“Wonderful Room”

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #7 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We stayed in a in Luxury King room. We were in a high floor facing the Wynn with a view east and west. The room was one of the most comfortable rooms we've ever stayed in. Staff was excellent and the room was immaculate. There are 3 TVs, one on the Bathroom, one in the Sitting room and 1 in the Bedroom area. The amenities are high quality and the towels are soft!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
PA_GuestRelations2, Guest Relations Manager at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with our Team Members. I am confident that our staff delights in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay.

Again, we truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We hope to host you again and continue to amaze you with our Unmatched Guest Service Standards. We truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

Kind Regards,

Guest Relations
The Venetian|The Palazzo

Reviewed 15 April 2012

This is a more serene, tastefully decorated, less kid-saturated alternative to the Venetian. Beautifully appointed, the large standard rooms, each with sunken living area, can not be beat--V/P hotels offer the most space for the money. It's nice to be able to spread out into the living room area during the stay, especially in our room, which had a great view of the pools and the Strip, all the way up to the Luxor pyramid.

Very secure, with a security guard posted at the elevator bank checking room keys of all the guests. Coffee Bean coffee shop right in the hallway by the elevators for that first morning eye-opener, and Grand Lux and the zebra-striped lounge are right nearby in case you need reasonably priced emergency eats or a cocktail.

The room decor is wonderful, the bed linens very nice, and our room on the 42nd floor was very quiet. Only drawback is that there's no iPod dock anywhere. Kind of behind the times, don't you think? Most 3-star and up places have them in the clock radio.

We don't expect a coffee maker in a Vegas hotel room, so that was no big deal. Gym at Palazzo is a little small--with limited equipment--but we were able to walk the corridor to the Venetian gym, which was plenty large and offered more machines. Not appointed with a beautiful view, like Mandalay Bay, but gets the job done.

Hallways could use a bit of vacuuming--what's up with the Q-tips?--and the "Phantom of the Opera" promos playing at top volume in the elevator get kind of old, but those are minor quibbles. The clientele is well-behaved, the common areas are very pretty, and in general, it's very pleasant to get around.

The hotel location, just outside the heart of the Strip, is very nice if you like a break from the crush of people. With a well-stocked Walgreen's nearby for sundries, a beautiful mall with lots of shopping and dining options, as well as an expansive pool area, this is a fine choice if you don't feel like venturing far from your hotel. Will definitely stay here again. Venetian's looking a bit shabby, so unless we come to LV for a "with kids" holiday, we'll be Palazzo people.

2  Thank TheLilyBean
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We decided to go for a little extra pampering on this trip to Vegas and stayed on the Prestige level of the Palazzo. This allows for private check on the 23rd floor, breakfast in the lounge(juice, coffee,cereal, rolls, two hot items, fruit, yogurt, etc.), tea/coffee throughout the day, a good selection of hot and cold apps between 5pm - 7pm and cocktails, beer, wine from 5pm - 8pm.
Normally, you do pay approximately $40-$50 pp, per day for these rooms but we got a deal by signing up for promotions specials. Given that the average cost of a mixed drink on the strip seems to be about $10, this is a pretty good deal; especially considering the breakfast and dinner offerings.
Service is excellent right from the concierge, housekeeping and everyone in between.
next time we will stay in a regular room because we found so many Happy hour specials at LasvegasWeekly.com that we did not use the lounge very much.

An additional note: AVOID Morels in the Palazzo....just an overall bad experience you do not need with so many other great choices. PJ Clarkes and Max Brenners both in the Forum Shoppes have excellent happy hour deals. $6.00 apps and drinks.

Room Tip: ask for a northeast room. Ours was #25733. This allows for spectacular sun rises over the mountains...
1  Thank SHEAMUSToronto
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Great hotel and fabulous high floor room overlooking Wynn golf course. Very quiet room. Great staff and casino. I've stayed at many hotels on the strip and this ranks as my favourite next to Bellagio. Casino blackjack dealers were top notch. We only ate at the Cafe Luxe which was great. Spent a day at the pool where lounge chairs were plentiful.

Room Tip: Requested high floor and non-strip view as I've seen it many times. view over golf course and de...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We stayed at the Palazzo for one night and was pleasantly surprised at the size. There were two beds and a living area...big enough for our family of four. I liked that there were flat screen tvs in the living space, beds, and bathroom. Great idea especially with kids who want to watch their shows...no fighting over what channel to watch. I also liked that the bathroom had a separate bath and shower. Another thing I really liked was the remote controlled curtains...very convienient.
Two things that bothered me about the room was that there was a mysterious stain on the couch. Ewww! Also, although the bed was comfortable, I found that the bed sheets were rough.
Overall, this is a good room to get if you have a family due to it's size and amenities.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Having been to Las Vegas numerous times and having stayed at many locations on the strip wanted to "experience" The Palazzo. I enjoy and appreciate a nice hotel stay. I did my research on TripAdvisor and read all the reviews. I knew what I anticipated but reality fell far short of my expectations.

We (husband/ wife both mid-50's) arrived Easter Sunday for a 4 night stay. When we arrived at the front desk there was only 1 person in line. We immediately advanced to the front desk and was greeted by Eric. I told him it had been several years since we had been able to travel to Las Vegas and this was our 1st time visiting The Palazzo. I asked if he had an available suite with a view of the strip. He had no complimentary upgrades, but offered to put us in a king bed suite with a strip view on the 39th floor for an additional $45/night. We opted to take this and after being warned about prices associated with moving items in the mini bar (it is "weighted" which means if you open and rearrange the items you will be charged) we were given our room cards to #39732.

