“Great stay at the Palazzo”

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #7 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Stayed at the the Palazzo for the second time over Easter and found the resort to be everything we wanted. The suites are large and very well appointed. Had a strip view which was great. We dined at four or five restaurants in the Palazzo/Venetian complex and never had a bad meal. The service was great from check in to check out and we would definitely stay here again. Special mention to Jane at the concierge desk who booked us great show tickets and dinner reservations. The Palazzo is a beautiful resort with great architecture, a wonderful place to stay in Vegas

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am especially pleased that you recognized Jane’s unmatched guest service. I have forwarded your compliments to her director and manager so that they can recognize her on a job well done. Thank you again for choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

VP of Hotel Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (15,985)

Reviewed 6 April 2013

We stayed here using Priceline for 2 nights. We bid for one night on the first reservation, then had the option to extend additional nights. Therefore we had two individual reservations, one for each night. Check in was quick. We asked for quiet room and got a room on the 8th floor at the end of the hall away from the younger, noisy groups on the other side. Room is quite large with sunken living room, with view of pools below, Treasure Island across the street and Trump Hotel from a distance. For the price we paid, the value was incredible. The room is quite clean and the bed was very comfortable. Bathroom is large with a TV in the corner near the ceiling. There are hallway mirrors in between the rooms which are really nice. There is a full length mirror inside the room opposite the bathroom. The sheer cloth shade can be controlled by the remote to raise and lower it. The room carpet is torn in some places near the edge connecting to the tile area. Overall carpet condition is ok. It probably needs to be replaced in a year or so. Public spaces are quite clean except for the smoke-filled casino. They boast smoke-free corridor in the middle of the casino where you walk to and from your room. However, I am very sensitive to smell and can detect it. That is the caveat of most hotels I've seen in Vegas. You have to pass through the casinos in order to go to the shows and rooms. Therefore you are exposed to 2nd hand smoke event though you don't stay in the casinos to gamble.

I used the exercise area one morning. It has lots of cardio machines and some nice weight equipments and hand weights. However, the room isn't large and the machines are very close to each other, but was adequate for my purpose.

We bought pastries at one of the shops in the hotel. Price and interaction with the cashier were average.

Location of the hotel is north of the strip, only about 10 min walk to Bellagio but the walk to the other end of the strip is a little longer. It's best to walk rather than take the cab because traffic was horrible. Lots of cabs on the street. We were there during Spring Break though. However, the hotel is close to the Mirage and Bellagio where we saw 2 Cirque du Soleil shows. It is also about a block from the Express bus stop to downtown and the North Premium Outlet.

Our living room sofa had missing button, not a big deal. The comforter was torn at the edge (see picture). Also the water pressure in the shower was weak. We stored a bottle of water in their refrigerator/refreshment center but was charged for a few refreshment items after we checked out. Apparently by changing the weight of the frig by adding or moving some stocked items caused the weight sensors to trigger the charge. I talked to a manager after I saw the charge on my credit card and she removed it. I was told that at check-in the desk person should have mentioned to me that I could request an empty frig for use with my own items.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo as your host during your recent visit. I am humbled to have received your insightful comments, for there really is no greater way to improve our services than by receiving truly vital feedback from a valued guest.

I truly appreciate that you have so graciously allowed me the opportunity to learn about your recent experience, and I also appreciate the feedback you have provided regarding our refreshment center and the smoking in our casino. I sincerely apologize for the unnecessary stress that this imposed on you. Please be assured that I do take all feedback and suggestions seriously, and I will look into them accordingly.

I am pleased that this did not dampen your spirit or take away from the other aspects of your stay that exceeded your expectations. I hope to have the privilege of serving you on many more visits to The Venetian | The Palazzo in the near future.

Reviewed 6 April 2013

Great hotel . Were upgraded free to a view room . Rooms are MASSIVE ! ! and so clean .ONLY downside ( is there really a downside being in Vegas ?? ) is the walk from the room to the lobby . Can take up to 10 minutes . Longer if you get lost .
Would go there again no probs .

Room Tip: Pay attention to how you get to your room 1st time as it can be easy to get lost .
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. It was my pleasure to share your positive experience with our team. They truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

We would definitely stay at the Palazzo again - really nice property at the perfect spot on the strip! We stayed in the Luxury View Suite, and for one of the lower priced rooms in the hotel, it was large and warm with a good vibe. The couch and bed were super comfortable, the bathroom large with a huge bathtub and separate shower.

