“2nd time round even better, with a touch of prestige”

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #7 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
england
“2nd time round even better, with a touch of prestige”
Reviewed 29 July 2011

This was our fourth time to The great city, and our second stay at The Palazzo. We stayed for eight nights in the middle of July, at the prestige level. Found the check-in at Prestige excellent quick 10mins ten a glass of champagne whilst in the lounge. Room 27728 facing strip was again very good. I do like the sunken living area of the suites at Palazzo, the rooms are more than big enough. The food at The Prestige is fantastic, the breakfast really had a lot to offer. Throughout the day you could have any non-alcohol drink or some of sweets or fruit. Between 5-7pm evening nibbles were served and you could make the food into a meal, especially on Friday an Saturday when we had one of the chefs in from restaurant hotel The grill at Valentino, we did eat after trying the food in Palazzo. The one thing I really enjoy about this hotel is the location, and the fact you don't get everyone coming to the hotel to nosey around so it doesn't become overcrowded, only on Friday and Saturday by the pool you might want to put your towel down early. Visited canyon ranch again very equipment. The staff at prestige are more than helpful would do the Prestige again, worth the extra money, which you do get back in the end.

• Stayed July 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,594)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
appleton
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Having stayed at the Venetian several times, I wanted to check out the Palazzo (checked out real quick).

The lobby is beautiful, the room spacious, the pool small and nice but thats where it ended.

I was not feeling well so I decided to sleep on the couch. I had to call housekeeping for an extra sheet and blanket. Guess they never got the message, I used a ratty blanket from the bed.

We had a small credit for room service so we decided to splurge. We asked for a chocolate croissant and plain bagel as part of our four "pastry" selection. The plain bage came toasted, the chocolate croissant plain. They charged ten bucks for the bagel, I guess they considered this extra. Should I have said something when I checkout out? Yes but I didn't, guess I learned my lesson. I suppose if they had asked how my stay was I would have mentioned it, but they never asked.

The rooms could use a touch up. I suppose its all based on expectations.

I wanted to get credit for IHG priority points. I think they are ashamed of that link up.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank auggiemctavish
ohio
Reviewed 29 July 2011

It really was a nice stay. The layout and size of the room was perfect. It was the little things that made it not quite 5 stars. The marble was stained or dirty and the holes in the linen that made it seem not quite up to expectations.

When we checked in the attendent didn't ask if I should be included on the room reservatiion. Which was quite inconvenient. We had to ask twice for this to happen. I was not able to charge anything to our room until my husband was able to make the request in person.

The bathroom was beautiful!

We never heard a sound from neighboring rooms. The A/C worked really well. Location was perfect.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ChrissyOhio
Monastir, Tunisia
Reviewed 29 July 2011

A beautiful suite overlooking Treasure Island, hotel pools and the strip but high enough to avoid noise.
Highly recommend you stay here, although choice of gambling machines poorer than at MGM.
Asked for room away from elevators - good move.
Take care with refreshment centre - move anything and you're charged a crazy rate for the item even if you don't actually use it.
Immaculately clean, pools superb during the week; noisy at weekend.
Cabannas too close to other sunbeds, so didn't use one. They looked better than MGM and had fine cooling water spray. Too expensive for what they are.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I spent 2 nights here for a business meeting. The room was on the 42nd floor and offered outstanding views of the strip. As is typical with the casino rooms, luxury abounds. Everything in the room reflected quality, and I was pleasantly surprised that nothing smelled like smoke as I have experienced in other Vegas hotels. The ventillation here is excellent, as even in the casino I was not overwhelmed by smoke.

Since the Palazzo is connected to the Venetian, I have to suggest that you stay in the Palazzo as it is much newer and nicer. There is a lot of shopping right in the casino area without needing to go outside. The conference area is great, as they obviously have a lot of experience hosting large business meetings. Even the catering was good, which is quite a compliment for hotel food.

The rooms are not the quietest, as you can hear noise from the hallway and other rooms. I have come to accept this as the standard when staying in a city that never sleeps!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Columbus, GA
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Got a really great deal on a stay here that included a rental car through a online travel site. The hotel is beautiful. I loved the room. Remote controlled window shades, 3 flat screen TV's, a bathroom scale, a closet that the light comes on when opened and an enclosed room for the commode. I still miss the lower class hotel amenities. No coffee in the room. You either get room service or go downstairs and pay $3.50 a cup. No heater in the bathroom. Was chilly stepping out of the shower. You can't use the refrigerator for your own beverages. It is prestocked with charged to your room items. A $17 dollar a day resort fee. Still not sure if I understand this fee. It includes a free paper...we did not want a paper. Includes the use of the gym...we did not use the gym. Includes wi-fi in the room...tried to use this and it worked so slowly (we were trying to check in for our return flight) that we ended up going downstairs and paying $5.77 to do so on the pay computers. The $5.77 included $1 a page fee to print boarding passes. We stayed at a Best Western and the paper, gym use, coffee and use of the computer were all included plus we had a free continental breakfast. Alas, it is Las Vegas and I guess you need to pay extra for that reason.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank iwilltryit
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Convenient shopping, live shows, gourmet food and spa - what more can a girl want? The hotel was luxurious, lots to do without having to stray far from the hotel. We spent hours at the Canyon Ranch Spa! You can get discounts at several of the hotel's restaurants by purchasing a voucher at the Fashion Mall's half price ticket booth.

Room Tip: Sign up as a Grazie member to get possible upgrades