For Vegas standards it is a quick walk from the front desk through the casino to the elevators. There is a security guard posted to the entrance of the hallway that leads to the elevators. You will need to show your room card each time you enter this area. Also, notice to the right side is a shop where you can purchase water, soda, magazines, tylenol etc.and on the opposite side is The Coffee Bean. I see several comments about no coffee makers in the room and how far you need to walk to get coffee. The Coffee Bean is right on your way to/from the hotel elevators so it is very conveniently located to your room.

Once we got off the elevator we started the walk to our room. I do not mind a long walk as I want to be away from the elevators and ice machine hopefully in a quiet area. I'm trying to keep in mind it is Easter Sunday and maybe they are short on housekeeping as I step over a q-tip, kleenex and bobby pin in the hallway. All while walking past empty trays lined on the sides of the corridor from room service and brown bags of dirty laundry awaiting pick-up. We easily located the suite and entered the room. All appeared clean and lovely at 1st initial glance. We raised the shade to see the view we had paid additionally for and it was perfect. We were directly across from Treasure Island looking down on the strip and the Sirens of TI show. Then I turn around to go back to unpack and see it...a black plastic knife lying on the glass top table in the sunken living room area surrounded by fingerprints. Guess housekeeeping missed that which as it was so obvious it made me wonder what else was overlooked.

The bathroom was very clean and spacious. As there is a TV in the bathroom and I enjoy watching the national news in the morning as I am gettting ready for the day I located the remote and turned it on, or at least I tried. Looks like the batteries are out, no TV in the bathroom for me. We went our for dinner, spent some time in the casino and decided to go back to the room as it has been a long day. Now we can't get the lights on each side of the bed to come on. Finally found out for some unknown reason they had both been unplugged from the wall.

The next morning we nicely went down to the front desk on our way out and asked if someone could take a look at the bathroom remote. We thought the remote just needed new batteries. A notation was made with an apology and an assurance they would fix it. We return 9 hours later to the room and although, it had been cleaned, remote still doesn't work. We call housekeeping and they offer to come back yet that evening. As we are both tired I just waive it off until the next day and wrote a note sliding it under the remote. On our 3rd day there we now have a working remote in the bathroom.

Speaking of bathroom, what can you possibly do to a towel to make it that hard and rough. It was one of the worst selection of towels I have ever encountered. Luxurious, absolutely not! So we have tickets to go see Terry Fator (worth every penny) and while getting ready I accidentally bump my ear which send my diamond stud earring flying somewhere. I hear a clink which turns out to be the back of the earring lying in the sink right by the drain opening. After a request for help both my husband and myself are now crawling around on the floor feeling for the diamond stud. I find something under the sink and know I've found it but no, it turns out to be the back of someone else's earring as that's a style of backing I don't wear. We did find my earring, but now I'm left wondering how could the floor have been swept and that have been missed?

It did seem to be quiet and you heard very little noise from the hallway. If you are looking for the blow dryer it is in the drawer located in the middle of the vanity. Yes, the room has a safe. It is under the TV in the sunken living room on the left side of the credenza. It has an outlet so you can recharge your IPad while in the safe. The charge for the WiFi is included in the $20 day resort fee. When you sign on you will go back to a home page for The Palazzo where you will put in a code and they tell you what this consists of. The line for the charge should show a zero if it indicates anything other than that I would call before proceeding.

We checked out on Thursday morning only to find out their computer system was going through an upgrade and they were not back online. We had to complete and sign a card at the front desk with our e-mail address leaving the hotel without seeing an itemized copy of our bill. Although, this was not optimally the best scenerio as I would rather dispute a charge while there we did receive an itemized bill via e-mail and all charges were correct.

In reflection, was it an intolerable stay, no. Was I disappointed, yes. You know they say the devil is in the details and that is what was missing. I have stayed in a Four Seasons before and if I were to do a side by side comparison of a "5 Star Resort" The Palazzo pales in comparison.

1  Thank Pinkie56
PA_GuestRelations2, Guest Relations Manager at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Please accept my apologies for the several challenges you experienced during your stay. While I was relieved to learn that ultimately the challenge experienced with the remote for your bathroom TV was rectified, I was disappointed to learn that it took several requests to make this happen. I apologize for this lack of follow through you received while our team members attempted to assist you with this. It is never our intention to cause our guests this unnecessary stress or inconvenience. Allow me to assure you that your most recent experience is not the standard of our resort. I apologize that you were not extended our Unmatched Guest Services throughout your entire stay.

I would like to thank you for articulating the details of your experience. It is through communication, such as yours, that we are better able to monitor and improve services for our guests.

We value your patronage, and hope that this atypical experience will not deter you from visiting our property again. When you choose The Venetian in future, please contact my office directly so I may assist you with your reservation to ensure your next visit exceeds your expectations.

Kind regards,

Guest Relations
The Venetian|The Palazzo

Reviewed 14 April 2012

The hotel is gorgeous, cute piano bar, right on the edge of everything on the Strip, and the suite we got for me and 5 friends was more than worth the money with all the room and sleeping space we had. Absolutely perfect, would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends