“They Lied”
Review of Look Tours

Look Tours
Ranked #153 of 237 Tours in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: Founded in 1999, LookTours offers a range of activities from traditional sightseeing tours to entertainment and adventure activities, as well as popular show tickets and wedding packages. LookTours offers consumers secure and reliable reservations backed by a lowest price guarantee as well as customer reviews, top 10 lists and travel tips. LookTours is a division of Viator, Inc., the world's largest online resource for tours and activities.
Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“They Lied”
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We had reservations weeks before our honeymoon. We were told we would be on a 12 passenger plane. the customer service rep even asked us our weight because the plane can only carry so much. Turns out they put us on a 737. When we returned home and called the company they said the customer service rep should have never told us that and the web site had been updated. I would have never signed up for that tour, the whole reason we were going was to fly in the 12 passenger plane was so you could see more of the canyon. We paid $460.00 for the tour and they are only offering us $61.98 back . Please beware of what you are buying.

Visited July 2011
2 Thank cheated715
ViatorLoryanna, Public Relations Manager at Look Tours, responded to this review, 17 August 2011
Thank you for your review, Cheated715.

We wanted to take a moment to respond to your review, and explain everything that happened.

Ultimately, the misunderstanding about this reservation comes down to an honest, human mistake. The brochure details had been changed only a few weeks prior to the day that you booked with us. Unfortunately, the agent did not know that the brochure details regarding the type of plane used to fly from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon had changed.

The plane ride is only about 45 to 50 minutes one way and you spend at least 3 hours in the park, we feel that the main attraction of this tour is your time in the park. As we are the booking agency, and not the Tour Operator, we refunded our portion of the cost for this booking to you, so we made nothing on this booking.

We are sorry for any inconvenience, and we do hope the rest of your trip was excellent. If you have any further questions you can reach us at support@thereservationcenter.com. Thank you again for submitting your review.

All the best,
Loryanna Michalek

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Clovis, CA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Grand Canyon white water round trip from Las Vegas”
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I would give this tour an A+ for the scenery and the sheer enjoyment of boating down the Colorado River. Five of us payed $479.00 each for the tour. When we arrived in Las Vegas I called the tour company as required and was told our pick-up time and also was informed that a gratuity of $20 per-person to the driver should be a sufficient tip. After spending close to $2,500 on the tour another $100 on top of that is ridiculous. A tip should be determined by the person that received the services and not suggested by a company that should pay its employees better. And worse yet when my husband gave our driver John, a tip with a five dollar bill covering the twenties - the driver counted the tip money and determined it was sufficient. That tells me that the company does not care what you think of their portion of the trip and wants to suck out any monies it can get!
Forget about the boats not being ready when all participants had arrived and the helicopter trip back to Las Vegas was totally a chaotic mess - concentrate on the beautiful scenery and the ice cold water splashing over you under a hot summer sun...

Visited July 2011
1 Thank Cadycat
Miami, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Watch for terms in small letters and hidden fees”
Reviewed 11 May 2011

The flying experience to the Grand Canyon was fine and met our expectations. Our problem was with Look Tours who advertised the tour at the "Lowest Price" (their words) for $296.99. What they had in very small letters is that there would be an extra charge of $40 per person at check in time. Their "Lowest price" statement was misleading as it was very well hidden in the web page. Otherwise the flying experience, the flying time, the Pilot, and the equipment were good. This rating is for their selling advertising.

Visited April 2011
1 Thank Moto8
Merritt Island, Florida
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Was very happy with experience”
Reviewed 26 January 2011

Was worried about the reviews after I booked the helicopter tour to the Grand Canyon. Limo driver arrived 10 minutes late, but once I arrived at airport everything went smooth. Jennifer was my pilot and I loved her happy attitude. I was flying without any of my friends so I got to sit up front the other passengers were a super nice family from Australia. We took off and Jennifer was playing music from Top Gun I LOVED it! then as we were coming up over the ledge to the grand canyon she started playing Indiana Jones which I LOVED evern more! We landed had time to walk around before our picnic breakfast. Jennifer was nice enough to take a couple of pics for me. Champagne was a nice touch as well. The way back we flew over the strip which was a nice end to the trip. I took the early morning flight which I'm glad I did left the rest of the day to play. Would do again.

Visited January 2011
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Las Vegas City lights helicopter tour big disappointment”
Reviewed 3 December 2010

My sister and brother in-law who got married in Vegas last week did the helicopter tour (which I gave them as a present) but it failed to amaze. In total I paid $ 160,00 for a 12 minute flight. In the helicopter the had the back seats which simply meant they had poor view. There was another couple who was put deliberately in the front seats because they bought the tour-dvd aswell.
It is a poor experience as often said. Besides, I tried to email the company a couple of times with questions and they did not come back to me. Poor service as well.

1 Thank RosaV78
ViatorLoryanna, Public Relations Manager at Look Tours, responded to this review, 3 February 2011
Hello Rosa,

We are sorry that the experience of the Las Vegas Night Flight did not meet your expectations. We are also sorry that it sounds as though you might have had a hard time getting hold of us. I wanted to make sure that I clarified a few points, and offered you a better e-mail address to send your concerns to, to try and prevent a situation of a lack of communication from happening again.

This flight is a brief, 12 minute flight over the Las Vegas Strip, that starts with a Champagne Toast. Your expected time at the office is about an hour and a half, with safety video, toast, check-in, and flight all factoring in to the time frame. Seating for flights, as we've been told by the Tour Operator, is based on the weight of the customers more than any other factor. Helicopters must be specifically balanced in order to fly properly. For the safety of all passengers, this means we never book specific seating requests, as the seating arrangements have to be made on the spot, when all six passengers have been weighed, and the appropriate balance can be decided.

If you should ever need to submit any questions or concerns to us, the best e-mail address is support@thereservationscenter.com. Our usual turn around time for e-mails to that e-mail address is about 24 - 48 hours, except on the weekends, when it can take up to 72 hours depending on how busy we are. Again, we do apologize that the tour did not meet your expectations, and hope that your sister and brother-in-law enjoyed the rest of their time in Las Vegas.