“Nice people”

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #7 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 5 November 2012

What started as a three night trip to Vegas turned into a five night trip because of Hurricane Sandy. We were in a beautiful suite overlooking the strip, and on a "prestige" package that included the use of the concierge and gorgeous prestige level lounge, wireless internet, the gym facilities, breakfast, drinks, and evening h'orderves and cocktails. When we found out we could not get a flight out for another couple of days, the prestige staff worked with us and got us a fantastic rate for the extra nights including the prestige amenities! They took away a lot of the worry about the added expense and we were able to relax and enjoy the whole visit. I recommend the prestige package especially if you're traveling with a group. The lounge is the perfect place to meet up in the evening and talk before you head out. Some nights we just filled up there with no need for dinner. Oh and the Canyon Ranch spa treatments were fabulous, and their staff is very nice as well.

Room Tip: We had a suite overlooking the strip and were very happy with it. I'd ask for a high floor if t...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo during your most recent trip to Las Vegas. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and will return.

I am particularly pleased that you enjoyed the service provided by Prestige at The Palazzo. Prestige provides the next level of luxury here at the resort and it sounds like you took full advantage of that. I am especially pleased that our Prestige team members when above and beyond during what must have been a challenging time for you.

I am pleased that you would choose to stay with us again at The Venetian | The Palazzo. I anticipate your return and am looking forward to the opportunity to exceed your expectations yet again.

There are newer reviews for The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino

Reviewed 5 November 2012

We went three times at The Palazzo in the past couple years. Every time staying between 7 and 9 nights. Check-in was a breeze, did not have to wait long in line and everyone working at the front desk were really professional and answered all the questions we had. The Lobby is beautiful and I like the fact that we can have free wi-fi while waiting. You have to pay a resort fee, which I don't agree, but it seems to be at many hotels in Vegas. At least you don't pay for parking. We had different rooms on different floors for the three different stays and I don't think there is any bad rooms at The Palazza. They are huge. One time we were looking at the beautiful mountains and the other two stays at the strip. I like the fact that you have a sunken living room. Bathroom are huge also with a separate shower. Beds are comfortable. There bedroom amenities were better the first stay, they since are dealing with a cheaper company. Beware of the fridge. We opened the door, just to look at what was inside, and we got charged for drinks. We did not even touched the drinks. Also we got charged for the snacks. I guess the cleaning lady touched them. Also the three times the bathrooms were not really clean. We could find hair. I had to call to let them know. They are not the best cleaner around. The three times I was there I got bad rashes on my legs from using the pool. Their chemicals are not hard on the skin. It's too bad because they have a beautiful pool. Also if you in the summer, they guys watching the door to enter the pool seems to let anyone enter the pool area. There was a lot of young guys and girls drinking in the pool, loud music. It was not pleasant at all. At think they let too many local girls and guys at the pool. It should be used by guests only. And when you go to the pool with young kids (not my case) you don't want a bunch of stupid drunk people, with beer bottles in the pool around you. We ate at The Grand. Every time the service was great and the food really good. We love the fact that in few minutes you are at the mall. Also we like to play at this casino, we play table and there is a lot's of space, you don't feel too crammed. Lot's of other Dining options also. Like the fact that it is a big complex. Would go back but hopefully they will find better cleaners.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the pools but am disappointed to hear that your skin was irritated after using our pool. Still, I would like to apologize on behalf of The Venetian |The Palazzo and our team for your experience during your stay. It concerns me deeply to learn that the condition of your suite did not reflect a level of exceptionality.
I also apologize about the challenges you experienced with your refreshment center. I am certain that had these erroneous charges were not brough to our attention during your stay as we would have happily removed them.

Again, I extend my apologies and am pleased that this atypical experience will not deter you from visiting us in the future. Please feel free to contact our guest relations office directly if you wish to further discuss.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

me and my husband stayed 2 nights at the Palazzo after a 3 weeks hiking trip in Utah and it was just what we needed after long hiking trips. the hotel is really amazing, rooms are huge and include a really large bathroom and sitting area.
We also visited the spa for a day and it was great, the facilities are great and treatments was amazing as well.

The staff and service is great and helpful as well.

highly recommended

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2012

Reviewed 5 November 2012

I am currently staying in a Prestige Sienna Suite, room 24705 , which I booked weeks ago. The purpose of my visit is twofold;

A) I'm the most senior executive of my company and I'm evaluating properties for our user group meeting. I don't notify anyone in group sales of my arrival, or the purpose of my visit as I want to have the same experience as our event attendees. As a technology company our user group meetings are a crucial component of our marketing efforts. Depending on the venue we could bring anywhere from 300 to 450 users together, plus their significant other, resulting in as many as 900+ guests. I learned a long time ago to carefully evaluate hotels personally as opposed to delegating to my events team.

B) I also have business to attend to this week, some of which I will conduct from my hotel suite, or would have had things turned out differently.

Let's start at the beginning. When I contacted the hotel I made my reservations through the hotel itself, speaking to a very pleasant individual who was helpful. I thought.

I inquired about the furnishings, the floor plan and specifically stated that I wanted a few things for business purposes. They were as follows;

A meeting area that was physically separated from the sleeping area. A Sienna Suite met the requirements.

A powder room for my guests. Again a Sienna Suite met my needs.

Comfortable seating for a group of six. Once again the Sienna Suite met the requirement.

A view of the strip. I was told the Sienna Suite had a view.

Go forward to my arrival today. First and foremost the service provided by the Prestige staff at check-in for my room was exceptional. The gentlemen who checked me in, Peter, was professional and diligent as well. Kudos to the Prestige staff on the 23rd floor.

I also have my brother traveling with me and while his check-in was also professional he had to wait quite awhile for his room to be made available. That's understandable as check-in is at 3 and we arrived much earlier from the east coast. His room when assigned is very comfortable and it faces the strip with an interesting view.

Back to my suite. Frankly I'm disappointed by several things. First my room is in a corner of he building with the remainder of the hotel at a 90 degree right angle blocking a lot of the view. Secondly, much to my surprise, I have a view not of the strip but mostly of a parking lot, not what I asked for at reservation time and given he location of my room a pretty dismal view overall.

To be fair after I inquired about the lack of a strip view within a few hours I was offered another Sienna Suite on a higher floor with a strip view but after spending a lot of time unpacking I didn't want to repack, move and unpackagain.

Next the room itself isn't in the best condition. The desk is chipped and stained, the leather ottoman has visible beverage stains (this is an issue with housekeeping)that I can wipe away with a damp towel. The front door exterior entrance is scratched, dirty and in need of a coat of paint. There is no closet to hang my guests jackets in other than in the bedroom. There is a woefully small TV that looks strangely out of place given the size of the living room and a much larger one in the bedroom...huh?

These might sound like minor issues but my guests, at least those of the fairer sex, would not be happy about the housekeeping and the men would grouse about the TV.

Let me say that the lounge on the 23rd floor is very comfortable, with exceptional staff frequently checking with you offering their assistance.

I'd also like to acknowledge the concierge services which were outstanding, as good as any I've ever experienced at Wynn, Four Seasons, etc., if not better. The restaurants, of which there are plenty, have also been well staffed and the food has been very good.

I'm not sure if the reservations agent didn't convey my needs or something else occurred. By the same token I don't know if my suite's condition is representative of others or not. In any case I expected a much different experience than what I have realized to date. During the remainder of the week I'll evaluate other properties for my customer meetings and given the location and condition of my suite I'll need to conduct my business elsewhere.

In summary this seems to be a nice property with some issues that is very well staffed. I'd rate my experience as a 3.5 out of 5. I only rated it 4 stars as there is no 3.5 and it doesn't deserve a 3 star rating in my opinion.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for allowing The Venetian | The Palazzo to be your host during your current visit to Las Vegas. Your feedback is much appreciated and is very valuable to us. I am pleased that your service on the Prestige level has been outstanding; however, I am very disappointed to hear that your visit has not been a complete success.

I would like to apologize on behalf of The Venetian |The Palazzo and our team for your experience so far during your stay. It concerns me deeply to learn that the condition of your suite did not reflect a level of exceptionality. Since you are currently still here at The Venetian | The Palazzo, I have directed a member of our management team to reach out to you regarding your concerns. Again, I apologize about the challenges you have experienced so far and I want to assure you that we are going to do what it takes to resolve the challenges you have now brought our attention.

