“Grand Canyon West Ultimate Helicopter Tour and Western Cowboy Ranch Adventure”
Review of Look Tours

Look Tours
Ranked #154 of 244 Tours in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: Founded in 1999, LookTours offers a range of activities from traditional sightseeing tours to entertainment and adventure activities, as well as popular show tickets and wedding packages. LookTours offers consumers secure and reliable reservations backed by a lowest price guarantee as well as customer reviews, top 10 lists and travel tips. LookTours is a division of Viator, Inc., the world's largest online resource for tours and activities.
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Trust those prior reviews that advise that this company has additional hidden charges that they spring at you on flight day. They did it to me too.

Since I would only be in Vegas for a few days, I wanted to see the Grand Canyon and the Hoover Dam without spending an entire day driving there and back so a helicopter tour was my preferred choice. I decide to go with Look Tour’s - Grand Canyon West Ultimate Helicopter Tour and Western Cowboy Ranch Adventure Tour since it included horseback riding which I have never done before. I made sure to call the company before finalizing the booking just to make sure what was included in this tour and to get what charges were not included in the advertised price that I needed to cover on flight day. The sales agent told me that the only additional charge would be a $40 per person airport charge that needed to be paid at the airport on flight day. I asked her twice if lunch and the horseback were covered in the package price and she told me yes both times. However, on flight day I was told I needed to pay an additional $90 per person to do the horseback riding. I was totally pissed at the fact that they gave me misleading information.

If you can get beyond the hidden charged, the tour itself is ok. The view from the helicopter is good no matter where you are sitting. We sat in the back seat and had no issues. The helicopter ride itself was much smoother than I had expected, but that may vary depending on the experience of the assigned pilot. Our pilot wasn’t as jovial as I would expect a tour guide to be, he didn’t talk much, but he did point out all the points of interest as we fly over them so that was ok. We did fly into the Canyon itself, going below the rim. That was much cooler than I anticipated.

The cowboy ranch was a nice touch to the tour. I was taken back into time (felt like a real life cowboy flick). From the horse drawn carriage that took us from the helicopter to the ranch where we had a tasty lunch and then hitting the trail on horseback.

Overall I had a great time, and had soon forgotten about the extra charge I had to deal with earlier pre-flight. I would recommend this tour with a warning about what the true cost really is.

3  Thank fromyard
ViatorLoryanna, Public Relations Manager at Look Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2011

Hello fromyard,

Thank you for leaving your review here. We're glad to hear you had a great time on your tour. I wanted to take a moment to respond to your concerns about the fees.

It's not always possible for us to take full payment for the tours in advance. In some cases, our Tour Operators require that separate fees be paid directly to them. This requirement varies tour to tour, and city to city. In these cases, we will always have notes on the Tour Information page for the Tour you want to take to notify you of the money you will need to bring with you on the day of your tour.

The easiest place to find any fees we may ask of you, is to look through the "Starpoints" for your tour. The last Starpoint will always be additional fees if we're going to ask them of you. We also list these fees again on the Voucher that you will need to take with you on the day of your tour. We generally send the voucher within 15 minutes to 48 hours of booking.

If you're ever concerned that you may have missed a fee, we do invite you to contact one of our customer service centers, either by phone or e-mail, and we'll be happy to double check for you before you book your tour. I hope this information helps. Thank you again for booking with us, and Happy Travels.

Loryanna Michalek

Reviewed 10 August 2011

We had reservations weeks before our honeymoon. We were told we would be on a 12 passenger plane. the customer service rep even asked us our weight because the plane can only carry so much. Turns out they put us on a 737. When we returned home and called the company they said the customer service rep should have never told us that and the web site had been updated. I would have never signed up for that tour, the whole reason we were going was to fly in the 12 passenger plane was so you could see more of the canyon. We paid $460.00 for the tour and they are only offering us $61.98 back . Please beware of what you are buying.

2  Thank cheated715
ViatorLoryanna, Public Relations Manager at Look Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2011

Thank you for your review, Cheated715.

We wanted to take a moment to respond to your review, and explain everything that happened.

Ultimately, the misunderstanding about this reservation comes down to an honest, human mistake. The brochure details had been changed only a few weeks prior to the day that you booked with us. Unfortunately, the agent did not know that the brochure details regarding the type of plane used to fly from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon had changed.

The plane ride is only about 45 to 50 minutes one way and you spend at least 3 hours in the park, we feel that the main attraction of this tour is your time in the park. As we are the booking agency, and not the Tour Operator, we refunded our portion of the cost for this booking to you, so we made nothing on this booking.

We are sorry for any inconvenience, and we do hope the rest of your trip was excellent. If you have any further questions you can reach us at support@thereservationcenter.com. Thank you again for submitting your review.

All the best,
Loryanna Michalek

Reviewed 1 August 2011

I would give this tour an A+ for the scenery and the sheer enjoyment of boating down the Colorado River. Five of us payed $479.00 each for the tour. When we arrived in Las Vegas I called the tour company as required and was told our pick-up time and also was informed that a gratuity of $20 per-person to the driver should be a sufficient tip. After spending close to $2,500 on the tour another $100 on top of that is ridiculous. A tip should be determined by the person that received the services and not suggested by a company that should pay its employees better. And worse yet when my husband gave our driver John, a tip with a five dollar bill covering the twenties - the driver counted the tip money and determined it was sufficient. That tells me that the company does not care what you think of their portion of the trip and wants to suck out any monies it can get!
Forget about the boats not being ready when all participants had arrived and the helicopter trip back to Las Vegas was totally a chaotic mess - concentrate on the beautiful scenery and the ice cold water splashing over you under a hot summer sun...

1  Thank Cadycat
Reviewed 11 May 2011

The flying experience to the Grand Canyon was fine and met our expectations. Our problem was with Look Tours who advertised the tour at the "Lowest Price" (their words) for $296.99. What they had in very small letters is that there would be an extra charge of $40 per person at check in time. Their "Lowest price" statement was misleading as it was very well hidden in the web page. Otherwise the flying experience, the flying time, the Pilot, and the equipment were good. This rating is for their selling advertising.

1  Thank Moto8
Reviewed 26 January 2011

Was worried about the reviews after I booked the helicopter tour to the Grand Canyon. Limo driver arrived 10 minutes late, but once I arrived at airport everything went smooth. Jennifer was my pilot and I loved her happy attitude. I was flying without any of my friends so I got to sit up front the other passengers were a super nice family from Australia. We took off and Jennifer was playing music from Top Gun I LOVED it! then as we were coming up over the ledge to the grand canyon she started playing Indiana Jones which I LOVED evern more! We landed had time to walk around before our picnic breakfast. Jennifer was nice enough to take a couple of pics for me. Champagne was a nice touch as well. The way back we flew over the strip which was a nice end to the trip. I took the early morning flight which I'm glad I did left the rest of the day to play. Would do again.