“My new favorite hotel on the strip!”

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #7 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Chicago
“My new favorite hotel on the strip!”
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I am loving my stay at the Palazzo. Guiseppi at the front desk was very accommodating and found us a room right away as I was very tired. Our room has a beautiful view of the Wynn golf course and the mountains. I prefer it to the strip view at this hotel. Our room is huge with an enormous bathroom, sleeping area and then steps down to the living room area overlooking the golf course. Nice workout facilities, a small fitness room on the 3rd floor or a huge fitness area that is a 2 min walk down the corridor. Farrah at the Canyon ranch desk was very helpful in explaining the facilities and amenities that were offered. Everyone has been super friendly. I like that there is a Walgreens steps away from the hotel for snacks, drinks, etc. I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank MurphymomChicago
PA_GuestRelations2, Guest Relations Manager at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with the appropriate department heads, so they may in turn, share your wonderful compliments with Guiseppi, Farrah and the rest of their team members. I am confident that each department will delight in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay and we all look forward to your return.

The Venetian|The Palazzo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,590)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 June 2012

This hotel has great decor and there really isn't much to complain about. The conceirge was fast and quick, the rooms were very clean, and the sheets were very high quality. Studying the details of the room decor, I would have to say it should take more than 30 minutes to clean the way they have been cleaning as I have not noticed any dust marks, stains, etc (and I examine hotel rooms like it's my job).

Room service was kinda slow (we waited for over an HOUR) and we had called back to cancel, but they wouldn't let us. Aside from that, the hotel was a great experience.

Oh yeah, and don't forget that the location is absolutely perfect-as it is connected to many other great hotels in the area. I would return here when I back in Vegas which better be soon;)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay at The Venetian|The Palazzo. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations! Still, I would like to apologize on behalf of The Venetian|The Palazzo and our team for your experience during your stay. It concerns me deeply to learn that your in-suite dining experience did not reflect a level of exceptionality. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate department, which always welcomes suggestions for improvement.

Again, I extend my apologies and hope that this atypical experience does not deter you from visiting us in the future.

Lancashire, England
Reviewed 5 June 2012

My wife and I stayed here for the last night of our US trip and we chose the hotel based on TA reviews and getting a decent rate.

The overall experience was very positive but I though it was let down by some small details that really were quite disappointing for such a prestige hotel.

We checked in on Sat night about 6 after a long day on the road. Slightly disappointing to have to queue for about 15 mins at check in but from what I read that's not unusual in Vegas and to be honest all we wanted was to crash so just went with the flow. Check in girl was nice and helpful and process itself was easy and took about 10 mins. We had booked a king size room at the back of the hotel and were offered a free upgrade to a room with 2 queen beds with a strip view but didn't take it as we really wanted the king bed for the extra room to stretch out.

The room itself was fantastic. 18th floor at the back of the hotel with a nice view of the car park and the roof of some other building but, as I said, we didn't really want a strip view as all we really wanted was a nice room with plenty of space to relax and get a good nights sleep before our flight. The suite had a separate seating area with a comfy corner sofa and flat screen TV. Also a decent size dining table and four chairs. Also really useful was the printer/fax/copier which I used for printing out boarding passes. 'Free' wifi as we had already paid the resort fee was decent speed. Room safe and mini bar in fridge which we didn't use as I was too dumb to work out how to open the damn thing!. Excellent size bathroom and plenty of space to put suitcases without them getting in the way. Strangely though a smallish size closet for such a big room. Three TVs in the suite with, bizarrely I thought, the largest one being at the foot of the bed(42" as opposed to about a 37" in the seating area - go figure). Also a small TV in the bathroom next to the mirror above the basin - why?

The bed itself was v. comfortable - nice crisp white cotton sheets. V relaxing.

I also want to say something about the process of arriving at the hotel which was handled very efficiently I thought. We drove our rental car up to the valet parking area which was very busy. Straight away I was asked if I wanted someone to take care of the bags and the guy was right there loading them onto the trolley. He asked for my name, gave me a ticket and told me to call the number when I got to my room. I didn't even have to bother as about two minutes after we got to the room baggage handling called to say our luggage was on the way up and would be there in about 10 mins - and it was. Great service I thought and it was equally smooth on check out with the bags being picked up from the room and loaded in the car at valet pick up with only about a five minute wait.

So what about the negatives?

Well, there were only a few small things that in the great scheme of things are not show stoppers but I felt just took the edge off an overall 5 star experience.

Let's start with room service. As we were only there for one night and didn't really want to venture out we decided to order dinner in the room. Nothing much just a couple of sandwiches and some side orders. When I ordered I was told the food would be delivered 'in the next 45 minutes'. After 50 mins I called to chase it up and was told it would be there shortly. I was given an apology and told a discount would be applied. Sure enough, the food arrived about 10 mins later and they had taken 20% off the bill which I thought was acceptable. The girl laid the table with cloth and cutlery which was nice but a little overkill for a couple of hot sandwiches but nevertheless a nice touch. The only downer was the sides(fries) were cold. My guess, it had been sitting around somewhere waiting. Still, it was now quite late and I honestly couldn't be bothered to complain and wait for some new ones to be delivered as the rest of the food would have been cold.

We also ordered breakfast the next morning. At the time of ordering I was asked if I wanted someone else to clear the dinner table or could the breakfast server do it. I opted for the latter( I'd actually called the previous night to have it cleared but no-one came so after 30 mins we went to bed). When the breakfast was delivered it was obviously a surprise to the server who seemed pretty annoyed at having to clear the table before she laid out the breakfast(she did a great job though and just picked up the entire contents in the table cloth and carried it out like a bag). The only problem was she gave me the wrong check to sign. I didn't check it was the right one so it's my own fault but the amount was slightly different. I called room service as soon as I noticed and they said it was no problem as they would amend my bill. I checked out via the menu options on the TV and they still hadn't amended it but for $5 or so I really couldn't be bothered as by that time we really just wanted to get going.

The only other negative about the visit was having to walk through the casino to get to the elevators. There's supposed to be a 'non- smoking corridor' through the centre of the casino floor according to the signs. It doesn't exist as far as I could see. When we passed through there were people smoking in the first row of slots either side and the smell of smoke was noticeable on us when we got to the room. Not nice if you care about that stuff and as a non smoker I do care.

Overall It was a positive experience and if the rate was right I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank justanothertourist
PA_GuestRelations2, Guest Relations Manager at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to hear that you are happy with your accomodatioins. Still, I would like to apologize on behalf of The Venetian|The Palazzo and our team for your experience during your stay. It concerns me deeply that we weren't able to exceed service expectations during your visit as this is highly uncommon for our in-suite dining team.

Again, we extend our apologies and invite you to contact us directly should you wish to further discuss the details of your visit.

Kind regards,

Athens, Greece
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I go to Vegas every year, usually in June, mainly for the World Series of Poker and love staying in the Palazzo, which i have stayed in 6 times now.

The standard rooms/suites are ideal to stay in, very large, separate sitting and desk area, excellent bathroom, 3 TVs and really nice beds. The hotel provides a variety of amazing restaurants (CUT, Grand Lux Cafe and Carnevino being the ones i like more), 2 relaxing pools (one in the adjacent Venetian) and a great location opposite the Fashion Show Mall and only a short walk to the hotels that are really worth visiting (Wynn, Venetian, Bellagio, Caesars).

The Palazzo is without a doubt my favorite Vegas hotel and i highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared so we may enliven our team members with your thoughtful compliments. I am confident that our staff delights in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay and we all look forward to your return.

Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We stayed at The Palazzo for 2 nights during Memorial Day. Our room was ready upon an early arrival which was a great surprise. The hotel is beautifully decorated, clean & spacious. A great convenience of this hotel is the location of the guest room elevator. Just a short walk from the lobby through the casino. The entrance from the free parking garage is right next to the guest room elevator, as well as a coffee, snack & souvenir shop. We stayed on the 43rd floor with views of LAS & partial views of the strip in the luxury suite at no extra cost. All their rooms are suites & this room was the smallest at 720 sq feet. Very spacious & nicely appointed. The bathroom is large with double sinks, separate tub/shower, vanity area & a door separating the toilet. The bed was very comfortable with plenty of storage for all your things. The living room is sunken as not to obscure your view of the city. A sectional, desk & bar area are nice conveniences. Beware.. the food in the room is weighted so just picking up something will charge to your room. We did not have our room cleaned during our stay, we like our privacy. Plus the hotel is very accommodating. I forgot my toothbrush & they brought it up within 15 minutes of my call. We also had a guest above us who left their TV on very loud & the hotel handled this matter as well. We visited their pool Solara one day which was extremely crowded & no chairs available. They have a service that will help you locate a chair but we just walked around until a nice couple sought us out. She stated that people hold chairs for their friends even though they are not present, so get their early. The pool is nice & has a covered bar area & restaurant. Apparently they have several pools connected on the same path which leads to the Venetian pools as well. The pool, gym & spa are a short walk from the guest elevator. We used the gym & were impressed with the quality & selection of the equipment. A restaurant & Canyon Ranch Spa are located in the same area. The casino is spacious & has less smoke smell than most of the others. Unfortunately, I lost on slots & roulette here. The hotel has many places to eat & shop. The hotel is connected to the Venetian for even more options. We ate at Carnevino for dinner which is very pricey but excellent food & service. We had breakfast at Grand Luxe Cafe which offers menu items as well as a $18 buffet. The food was very good & both restaurants are located on the casino floor. I have stayed at several hotels in Vegas & The Palazzo is definitely the best so far.

Room Tip: If you sign up for there email promotions you can get a better deal. The airport has a shuttle to th...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for allowing us to host you during your recent visit and for taking the time to share your experience. We are humbled to have received such thoughtful comments, for there really is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Your feedback is a testament and reflection of the continued success of The Venetian|The Palazzo’s diligent strides towards personalized and second-to-none service and for our clear and paramount five-diamond vision.

Once again we genuinely thank you for your time and for your kind words, the words that have reminded us of our agreement, ability and empowerment to continue our pursuit of providing our guests with nothing less than the best. And for that, we are forever grateful.

Peak District National Park, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Stayed here whilst at work. The hotel is very efficient and smartly run. I enjoyed the Spa and grabbed a couple of meals, all of which were very nice.

The gym is superb and I would come back here if working in the area again

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank David E

Boston, MA
Reviewed 4 June 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at 8 or so other hotels in Las Vegas and this is by far my favorite for accommodations. The suites are fantastic. The beds are comfortable. The rooms are quiet and the bathrooms are fabulous. Love the bathrobes too. The suite sections, however, are what makes it extra special for me. It gives extra space that I have not found in other standard rooms - and that makes it far easier for a several day stay.

Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with our Team Members. I am confident that our staff delights in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay.

Again, we truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We hope to host you again and continue to amaze you with our Unmatched Guest Service Standards. We truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.