Reviewed 4 November 2012

You'll notice several strong ratings for this hotel by others, but I recommend you read what I tell you below before making up your mind about this hotel. Certainly not everyone looks for the same amenities as I do. If you are a big party person and don't care about amenities and this location is important, you might like the Palazzo. So I'll number the pros and cons, and you decide:

Pros: 1. Clean room and nice presentation
2. Adequate view with the strip in the distance and other well known strip hotels
3. Responsive, though not well versed on their own programs.
4. Free self Parking
5. Wii-fi worked

We went to Palazzo under the American Express Platinum card program. $319 per night, but with tax, resort fees, etc. it was about $368.00. It included $100 credit to the hotel restaurants and continental breakfast.

Cons: 1. People do not communicate in this hotel. It took a long time for them to tell me if the Lavo restaurant was included with the $100 credit. Even the Lavo people were unsure. Worse yet, the Lavo Club couldn't tell me if I could charge drinks to the room.
2. The pool is not for fun and play. It is small, square, and shallow. Reasonably good hot tubs. However, it was only open on Oct. 31st from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. They didn't bother telling me this until we showed up at the pool at 4:50 p.m. and they said: "we close in 10 minutes", you need to use the pool at the Venetian. OK. Where is the Venetian? After a 15 minute walk through long halls, past a spa, past a guy running on a treadmill, and finally discovering the elevators at the Venetian, the security guy told us it was closed for repairs. Thanks pal.
3. That brings us to the general lay-out of the hotel. Naturally most of the strip hotels want you to meander through their casinos so you'll spend money. The Palazzo is the same. After you come up on the escalators from the parking area, and we asked three people where the registration desk is -- one worker sent us the wrong way. We finally found it, and checked in. Naturally the elevators to the rooms were not next to the registration desk. You must drag your luggage across the casino to the opposite side to catch the elevators next to the Russian guard.
4. After we left our room and had the pool experience, we spent about an hour making our way to the pool, and second closed pool and finally locating our room--as the security man at the Venetian didn't know how to send us back the way we came; thus another trip through the casino. We unpacked and settled in. $5 for a bottle of water, and no plug in next to the bed to recharge our cell phones. aaggg.
5. We finally dressed for the Halloween costume party at the Lavo with the idea we would have dinner at the Lavo first at 8:30 p.m. The hotel told us the club opens at 10 p.m., we could get a stamp at the restaurant and walk upstairs at 10 p.m. to the club. A little pricey at $191 for two servings of spaghetti, three house glasses of wine, a diet coke and one desert, but we had a $100 credit, so no big deal. 10 p.m. rolled around, and we are now 2 of 3 people in costume, so we headed upstairs to the club. The guard told us "Closed" until 11 p.m. Great, another hour to hang out and miss communication. The club itself is actually pretty nice, good DJ and music.
6. Finally we crashed and got up the next morning for our continental breakfast for two. Naturally drinks were not included, but we received 3 rolls and a little fruit. We skipped it and ordered a real meal.

When all was said and done, we headed to the Cancun Resort/Hotel. Though 3 miles south on the strip, it was far more relaxing, great pool, water slides, great spa, great hot tubs, easy to get around, and helpful employees.

Good luck

Room Tip: If you want to walk a lot with your bag, the Palazzo is for you.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FtWorthinternational

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo as your host during your recent visit to Las Vegas. I am disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success, and apologize for the challenges you experienced. I specifically apologize about the misinformation and miscommunication that occurred regarding your reservation's inclusions and the pool situation.

Since your stay started on such a difficult note, for your next visit I want to recommend our complimentary valet parking. After traveling so far I am certain that it would have been a much more pleasant experience to utilize our complimentary valet parking rather than using our self-parking garage. By utilizing our complimentary valet parking you only need to walk a few steps from your car to reception at the front desk and no walk through the casino with your bags as our bellman will expedite the bags directly to your suite.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the difficulties you experienced while at Lavo. While I cannot speak on their behalf, as The Venetian | The Palazzo does not directly own or operate this outlet, I know they will share my concern as they constantly seek opportunities to improve their service and communication with guests. I encourage you to reach out to Lavo directly to address your concerns about the value you received while dining there.

