“Just like the pics... but.. ehhh..”

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #8 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I was super excited to stay at the Palazzo for my birthday weekend, just based on reviews and other friends I know personally who love the place, but I can't say that I was overly impressed. Maybe my expectations were too high, maybe because of the room issues I was having. IT just didn't leave me wanting to come back. The hotel itself is gorgeous, and has very convenient access to the Venetian. Very nice having nightclubs and shops and everything on-site. Check in went smoothly, I had one of their basic King rooms, and the rooms are gorgeous! Just like in the pictures, the bathroom is awesome with dual sinks, seperate shower/soaking tub, and the toilet has its only litte room with door. So a great bathroom for sharing with others while getting ready. Very spacious. Amenities were cool, witht he flat screen tv, Robes, work desk area, tv in bathroom (which I never used), and Ipod dock. There is no fridge (except for minibar, which don't move anything, you will get charged). The thing that immediately turned me off, was the room had a peculiar smell to it. It smelled like food cooking, or bacon, or popcorn, or a mix of the two. I tried to ignore it, thinking maybe someone ordered room service or such, but after a few hours, it became bothersome, especially since I am sensitive to smells with my allergies/asthma. I called the front desk to ask if I was over some sort of exhaust line for the kitchen/restaurants or something, and they indicated I wasn't. I could see some sort of weird things out my window below, that could have been air traps, but who knows! All I knew is that with the good money being paid to stay there, I really didn't want to smell bacon/popcorn during the duration of my stay. The front desk informed me they were sold out and could not switch me to another room that night, but they did send up an air purifier. I let that run while I went out to enjoy my day, hoping it would help when I returned for the night. It helped "somewhat" by the wee hours of the morning, but I was hoping for a room change. As promised, they did call me in the morning to inform me there was another room available for me to switch too. The new room was on the same side of the hotel, but higher up. Room#2 was still gorgeous, same amenities, and I could tell the circulation in the room was much better, and at the time, no cooked food smells. So I made the luggage switch (with the help of bellhops service, which was great), and was hoping for an enjoyable stay from that point forward. Well, unfortunately, the fresh and airy smell that was there initially, faded over the course of the day, and a faint return of the weird smell returned. Maybe it was just me,,, which I doubt, because the guy that brought the purifier to room#1 said he did smell it too, or maybe I was already tarnished from Night#1, but there was just something in that Palazzo room and venthilation system that was not agreeing with my senses. I sure hope that's not their "signature" scent, cause it was not a good one in my opinion. I didn't want to go through the hassle of asking for another room, and wasting more time on my already shortened vacation. And I did love the room and the efforts the staff attempted to take to resolve the problem. They even gave me a food and beverage credit for my inconvenience. But for this reason alone, and never uncovering the source of that mysterious and troublesome smell, I would not stay there again. I had a great time at Lavo Party Brunch, which I would highly recommend (and will probably write a seperate review for), and I did partake in the Canyon Ranch Spa (another ehh.. compared to other spas I visitied this trip in vegas, more reviews to write). So for other travelers, I would say that the room is comfortable, gorgeous, the staff is friendly and helpful, and maybe if you are not sensitive to smells, and wanna give it a try.. Go ahead!! I think I could have given the Palazzo a higher rating, had I not had the problems I did. But I just can't run the risk in the future of getting a room that my eyes love but nose does not agree with.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great views!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for allowing The Palazzo to be your host during your recent visit to Las Vegas. Your feedback is much appreciated and is very valuable to us. I am very disappointed to hear that your visit encompassed not only positive aspects but negative ones as well. This is concerning to me as we do strive to provide experiences that are truly phenomenal.

As you know, TripAdvisor reviews are not linked to your reservation and therefore I cannot easily find a way to contact you; however, I will have my Guest Relations team reach out to you via TripAdvisor directly. I encourage you to please be in touch, so that we may resolve the matters at hand and be able to properly exceed your expectations in the future.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We have stayed at the The Palazzo a couple if times when celebrating special occasions. As always, The Palazzo staff make us feel special with quick check-in, with correct accommodations and rooms ready for us. This trip we were celebrating my 50th birthday and had family and friends also coming to stay. Two of our party could not make the trip when their flights were cancelled due to weather. But the rest of us checked in and the IHG Check-in Desk Associate said I could cancel the other reservation without penalty. Everybody just loved their room at The Palazzo and said they definitely would come again and stay here next time they are in Las Vegas. I had a couple of maintenance issues in my room this time and I was VERY IMPRESSED on the rapid response and repair by the maintenance staff. I loved my stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

It sure sounds like you had a wonderful time with us, and I thank you for your loyalty and for choosing The Palazzo as your host during your birthday celebration. I find great joy in knowing that you and your family had a great stay during such a momentous occasion. I am excited for your return visit, so that we may be able to provide yet another experience that is truly unforgettable.

Thank you again, and I look forward to hosting you in the near future.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Stayed here on business Nov 2013 and loved it! The suites are in very good condition. The hotel very quite and a nice area to work. I used the conference center for a conference I was attending. There are many good restaurants but make sure you book a couple days ahead to get a good time slot.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing Las Vegas Blvd, the Strip
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo and for your positive review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you found the suite and property conducive to business.

With over one million square feet of meeting space and one of the country’s largest unobstructed ballrooms, The Venetian | The Palazzo is ready for business. Additionally, every suite has a living room, suitable for smaller business meetings, as well as an in-suite fax and copy machine.

Thank you again for your positive review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

This is probably the sixth or seventh time we have visited this hotel and each time it is just magnificent. Everyone there is great and over helpful and curteous. Casino is spacious and you actually have 2 of them. The restaruants are wonderful tried Aquaknox and fabulous. The Grazie program is wonderful you get great perks. Going back in February for wife's birthday.

Room Tip: You want higher floors with views.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard S

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience and for your loyalty. As a Grazie member you are among our most valued guests; therefore, your kind words mean all the more to me. Thank you for your continued patronage and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo for years to come.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

excellent strip hotel dedicated to service and ioutstanding, though expensive, dining. I enjoyed the comfort of my room. Handicapped facilitities shouldl be equiped with automatic doors which is my only complaint

Room Tip: all are outstanding

Dear Guest,

Thank you for allowing us to host you during your recent visit and for taking the time to share your words of appreciation. We are humbled to have received such thoughtful comments, for there really is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest.

We truly appreciate that you have so kindly allowed us the opportunity to learn about your recent experience and we also appreciate the suggestion you have provided. Please be assured that we do take all feedback and comments seriously, and we will look into them accordingly. We truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

The Palazzo deserves the title of Best in Vegas for all the effort they put into making my stay enjoyable, relaxing, and fun. The accomodations are topped only by the treatment that The Palazzo associates, at all levels pay to making any trip a memorable trip.
The rooms are gorgeous and the selection of restaurants and gaming activities insure that a good time is had by all.
Highly recommended when your travels take you to Las Vegas.

Room Tip: Any room that I have ever stayed at has been way above the standard in Las Vegas. Roomy, comfortabl...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful feedback. Providing an unmatched guest experience is of paramount importance here at The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am pleased to read that you experienced our unmatched guest service and that this made your stay so enjoyable. Thank you for sharing and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Went for a conference and was upgraded to a suite with its own work out room with an eliptical machine. The bathroom was enormous with fabulous shower and jetted tub. Great view of the mountains and two huge picture windows. The service was wonderful and I felt truly pampered.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! It is a pleasure to read about how much you enjoyed our opulent accommodations. Our standard is a suite and we not only provide the largest standard accommodations on the Las Vegas Strip, but some of the best upgraded suites, such as your suite.

I value your patronage and certainly hope to host you again so that we may continue to amaze you with our Unmatched Service Standards and opulent accommodations.