service aspect alone. Kudos to the wait staff and to the manager and to everyone I interacted with at the Cromwell it was a pleasurable experience all the way around. It didn't hurt that I was also winning.

9  Thank lasvegas101

Thank you for the recent review and taking the time to detail what you witnessed. We’re glad you enjoyed the casino and the service levels our staff provided to you. We’ll be sure to share the details you've given to our casino management. We look forward to having you back on your next trip to Las Vegas.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The Cromwell is new and beautiful, clean and in a great location but the star here is the service. Every, and I mean every employee we encountered was friendly, happy and joyed to help. From the moment you pull up you are made to feel at home. Cromwell has put the Boutique back in Boutique!!

The rooms are elegant, plush and comfortable. They are a little smaller than other hotel rooms on the strip but everything is well laid out making the space extremely efficient. We were on the 5th floor and although Drai's had an industry night party on Tuesday the music (Bass) could be faintly heard but not enough to disturb our sleep. Table lamps are dim but if you turn on the light switch at the rooms entryway this will illuminate the recessed light above the couch and chandelier at the other end of the room providing more than adequate lighting.

Drai's and Giada's are but both stunning spaces and must be experienced if you are staying at the Cromwell.

When it comes to a standard room or suite you simply will not find better service anywhere else in Las Vegas.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Flamingo are best as the other side of the hotel faces a wall that appears to be constr...
3  Thank VTS64

Thank you for your review and recent stay. I’m pleased to hear that every employee you encountered were friendly and made you feel like you were at home. We hope you choose to stay at The Cromwell again on your next trip to Las Vegas.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

i loved the rooms , casino, food, shopping and gym . i wish the gym had opened at 5 am instead of 6.
everything is upscale very clean and i felt very safe. played golf at cascada and that was a tremendous experience as well..

Room Tip: my room was huge very quiet and comfortable
1  Thank maxmike54

Thank you for the recent review. We’re glad you loved the rooms, casino, food and more. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Cromwell on your next trip to Las Vegas.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed at this property for a business trip. When I checked in I felt that they have finally got the boutique concept in Vegas. I found the staff professional and courteous. The room was very nicely finished with the exception that there was no desk to work at. I returned to my room at 1 am after playing at the tables and I heard very loud music and felt my room shaking. There is a nightclub on the top floor that I didnt know about prior and that was the first weeknight they were open. I turned on my travel noise machine to drown out the noise but was still kept awake by my pillow vibrating from the bass.I didnt sleep a wink that night as I had to be up by 6:30 am

When I checked out I told the front desk staff and they seemed indifferent.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
12  Thank Mark Z
AmberOlson, Guest Relations Manager at The Cromwell, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thanks for the review Mark. We appreciate candid feedback regarding the noise you heard. With only 188 rooms, The Cromwell offers a unique boutique hotel experience - one that oftentimes keeps you close to all the exciting, non-stop action. For a more relaxing and quieter experience, perhaps you’d enjoy our sister property, Nobu Hotel inside of Caesars Palace, especially when staying in Las Vegas on business.