“Beautiful place, but watch for hidden fees”

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #8 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 20 November 2013

It's pretty standard for a Las Vegas hotel, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. I particularly enjoyed my east-facing room...it had a beautiful view of the sunrise, mountains, and Wynn golf course. The "resort fee" I was charged at check-in was a bit annoying as it was not disclosed prior. However, I did manage to get that fee removed by simply contesting it at check-in.

Room Tip: North wing, facing East (away from the strip) rooms are quiet with a beautiful view of the sunrise o...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian|The Palazzo as your host for your recent visit to Las Vegas. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest.

While I was pleased to learn that your overall stay was enjoyable, I was disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success and deeply apologize for any miscommunication regarding the Daily Resort Fees. Many guests enjoy the abundant benefits that the resort fee offers. Our Minimal resort fee allows you to enjoy the fitness center at the world-famous Canyon Ranch SpaClub, Unlimited in-suite, high speed internet access, unlimited local and toll-free telephone calls, daily newspaper, free boarding pass printing, one free regular coffee or tea at Café’ Presse, and one 2-for-1 well drink, house wine or domestic beer at our casino bars and lounges. I sincerely apologize that all the benefits of the resort fee were not clearly explained to you.

We truly appreciate you taking the time to write to us after your recent stay. We hope to host you again and continue to amaze you with our Unmatched Guest Service Standards.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

This was my first stay at the Palazzo and it was fantastic! My room was spacious and luxurious, my view of the strip memorable and the overall visit was memorable. Throw in the shopping and I was hooked! Will definitely return to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lisa L
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am pleased to read that you experienced a very memorable stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I always wanted to show my new wife Las Vegas (not that there's an old one she would like to point out) and boy the Palazzo didn't disappoint. We booked a suite with strip view which turned out to be larger than expected, certainly larger than required.

The best aspect of the suite was the big bathroom - which contained a large bath that easily fits 2 and a shower. The bed was huge. There is an L shaped couch and 3 TVs in total (1 in bathroom).

The casino floor is quiet compared to most others.

We got a late check out, but they would only give us an extra hour.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the privilege of hosting you during your Honeymoon celebration! Congratulations on this special milestone and I am pleased that The Venetian | The Palazzo enhanced and contributed to your celebration. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the opulence of your suite and I anxiously anticipate many more opportunities to host you again in the future!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

First time at The Palazzo and we were amazed!! The room was very clean, and we chose a non smoking room and there was NO smell of smoke. We have stayed at other hotels on the strip and our non-smoking rooms had a little smell of smoke. We were surprised by the size of our suite and bathroom. We could hear very little noise from other rooms (other hotels you could hear people in the room next to you) and the hallway was not as noisy as other hotels on the strip. Sushisamba was awesome and we also had some drinks and appetizers at Otto Enoteca Pizzeria and it was very good. Our experience was outstanding and we will definatly be back in the future!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to read that The Venetian | The Palazzo exceeded your expectations and provided you with unmatched service and accommodations. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort in the near future.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Even though this trip and resevations were part of the very big SEMA Show at the Las Vegas Convention Center, the room and all the staff treated us like every guest should be treated. From check-in to check-out, the Palazzo was first class in every spect of our stay...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing you experience on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to read that The Venetian | The Palazzo provided a restful place to stay while traveling for business. I look forward to welcoming you back each and every time that your professional or personal travel takes you to Las Vegas.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Stayed at Palazzo several times. Never disappoints. Check in was a breeze. Arrived at 1pm and room was ready. Requested refrigerator for medical use and was sent right up to the room. The service at this hotel is always first class. Used the Canyon Ranch Spa for the first time. Wonderful experience. Would recommend to anyone wanting a relaxing experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. Exceeding each and every guest’s expectations is our specialty here at The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am pleased to read your kind words and thank you for sharing them. I look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back and exceeding your expectations again in the near future.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I recently stayed at the Palazzo during a marathon in Las Vegas, November, 2013. Check in was smooth, having only to wait about 15 minutes for a room to become available. I arrived at check in around 2pm. The room itself was beautiful, great furnishings, clean, very large. Definitely a great room to be in while in Las Vegas.

I had an opportunity to eat at Noodle Asia and Table 10, both a short walk from my guest room at the Palazzo. I enjoyed all the amenities this property had to offer, and no complaints there.

The only thing that was not satisfactory to me was the housekeeping. In the morning, I left for sightseeing and to get some food. Upon returning at 2pm, I noticed I left the 'do not disturb' sign on my door. So, needless to say, the room had not been made, no fresh towels for shower, etc. The problem I faced was I was running in the marathon and would require fresh (or at least dry) towels after my run. I called the front desk at 2:45pm and requested the room to be made up. They indicated it would be done. I left at 3:30pm and they had not yet cleaned the room, however they were in the hallway cleaning other rooms. I made a request to the cleaning staff that I would be gone for a few hours to run and my room had not been made up. She acknowledged and I went on my run. Upon returning at approx 7:30pm, I returned to my room to find it still had not been made up. I ended up showering and drying off with one of the robes I found in the closet. I called the front desk and requested that they at least bring me fresh towels for the morning, as I was leaving to fly home the next morning. They said they would leave them in my suite. I left the room again from approx 10pm until 1am, and when I returned I found my room still unmade, and still no fresh towels. I felt this was unacceptable service, especially for a fancy hotel. I called AGAIN to the front desk, and requested towels to be brought to the room. I indicated to him that this was the 3rd time I have called for this service and all I got was a "ok, I'll send someone up with towels". Staff really didn't seem to care that they were providing substandard service.
Well, the 3rd time was a charm, and I received 6 towels from an employee about 15 min after my phone call.

Overall, I enjoyed this hotel for it's large rooms, nice furnishings, comfortable bed, good location, and good restaurants. The service this time was completely unacceptable for a quality hotel in Las Vegas, where there is a LOT of selection.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

While I was pleased to learn that your overall stay was enjoyable, I was disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success, and deeply apologize for the challenges you encountered. Please be assured that your concerns have been shared with the appropriate management teams for internal resolution.