“second best hotel I ever stayes at”

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #7 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Sofitel in Manila is # 1 for me, but the 1280 sq. ft. Prestige Siena suits at Palazzo Vegas had a nice surprise. thank you, for the two nights in late oct. I just wish id been more prepared for such a nice room , I would have changed my planning and stayed in my room a little more. Why go to a resturant when you can call room service and enjoy the best night view in vegas [39] floor. also I had the best hair cut in all my 53 years at the Palazzo. Hot tub outside was a nice way to wake up, lounging around the pools were something i`ll do more of next time. also will eat at the italian resturant in the walk through shopping area.[ missed that'] Spent three days there at this hotel and still did not see everything I wanted. We never gambled , We just enjoyed this hotel and admired the awesomeness of this great Hotel achievement that has been done. Its amazing what some people accomplish in there life and thanks for sharing this with the world to experience. Keep on building awsesome hotels. P.S. Evening pool hours with pool side barbacue service or evening poolside buffet would be great for us non-gamers, Thats what makes Sofitel in Manila #1 hotel for me, { Hint , hint }

Room Tip: Prestige siena suites is the only way to stay at the Palazzo, your trip to vegas will be perfect the...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank boulderlake
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo during your most recent trip to Las Vegas. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and will return.

I am particularly pleased that you enjoyed the service provided by Prestige at The Palazzo. Prestige provides the next level of luxury here at the resort and it sounds like you took full advantage of that.

I am glad that you enjoyed the upgrade to the guaranteed view of the strip from our opulent Prestige Siena suite. Our standard is a suite and we not only provide the largest standard accommodations on the Las Vegas strip, but as you pointed out The Venetian | The Palazzo has some of the best amenities.

I am pleased that you would choose to stay with us again at The Venetian | The Palazzo. I anticipate your return and am looking forward to the opportunity to exceed your expectations yet again.

Reviewed 2 November 2012

The Palazzo is one of the more beautiful casino hotels in Vegas, with great amenities (e.g., spa/fitness with a rock climbing wall, high end shops). We were there for a sales recognition event on the weekend before Halloween so there were lots of people watching opportunities, but nothing obnoxious.

Rooms are very nice, particularly the suites, which have a sunken living room. The bed was great, rooms were quiet and the overall feel of the hotel is very, very nice when compared to many of the hotels on the strip. I appreciated a couple of things about the hotel - the larger than average safe (big enough for a laptop) and the automated blackout drapes (there's a remote by the thermostat).

My room faced the Wynn, which may have helped with the quiet feel - the other side of the hotel faces a noisier part of the strip.

I usually visit Vegas for CES and stay at the Bellagio or Cosmopolitan, and the Palazzo compares well with both (although the Cosmopolitan is a very different style). The Palazzo is attached to the Venetian and shares the spa/fitness center, the shops and piazza (with gondolas and singing gondoliers). There's lots of things to do within the hotel if you have the time.

As a business traveler, I appreciate having access to reasonably priced food options that aren't a big production. The cafe on the 3rd floor (part of the Canyon Ranch spa) was a good place for breakfast. The food choices were healthy with lots of options and the seating area was much quieter than the other restaurants in the hotel. Also, I have several dietary restrictions, including gluten free and the spa cafe marks its menu with GF, making me more confident in my choice. For dinner, we went to Pinot Brasserie and Morels, both excellent restaurants that were able to accommodate my food restrictions nicely.

I had a couple of small service problems during my stay and the hotel recovered nicely on both. I mention this to acknowledge how focused they are on fixing things when you ask for their help. Fabulous customer service!

One point - if you are in a taxi taking you to the Palazzo, make sure they hear you correctly. After seeing a show at the Luxor, we took a taxi back to the Palazzo but the driver heard "Plaza" and headed downtown before we figured out the error.

All in all, a great stay and I'd go back.

Room Tip: I had good luck on the side of the hotel facing the Wynn - this helped since I didn't face the P...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Caryn M
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience on TripAdvisor. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest.

I am particularly pleased that you recognized the unsurpassed suite accommodations at The Venetian | The Palazzo. As the only all-suite hotel on the Las Vegas strip, we are very proud of our standard suites and I am pleased that you valued them as well. I am also pleased you were able to locate dining options accommodating your dietary restrictions.

Again, thank you for your encouraging review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to exceeding your expectations during your next trip to Las Vegas.

Reviewed 1 November 2012

My husband and I spent two nights at the Palazzo in October and we were very impressed! Our room was huge, complete with a sunken living room that overlooked the strip and a beautiful bedroom area. The bathroom was elegantly appointed with double sinks, a water closet, a huge shower and big bath tub. It even had a separate vanity and stool for make up application and such. There were three televisions in the room as well as a full office complete with your very own scanner/fax machine.

Room service food was delicious and very resonably priced. The hotel is located across the street from Fashion Show mall on the north end of the Strip. The Palazzo is connected to the Venetian and it has a dizzying array of restaurants and shops to keep you very busy, even having a Barney's New York as an anchor store and the convenience of a Walgreens just outside the front. There is a canal that runs through to adjoining parts of the hotel and you can actually take a gondola ride - very beautiful! I could spend a week in Vegas, never leave the hotel and never see everything there was to see and do!

All in all, we feel like we got tremendous bang for our buck at this hotel and will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am glad that you enjoyed the opulent luxury suite. Our standard is a suite and we not only provide the largest standard accommodations on the Las Vegas strip, but as you pointed out The Venetian | The Palazzo has some of the best in suite amenities.

