“Best location on the strip”

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #7 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Columbus, Indiana
“Best location on the strip”
Reviewed 18 November 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Palazzo for four nights last week, as he had a work related event to attend. We'd never stayed at this resort, but have probably been to Vegas at least a dozen times in the past. This was, by far, the cleanest room I've been in. The suites are indeed very spacious. The casino is smaller, but I like that. We ate at Morels twice. Once for breakfast( the bloody Mary cart is fantastic), and sat on the patio once for lunch. Again, a delicious and fresh nicoise salad and glass of wine were perfect. Ate at Lavo for dinner once, and the atmosphere is great. Service was attentive and polite, and the meal was good (but did not blow us away). Ate at Delmonicos for dinner, and the portions were too big. Serving a steak that fills up the plate was overwhelming. My husband and I could have easily shared, but steak sizes were not on the menu, and the waiter didn't give us any indication that it was Fred Flinstone sized. Anyways, I felt bad for wasting so much food.

I like the fact that this hotel is connected to the Venitian by way of the Canal Shoppes. Everything was easy to navigate. The very best part of this resort, in my opinion, was the Canyon Ranch Spa. I spent the entire day there while my husband was working. Spa access is included with the daily resort fee, so it is free. You do have to pay for anything you might want at their grill, or any special spa services (Kym gave me a wonderful facial...it was so relaxing). The gyms, rock wall, and Aquavana spa are all included. They were good to give me a tour of all the Spa features and issue me a locker, robe and sandals for my visit. This spa is not owned by the hotel. Canyon Ranch leases the space from them, and they do a fantastic job. Wish I would have gone there every day, but I didn't try it out until the end of our trip.

Your resort fee includes wireless access in your room, so unless you care about having a glass of champagne at a private check in area, a continental breakfast, and a 5-8 pm cocktail hour ( we knew we would never use these things), the prestige upgrade is probably not necessary. We decided to save the .$100/day and go to Morels for breakfast instead.

The only negative I would say is that the decor behind the front desk is rather odd. I expected something a bit more opulent, as the rest of the hotel looks that way. There is a fascade of a wooden Italian villa behind the desk area, and it looks out of place. Overall, great location, beautiful rooms, many good food choices and a more mature clientele . We would stay here again.

Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank RunningMom47201
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, 19 November 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo. Thank you for your very extensive review and providing so many details and insights. I am particularly struck by the time and extensive detail that you provided future visitors to The Venetian | The Palazzo. I appreciate your thoughtful review and concern to advise fellow travelers of the tips, locations and moments that made your stay so memorable and special.

Thank you for taking the time to recommend Morel's French Steakhouse. Beyond the wonderful cuisine this restaurant also offers outdoor strip dining and that makes for an unforgettable epicurean experience. Thank you for sharing your recommendation with future guests.

Thank you for the detailed dining recommendations that you provided for your fellow travelers. With over thirty restaurants and nine James Beard award winning chefs, The Venetian | The Palazzo truly combine to create the unrivaled culinary capital of the world. The restaurants you mentioned bring back culinary memories of my own and I am pleased that you have such fond feelings for them as well.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your trip and I look forward to the honor of serving you on each and every future trip to Las Vegas.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,710)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kirkland
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Stayed only one night midweek during a quite time. The hotel is connected to the Venetian and the Sands Expo center. The check-in process with the lines could be daunting, but no-one was there so it was easy. That is not a five star way of checking in. The staff were helpful enough. To get to the rooms you have to walk through the casino. Again not five star. The rooms were spacious modern and I have no complaints. With time this will not age well. It was money spent to look grand at the beginning and the look is almost dated already. Bed was comfortable enough. I have stayed at several properties in Vegas and this is not up to the Mandarin level, nor THE hotel level. However the rate was superb so I can't really complain.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo as your host during your recent visit to Las Vegas. I am disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success, and apologize that we did not exceed your expectations during your visit. Please feel free to contact our guest relations office directly if your wish to further discuss the most recent experience.

Lombard, Illinois
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Our room at the Palazzo was great--large enough for four people, with an absolutely amazing shower and nice amenities (three TVs, comfortable beds, etc).

The hotel itself is gorgeous, with a nice gambling area featuring a variety of table limits. We didn't think we'd gamble much at Palazzo, but their $10-15 roulette tables were a good surprise.

The only downside was customer service. We mostly had a good experience with their staff, but when my wife tried to deliver beers to our room, it became almost impossible to get them. We called room service late on Friday night, and were told that the guy who handles delivering stuff wasn't available. We called back at 9 am and got the same answer--basically, no one was going to help us. So, we called back at 5 pm and got transferred to a voicemail box. My friend finally called back and refused to be transferred again--that got their attention, and we finally got our beers. For such a great hotel, that kind of service is inexcusable.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo as your host during your recent visit. I am pleased that you enjoyed our opulent suites and accommodations, but was disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success, and apologize for the challenges experienced with in suite dining.

