“no longer there” 5 of 5 bubbles

CALIFORNIA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“no longer there”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2009

good thing we got to see this show last year...it was a good show and we got our money's worth. We were planning to see it again this year but it's no longer on in the Greek Isles : (

2 Thank TATLOKAMI

Bensalem, Pennsylvania
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“The Best Magic Show in Vegas!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2009

When you go to a magic show and discover that the CREATORS of the illusions that everyone else is performing are in one show, then that's amazing. The great Shimada, Master of Birds, The great Losander, Master of Levitation and the fabulous Kevin James performed for us in the same show! We sat on the front row ans saw these Masters work up close. For us, it was a treat.

I don't think the show is currently running at The Greek Isles but look for it. It's well worth the price.

5 Thank Mama_C_215
St. Petersburg, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favorite experience in Las Vegas!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2008

I took my family, inluding my husband, three kids (ages 5 -11), and parents to this show as part of a week-long family reunion getaway. This was by far everyone's favorite activity of the week. The show was amazing and hilarious, and all the seats are good (it's a small venue). It was also unbelievably inexpensive...such a better value than any of the other shows we went to. It's in this tiny old hotel off the strip, which makes it that much more unbelievable that there is so much talent inside. After the show all of the magicians are out giving autographs. We were late making it over to them but when they saw my son wanted to meet them, they all came running back down the hall to give their autograph & take a picture with us. Go find that kind of personal service somewhere else in Vegas!

1 Thank Maggie051
North West UK
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 157 helpful votes
“A bit quirky, but good entertainment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2008

We had one night in Vegas and I needed to find a show suitable for the kids to watch (aged 6 and 10).

After about half an hour's search on the internet in the hotel room, the only reasonably child friendly show I could find was "THE GREATEST MAGIC SHOW ON EARTH" (the Excalibur show wasn't on that night). Advertised as being voted best show for several years and with several "awards" from magician's guild and the like, it looked good.

Rather naively envisaging a Vegas dinner show, I booked "VIP" dinner and show tickets for myself, Mrs Chris, the 2 children and their grandma to see the show.

Arriving at the place was a bit of a shock. The "hotel casino" is a little run down and you walk through something closer to an English working man's club than a Vegas casino to get your tickets.

The before show VIP dinner is a set "chicken, beef or veg" menu held in the hotel's cafe down the corridor from the small theatre.

The food was very very ordinary, but the service was exceptionally good.

The magic show itself was held in a 400 seat theatre. It's probably worth paying the extra $20 for a booth as they are comfortable and there is a waitress to get drinks during the show.

The compare was funny in a self deprecating way and involved some members of the audience without resorting to belittling the volunteers in any way as is so often the preserve of stage presenters.

He introduced 3 magicians over the course of about 80 minutes. 1 was very good, one, ok and one frankly poor.

But, it was an entertaining 80 minutes and the kids absolutely loved it. You get to meet the magicians and compare afterwards and they sell t-shirts for $5 which they will all sign for you.

Overall, not what we expected and you have to have a bit of a sense of humour, but as long as you don't go expecting a ritzy "Vegas" show and take it on face value, you will have a good evening.

Just don't stop for the karaoke in the bar afterwards.

2 Thank Chriswith2kids
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Seedy place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2008

Let me start off by saying I did not stay at this hotel, but rather went for the "World's Greatest Magic Show". So although I can't comment on the rooms I can give you a flavor of what this place was like.
I just got in from Vegas last night and just had to see what the other reviewers had written about this hotel because it is so seedy and rundown! I also wanted to see what the room rates were like because I stayed at Luxor for $76 a night so based on the what the 'casino' and entertainment areas looked like at Greek Isles, I could only imagine it should be about $20/night.
It is dirty and smoky and dusty and honestly I felt like I was on a movie set. The other people there were like a cast of characters in a Vegas movie where something really horrible happens in a seedy hotel. There were the lounge singers in their 70's, the gambler with the leg brace and eye patch, the hunched over old man working the door of the show and the big haired ticket ladies. The decor is decades old and there is a layer of dust over everything. Actually it was so bad it was entertaining. There are statues behind glass in the hall as you wait in line for the show and the one near the wedding chapel is a dusty old bride who looks like a corpse propped up in a plexiglass coffin. I can't imagine having a wedding here...it is beyond cheesy Vegas, it's sad and sorry.
At the show they try to get you to upgrade your seats for $20 which I think is a total rip off. However, if you have kids and are seated at the back of the long tables it might make sense so they can actually see. BUT I think it's ridiculous that you should even be in that position as the seats should be arranged in a much better way. Or they should just seat short people at the front.

As I mentioned earlier, I stayed at Luxor for much less than the advertised rate at the Greek Isles so I can't imagine there's any reason to have to stay at this place. And I think some of the more favorable reviews on the site must be planted or things actually were better a couple of years ago.

1 Thank katumba