I also appreciate the feedback you have provided regarding our pool services. I sincerely apologize for the unnecessary stress that this had imposed on you. It is through communication such as yours that I am better able to monitor and improve services for our guests, and I thank you kindly for your time in sharing your experience with us. Please be assured that I do take all feedback and suggestions seriously, and I will look into them accordingly.

The Venetian | The Palazzo combine to create the world’s largest five diamond resort and while this is impressive it can also make finding things challenging. Since you mentioned that you had trouble locating registration and other locations on our property I recommend The Venetian | The Palazzo mobile application for your next visit. When downloaded onto your GPS enable smart phone this application will give you turn by turn directions as you navigate our opulent and large property.

Please feel free to contact our guest relations office directly if you wish to further discuss your experience here at the resort. It is my sincere hope that this atypical experience does not deter you from visiting our property in the future.

Reviewed 4 November 2012

We arrived around 7 pm and checked in within 10 minutes for a 5 night stay. Everyone was very professional and courteous. The room was immaculate and as many others have already stated huge. The bathroom was unlike any other we have experienced. I usually don't take bubble baths because the tubs never seem clean enough but this was an exception.

On the second day the electronic curtains failed. We called maintenance and within 15 minutes an engineer had replaced the the part. The only complaint about the room was that the lights could not be individually controlled as there were sets that were grouped together. There were many activities throughout the hotel and the Venetian which were just delightful. Highlights were the Tao restaurant for ambience (food expensive and mediocre except for the dessert, loud music and too dark) On hindsight would have just checked it out having a drink at the bar; and the canal gondola. We were in Venice, Italy last year and were tempted then but the cost was prohibitive. Our gondolier was from Milan and sang beautifully.

We ate mostly in the two hotels in various restaurants and the food courts and small shops which had surprisingly decent food at reasonable cost. On check out they mistakenly charged us for a bottle of water (from the in room frig) be aware that the snacks on the shelf above are weight sensitive; but they corrected it without a fuss. We had no problem with theft and used the room safe every day. However, while checking out the lady next to us was very distraught about stolen items from her hotel room and complained loudly to the manager. Generally we go to Vegas every two years and stay on the strip, never at the same hotel twice but next time we will be staying at the Palazzo again

Room Tip: We were on the 34th floor and had a view of the mountains and part of the strip. Any of the higher f...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with our team members. They will truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you.

Thank you for your very extensive review and providing so many details and insights. I am particularly struck by the time and extensive detail that you provided future visitors to The Venetian | The Palazzo. I appreciate your thoughtful review and concern to advise fellow travelers of the tips, locations and moments that made your stay so memorable and special.

Thank you for the detailed dining recommendations that you provided for your fellow travelers. With over thirty restaurants and nine James Beard award winning chefs, The Venetian | The Palazzo truly combine to create the unrivaled culinary capital of the world. The restaurants you mentioned bring back culinary memories of my own and I am pleased that you have such fond feelings for them as well.

I value your patronage and certainly hope to host you again so that we may continue to amaze you with our Unmatched Service Standards and opulent accommodations.

Reviewed 4 November 2012

We stayed 1 night here for my 30th birthday. The service is amazing, very friendly, polite and helpful. We were upgraded and given food and meal vouchers for my birthday. The room was beautiful and we had an awesome view. The location is perfect, you are right in the buzz of the strip. I rang to ask if we could check out later and it was not a problem and at no extra cost, they even answer their calls by greeting you by your name, which is a nice touch of service. The pool is overshadowed by the building, but you can use the Venetian pool next door, which is amazing.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! It is a pleasure to read about how much you enjoyed our opulent accommodations. Our standard is a suite and we not only provide the largest standard accommodations on the Las Vegas strip, but as you pointed out The Venetian | The Palazzo has some of the best amenities.

Thank you for the privilege of hosting you during your 30th birthday celebration! Congratulations on this special milestone and I am pleased that The Venetian | The Palazzo enhanced and contributed to your celebration.

Thank you again for your review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to hosting you here at The Venetian | The Palazzo many times in the future.