I value your patronage and certainly hope to host you again so that we may continue to amaze you with our Unmatched Service Standards and opulent accommodations.

Reviewed 1 November 2012

Went there on business - rooms are huge, biggest I have stayed in on the Strip. So big they have 2 televisions - one in the lounge area and one in the bed area. Casino is relatvely small but very nice. Big plus for me was the Grand Lux Cafe. Most good dining places in Vegas can be expensive, but this was superb, and very reasonable. Only 2 drawbacks for me. 1) The Sports Book - you need to book as its quite small and is all about small alcoves, reclined seating etc. Not what I want from a sports book, I want to wander in and relax. 2) Location. One aspect of Vegas that I really like is the view from the room. Its on the north side so feels out of the way. My only view was of the Trump Tower. Big plus though was airport checkin at the hotel. It shows as a baggage check, but when you go there you get your boarding pass as well. So I go to the airport with no bags, and go straight to security check. Superb.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with our team members. They will truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you.

Reviewed 1 November 2012

This is a "high-end" hotel, so it should come as no surprise that the HUGE rooms and the staff were generally excellent. I'll just try to give some specifics for people looking to stay there.

Room was huge. Bed area first (with its own TV), then you step down to main living area. High-tech window treatments which operate via remote control. Amenities: soap, of course, shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer, q-tips, tissues, iron and ironing board, hair dryer, fluffy terry robe. No tooth paste or toothbrush. Clock radio with iPod/iPhone adapter. Free wi-fi. Expensive bottled water available, but I drank tap with the free ice from down the hall.

Pool area great with lots of seats, though I was here mid-week, so don't know how crowded the pool can get.

The casino and attached mall were nothing special. Long walk to the huge convention facility--if you're here on business, don't count on rolling out of bed and being in the conf room in 5 minutes!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! It is a pleasure to read about how much you enjoyed our opulent accommodations. Our standard is a suite and we not only provide the largest standard accommodations on the Las Vegas strip, but as you pointed out The Venetian | The Palazzo has some of the best amenities.

Thank you again for your review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to hosting you here at The Venetian | The Palazzo many times in the future.

Reviewed 1 November 2012

First off, I didn't really want to go to The Palazzo knowing that my hotel charges might eventually go to support a political candidate who would never represent my interests. (The Palazzo's owner sunk millions into Gingrich's campaign and is a staunch conservative.) However, this place is so lovely that I had to acquiesce when my husband suggested we move there when we found our current hotel down the Strip not to our liking.

PROS:
-Amanda at the front desk was fabulous - she knew her stuff and was extremely helpful in securing the right room for us that met our needs but was still reasonably priced.
- The whole place felt calm and relaxing - even the gaming floor. (My husband found it a little to calm and chose to gamble further down the strip)
- We got a Terrace rooom with an outside private patio next to the pool. You could see the pool, but the bushes gave you some privacy.
- Furnishings were very nice, beds were comfortable.
- in-room office set up was nice if we'd needed it.

CONS:
- Pool area itself wasn't noisy, but there was really loud bass music coming from another area nearby that penetrated even when the terrace doors were closed.
- got a good deal on the room since we were staying mid-week
- Perhaps a bit north of the main action on the strip.....although it is right next to the Wynn and its buffet.
- would be nice to have a bit of separation between the bed area & living area since one can't watch tv in one without disturbing folks in the other.

OVERALL:
- A nice, upscale place that felt exceedingly clean and calm. It was a great place to just veg during the heat of the day and enjoy doing nothing. Pretty public areas and nice staff were a real plus.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! It was my pleasure to share your positive experience with our team. Thank you for your very extensive review and providing so many details and insights. I am particularly struck by the time and extensive detail that you provided future visitors to The Venetian | The Palazzo. I appreciate your thoughtful review and concern to advise fellow travelers of the tips, locations and moments that made your stay so memorable and special.

Reviewed 1 November 2012 via mobile

Beautiful hotel that's quite good value for money for the upper end of price range. The rooms were spacious and very stylishly furnished. Beds were very comfy and bathroom spacious and well equipped. Only complaint are the pillows. They only offer 2 choices - soft and firm. Except that soft was extremely soft and firm was not all that firm. If you like foam pillows with good neck support, this is not for you.
Services at the pool - towels, water, bar - were very nice but pool itself is really small. It's also built in a part of hotel where the sun is blocked by the hotel in the morning and doesn't make appearance until mid-afternoon so during this season of 28 deg celcius days, it could still be too cold to swim even though pool is heated.
The resort has plenty of food choices, some really good (e.g I love Burgers diner) and good casino. Only annoying thing is that they card everyone continually and whilst the first time it's funny and somewhat flattering, the 4th time becomes really off-putting! Note: I'm in my forties!

• Stayed: October 2012
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2012

Dear Guest,

Since you did not enjoy the two types of pillows that were in the suite, I would like to recommend that for your next visit you request a foam pillow. We offer foam pillows complimentary upon request and it sounds as though this pillow might have better met your needs.

I am also disheartened to hear about your pool experience. It appears that you utilized the Venezia Pool Garden. Located on the tenth floor, the Venezia Pool Garden is lush with beautiful plants. The setting is perfect for a day of leisure and tranquility. With two intimate hot tubs and two large pools, the Venezia pool is your relaxation destination. This is by no means the only pool experience here at The Venetian | The Palazzo. We have over 11 pools at the resort including Azure and Tao Beach. As a guest in any tower you are welcome to take advantage of each and every pool experience on property.

Thank you for sharing your feedback and I am pleased to read that your stay was enjoyable overall. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo in the near future.