We had a nice view over the pool where you could see mountains in the background, and had quick access to shops (very high end, we only went to the Banana Republic which was a really nice store) and a lot of amazing restaurants (ate at two of Emeril's restaurants - Table 10's BBQ Shrimp appetizer was the best shrimp I've ever had and Delmonico Steakhouse was amazing overall). The Walgreens was super close, which was convenient too.

I would've given this room an excellent rating, except there was no fridge other than the pay one, no cups/glasses in the room, no HDMI ports on the TV's, and the lights were way too bright and awkward to use. The wireless internet was really fast and easy to set up and the room was still really great though!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo and for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. I truly appreciate that you have so graciously allowed us the opportunity to learn about your recent experience, and we also appreciate the suggestions and feedback you have provided. Please be assured that I do take all feedbacks and suggestions seriously, and I will look into them accordingly. I truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

I recently stayed here for 3 nights at a work event. First off, the Palazzo / Venetian complex is fantastic - truly a wonder of the world. You could spend a very enjoyable vacation here without ever leaving the resort. The architecture is amazing - having been to Venice, I was pleased to find that it actually did evoke very pleasant memories of that city.

The room, however was a complete disappointment and not at all what I would expect from a hotel of this standard. For some reason I was assigned a disabled accessible room (which I did not want or ask for). The closet was tiny - there was room to hang up perhaps 5 or 6 items of clothing. The ironing board provided was pathetic - about two foot long with no leg supports to speak of. It was very difficult to prepare my clothes. The furniture in the room (sofa, coffee table) was pretty old and worn. The fixtures in the bath / shower were actually coming off of the wall. I had to hold the shower head in my hand to wash. I was unable to turn the handle to put the shower on full (water was still coming out of the tap). The handle on the in-room safe was also partially torn off (I was slightly weary of using it in case it broke completely). I did make all of these concerns known to the front desk when I was checking out.

These might seem somewhat minor considerations but when a hotel pitches itself at this standard, nothing less than perfect can reasonably be acceptable. I did see some other rooms at the hotel which were very impressive in comparison.

In summary - you can have an amazing stay here, but take care that you're not given a sub-standard room.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank IrishWeather
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo as your host during your recent visit to Las Vegas. I am disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success, and apologize for the challenges you experienced. I take these matters very seriously and I am disheartened to read that a resolution was not reached. Should you wish to further discuss your challenges please contact our Guest Relations department.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

This place is beautiful. Eye candy indeed. After a nice arrival (great bell service and check in) and security finding a necklace that my daughter somehow lost between check in and getting to our room..I was ready to give this place as high of marks as I could. But at the end of the day, you are here to get quality sleep when you want it, and that just wasn't going to happen here. Our mattress was so worn out on one side it felt like sleeping on the side of a hill. And they cheaped out on the walls in this place. Beautiful wall paper, but these walls don't stop any noise. We heard noise from parties in other rooms, water running every time someone else flushed or took a shower, hallway noise all night long...as well as every police and fire truck siren all night long (literally dozens). And we were on the 34 floor.
And don't buy into their statements that they heat their pools to 80 some degress. Lie. Water was ice cold.
The water stains on the counters in the bath and living area were pretty bad. The surface was ovbiously not adequately sealed (cheaped out again) and looks horrible.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo. After saving for so long and traveling so far it breaks my heart that your stay was not a complete success. I would like to apologize on behalf of The Venetian | The Palazzo and our team for your experience during your stay. It concerns me deeply to learn that your suite condition did not reflect a level of exceptionality. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate department, which always welcomes suggestions for improvement.

Again, I extend my apologies and invite you to contact our Guest Relations department directly as I would like an opportunity to gather more details of the challenges you experienced and do what it takes to earn your future loyalty. It is my sincere hope that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations on a future visit.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

A superb value for the money. A wonderful resort hotel with outstanding ammenities, a friendly and ver helpful staff, outstanding restaurents and shopping. Conveniently located on the Las Vegas Strip The Palazzo is close to other major hotels and the major shopping mall in Las Vegas. The rooms are a super bargain and are some of the best in Las Vegas. We have stayed at many other major properties in Las Vegas. None match for the price what The Palazzo has to offer.

Room Tip: Ask for high floors facing the Las Vegas Strip.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you sharing your positive feedback regarding The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am pleased to read that The Venetian | The Palazzo have earned your loyalty. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo each and every time your travels take you to this fabulous city.