“Very sophisticated”
Review of The Cromwell

The Cromwell
Ranked #14 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I liked that they asked for room keys before you board the elevators. It keeps the people that are not staying there out. On each floor by the elevator at night there will be fresh lemon water to hydrate. In the morning there was coffee . A great thing to have for your guests. We stayed in a king deluxe room. The furnishings were very big and masculine looking. I feel like there was too much of it. There was a massive flat screen tv in front of the bed. The downside to this room was that it felt too confined due to the furniture and the very small bathroom. There was a toilet room (no door) and a small sink and shower next to it. I did love the tile work in the shower. It was a great experience but I don't think I would stay in the same type room again. Something bigger would be better.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vegasbum45
AmberOlson, Guest Relations Manager at The Cromwell, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us and am glad you had an overall great experience. Since you found the deluxe king room too small, you might be more comfortable in our Parlour Suite as it’s twice the size.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Excellent Service started with the Valet and continued for the next 3 days. Security checked room keys before you enter the Elevator. Our room was exceptional we could not ask for anything better. The location was next to the Strip (some noise) but the bed was so great we went right to sleep. The room was very clean. There was more than enough amenities. Breakfast was served free and was great. Fresh coffee and hot water was available when you walk off the Elevator. All personnel were so helpful and always had time for us and our questions. We hope to return soon. We think The Cromwell is an Excellent choice.

Room Tip: There are under 200 rooms and I think you have a great choice of the North side or the South side...
2  Thank thisisoldnavy
AmberOlson, Guest Relations Manager at The Cromwell, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

I am pleased you were able to experience our high service standards from valet throughout your entire 3 day stay with us. I do hope you stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

The Cromwell is at old Barbary Coast location. It is a fun casino and the rooms remind you of old Vegas cool. Cromwell is centrally located, with a very popular pool and night club. A breakfast was provided and was good.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Phyllis S

Thank you for recently staying with us Phyllis. I’m glad you had fun in our casino and enjoyed breakfast with us. We look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Hip and cool and sophisticated, yet on a more intimate level than it's contemporary Cosmopolitan. This is the new ceasars hotel that replaced Barbary Coast and Bill's Gaming. Avoid top floors or street views (flamingo) views if you want to sleep. Great decor and super duper friendly dealers.

Room Tip: lower and away from the strip (windows are not state of the art/soundproof) and the nightclub is awe...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank kyle m
AmberOlson, Guest Relations Manager at The Cromwell, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thanks for the review Kyle. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed the décor and our friendly dealers. I hope you return to The Cromwell soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Rooms are VERY small and so is casino. There is no where to eat dinner even if you are an "invited guest" of the hotel. I am a handicapped person who had to LEAVE the hotel in 105` temperature to get a nice meal because they do not hold tables in their ONLY restaurant for hotel guests or Total Rewards SEVEN STARS members. The handicap accessibility is terrible with very few ramps.
Rooms are small and dark with barely enough room for my wheelchair. Very crowded casino due to rooftop club and very loud music all night.
I can't imagine who this hotel was built to attract, but they missed the mark. I will NEVER return and will tell everyone I know not to either. Since I was an invited guest with a comp room, that is a very strong statement. I WOULDN'T STAY THERE AGAIN EVEN FOR FREE and would PAY to stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: CHOOSE your room at a different hotel
6  Thank carolenadle
Reviewed 28 July 2014

There are many things to like about this place. The friendly staff, stylish rooms and exceptional complimentary buffet breakfast are the most notable. Workers always greeted us and wished us a good day or inquired about our stay. The room we stayed in was fine for the two of us. It had a parlor-like vibe with magenta paisley wallpaper, a cool leather sofa and unique suitcase-style nightstands and tables. The bed was comfy and the shower was excellent.

The main reason my overall rating isn't higher is because of a security snafu the first night we were there. I hit the sack around 10:30pm while my husband stayed out, contributing to the Vegas economy. He returned a little later after I conked out, but I didn't realize it. So, you can imagine how startled we both were when someone dressed in a hotel uniform let herself into our room around midnight. Thinking it was my husband, I called his name and he said, "I'm right here." Simultaneously, we realized that someone we didn't know had started to enter our room and then very quickly left after announcing they were delivering water to us. John went to the door to see what was going on only to encounter a housekeeper who claimed it wasn't her. Not sure if something more sinister was going on like a scam or something, but it was enough to rattle us.

We reported this to the guest services staff in the morning and they said they'd be sure it didn't happen again and admitted that they had received other similar complaints that night. They sent up a split of champagne and some chocolate-covered strawberries to compensate for the disruption. That was nice, but I truly hope they take steps to prevent this from happening to any other guests.

4  Thank BarbAndJohnB
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Great smaller resort without the big crowds. Great casino hosts with outstanding drinks and food. The outside beach/pool was a little "young" and definitely for the younger adults and party scene. I would stay again!

Review collected in partnership with Caesars Entertainment

I’m excited to hear you would stay again with us JB. It’s great to also hear you liked our smaller feel. We hope to see you back at The Cromwell soon.