I was relieved to learn that ultimately the beers you ordered were delivered to your suite, however, I was disappointed to learn that it took several requests to make this happen. I apologize for this lack of follow through and for the lack of professionalism you received while our team member attempted to assist you. It is never our intention to cause our guests this unnecessary stress or inconvenience. Allow me to assure you that your most recent experience is not the standard of our resort. Typically, our property has the reputation of providing unparalleled service and accommodations. I constantly strive to provide each patron with our Unmatched Guest Services, creating a restful, relaxing and memorable visit. I do apologize that you were not extended our Unmatched Guest Services throughout your entire stay.

I would like to thank you for articulating the details of your experience. It is through communication, such as yours, that I am better able to monitor and improve services for our guests. Additionally, I am able to make certain that our team members are adhering to our Unmatched Guest Service Standards.

I value your patronage and am pleased to read that this experience did not dampen the overall positive impression of the resort. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo the next time your travels take you back to this fabulous city.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2012

We have stayed in this hotel once previously 2-3 years ago and were pleased to find the standards were still the same and the rooms were still well maintained. At check-in I was offered a number of upgrades which I declined but I did try to obtain a later check out, which from online reviews appears to be quite difficult to achieve without charge and indeed it was as I was only offered 1 hour extra free of charge without paying half the listed room rate for a 6pm stay.

WiFi is available in the mandatory resort free of $20 + tax per day and was fast although annoyingly it seemed to re-authenticate every few minutes and default to the web page of the Palazzo, it worked well for streaming via YouTube though.

We tried the room service for a late breakfast which took 1 hour to arrive, we were advised it would be 45 minutes. The waiter found the toast had been missed from our order and was very apologetic, returning 20 minutes later with the toast, a large selection of fruit and pastries and 50% of the cost of the bill which we thought was excellent. The food was good quality and worth the wait although this is something to bear in mind if in a hurry.

We like to play casually on the slots and didn't really like the Palazzo Casino as it always seemed very noisy and smoky at least compared to the Wynn next door which always seemed much more laid back and the drinks service and offers associated with signing up to their Red Card are excellent.

Despite the casino not being our preferred location this hotel is of a very high standard and I think it would be difficult for anyone to fault the standard of the rooms or service provided.

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank steve4747_uk
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! It is a pleasure to read about how much you enjoyed our opulent accommodations. Our standard is a suite and we not only provide the largest standard accommodations on the Las Vegas strip, but as you pointed out The Venetian | The Palazzo has some of the best amenities. Still, I would like to apologize for your dissatisfaction in the casino during your stay.

Thank you again for your review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to hosting you here at The Venetian | The Palazzo many times in the future.

Belfast
Reviewed 17 November 2012

They say this is one of the big top three in Vegas and I can see why. A great location, beautiful suites amazing restaurants for all budgets, mini Venice and did I mention the casino?
Yes at times you feel you are in a busy train station with the constant flow of guests coming and going and it seems all the deprived American smokers come to Vegas to smoke in the casinos and bars. But a great hotel makes guests feel they are the first people to use their bedrooms and so it is here. The rooms are absolutely minted and for $200 a night go for it. Don't be tempted to save a few bucks by staying somewhere cheaper. We went to the Starlight Theatre in the Riviera hotel a four star hotel. Walking through the Riviera made us appreciate just how good the Palazzo is. For breakfast it's hard to go by the Grand Lux Cafe in the hotel. A great value buffet breakfast for $17.
I actually can't find fault with this hotel so go for it!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HenryV111
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with our team members. They will truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you.

I value your patronage and certainly hope to host you again so that we may continue to amaze you with our Unmatched Service Standards and opulent accommodations.

houston
Reviewed 17 November 2012

The Palazo is tastefully done and classy, which is both hard to find and hard to pull off in Vegas. It is not overly flashy in the lobby nor rooms which makes it somewhat unique for the area.
Stayed for a conference. Conference rooms nice. Rooms very spacious and well done. No view in most of them, but then again, the main views from any vegas hotels are of the strip anyhow. The pool looked nice. Work out facilities nice. Smoke factor in the place was low for Vegas, still a fair amount wafting from the Casino there though.

Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo and your generally positive review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you found the suite and property conducive to business.

With over one millions square feet of meeting space and one of the country’s largest unobstructed ballrooms The Venetian | The Palazzo is ready for business. Additionally, every suite has a living room suitable for smaller business meetings, as well as, an in suite fax and copy machine.

Thank you again for your positive review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to your return each time that business brings you back to Las Vegas.

New York, NY
Reviewed 17 November 2012

This was my first time in Vegas with my husband....last time there was at the Mgm 12 years ago, so i don't have much to compare it to in Vegas. With that being said, the room was huge and beautiful with very comfy beds. When i complained about the pillows, they brought me ones that were perfect for me. They have awesome restaurants onsite (loved delmonicos and bouchon)...Spa and shopping very good too. Also like that you have the options inside the Venetian too!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. I was so pleased to hear that when you encountered your only challenge, our team assisted you directly bringing you a pillow that was to your satisfaction.

There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with the appropriate department heads, so they may in turn, share your wonderful compliments with their team members. I am confident that each department will delight in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay.