“Great for a Special Treat!”

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #7 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reno, Nevada
“Great for a Special Treat!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

The Palazzo is a beautiful hotel with above average room and amenities. Each room is a suite that comes with a separate couch TV area including a desk with wireless printer! The bathroom is huge with a tub and separate shower, double sinks and a makeup area. The housekeeping staff was wonderful, quick and always ready to assist with requests - allergy free pillows; extra towels; forgotten amenities. The only thing is this is a very expensive hotel and with the added "resort fees" whether used or not it makes it expensive to stay here. There are much better deals on the strip and those hotels are very nice also, just not as 'over the top' as The Palazzo, therefore, I would stay there if it was a special treat. The one surprising benefit is that we were able to find great food for very good prices right in the hotel!

Room Tip: Every room is a suite, so they are all the same, except some are kings some are double queens.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Teri G
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us and for choosing The Palazzo. I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your suite and consider the hotel to be a special treat.

As a recommendation for your return visit, I invite you to join our hotel loyalty program, Grazie. With your exclusive membership, you are able to take advantage of members-only benefits including exclusive discounted rates for future stays.

Again, I thank you for your kind words, and I look forward to your next visit with us.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,558)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Orange, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

My husband and I truly loved our four night stay at The Palazzo in December! From the moment we arrived until our departure, The Palazzo dazzled our senses with such beauty and luxury, it clearly is now at the top of our list for Las Vegas hotels! The suites are palatial in size and comfort, and even though we didn't upgrade to a strip view, we had an outstanding view of Treasure Island across the street, and The Mirage where we could watch the volcano erupt nightly.

The connection with the Venetian hotel gave us an abundance of choices for shopping, dining, gambling and attractions. The winter peacock display was my favorite. We also enjoyed our visit to Tao nightclub and Emeril Lagasse's restaurant Table 10. So much to do, so little time, we will return!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Debra M
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for allowing us to host you during your recent visit and for taking the time to share your experience. I am humbled to have received such thoughtful comments, for there really is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Your feedback is a testament and reflection of the continued success of The Venetian |The Palazzo’s diligent strides towards personalized and second-to-none service and for our clear and paramount five-diamond vision.

Once again I genuinely thank you for your time and for your kind words, the words that have reminded us of our agreement, ability and empowerment to continue our pursuit of providing our guests with nothing less than the best.

Boucherville, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

I was attending a business conference during the week of feb 9-14.
My wife decided to join me for this trip to rediscover the sin city has she was here last in 1987.
To optimize her experience, and to be closer to the Sands Expo, we decided to book a Prestige Suite at the Palazzo, next to the Venetian, ranked very high on tripadvisor.
Upon our arrival, after a long walk across the casino we finally found the elevators to reach the 23rd floor, where the prestige level registration desk is located. Nothing Prestige about the desk...
Anyhow, we checked in to our suite. First impression is good but once you start discovering the suite you realize quickly it has nothing to do with the price you pay.
The suite was dusty everyday we were there (3 nights in total). Furthermore, the bed's mattress was incredibly not comfortable, as on one of the sides, my wife's body was falling in a deep hole. We immediately asked for them to correct the issue. When we got back to the suite they had switched the mattress around, and it was now me who was digging a hole in the mattress. The next morning, we asked again for them to resolve the issue.
When we returned at night from our tiresome day, we were hoping for a comfy bed. They had replaced the mattress but it was even worse.

Also, throughout our stay we found the quality of the air to be poor, very dry and the room difficult to breath in.

After three nights, we decided to check-out and check-in at the tower suites of the Wynn next door...for 40$ less per day.
Although the room was smaller then at the Palazzo, everything else was just outstanding, from the room, to the amazingly comfortable bed, the quality of the air and the entire decor of the hotel.

We have to say although, that the staff of the Palazzo was very courteous, and tried their best to help us. They even gave us a 150$ credit on our invoice at checkout to apologize. We appreciated the gesture.
Nevertheless, from now on, our choice in Vegas will be the tower Suites at the Wynn.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Martin L
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Palazzo as your host during your recent visit to Las Vegas. Please accept my apologies for the several challenges you experienced during your stay. While I was relieved to learn that ultimately you were compensated for the issues that you encountered, I am disappointed that they even took place.

I appreciate your insightful feedback. It is never our intention to cause our guests this unnecessary stress or inconvenience, so please allow me to assure you that your most recent experience is not the standard of our resort. Again, I apologize that you were not extended our Unmatched Guest Services throughout your entire stay.

I value your patronage and hope that this atypical experience will not deter you from visiting our property again.

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights. Rooms are large and quiet and the bed is very comfortable. My only complaint is a lack of electrical outlets by the bed - I like to use my iPhone as an alarm but I had to plug it in all the way over by the desk. I say it is a bit tired because TV near the bed does not work well - it would not always turn on to main screen - and the channel changer did not work (I think it has been used to often). Room has a bit of a smell that I think comes from the kitchen. I asked them to spray the room with air freshener and that helped a bit.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ryanpeg
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Palazzo as your host during your recent visit to Las Vegas. I am disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success, and I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. I take these matters very seriously and will most certainly use your comments to better our services.

Thank you for your patronage, and I look forward to an opportunity of hosting you in the future.

UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

Fantastic hotel, everything you could possibily want or need is at hand within the hotel!! (you could spend a week just in the hotel shops, bars and restaurants....!! Located towards the quieter north end of the strip. Massive suites, extremley comfy bed, THREE television in the suite. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Theres a bus stop just outside the hotel which will take you to the premium shopping outlet (about 20 mins). You can get a 24hr bus ticket for $8. Would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NO1ADDICT
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for recognizing the beauty and unsurpassed services and accommodations of The Palazzo. We take great pride in our suites and the amenities that they have to offer as well as the gracious service that is extended by my team. I am happy that you were able to experience the remarkable ambiance of The Palazzo, and it was a true pleasure having you at our resort. I do hope you will choose The Palazzo once again, and I look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful visit.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

Rooms were nice, people were helpful, hotel was beautiful. Location is perfect. I loved the juice bar right outside the elevators. Got one each morning before a walk. Lagasse sports bar was the great.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Tricia R
Dear Guest,

I truly appreciate the kind sentiments you have shared of our impeccable suites, prime location and divine shopping and dining options at The Palazzo. We endeavor to provide one-of-a-kind experiences to our guests with a wide array of amenities and services under one roof, so I am glad that you experienced what we have to offer.

Thank you for choosing The Palazzo, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

Highly recommend the Palazzo. The rooms are amazing and the service is fantastic. Haven't stayed at other places in LV, but this is a 'look no further' type of property. It also helps to be part of the IHG program.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank joziboy
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I am particularly pleased to read that you are an Intercontinental Hotels Rewards Member. As the first ever Intercontinental Alliance resort we are proud to have received such a glowing review as IHG Rewards members are among our most important guests. I thank you again for your review and look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo in the near future.