“This place is horrible”

GreenLeadersGold level
San Francisco, California
“This place is horrible”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We paid for early check in at about 6am after a long drive from the Bay Area. The check in process was slow. After a shower all I wanted to do was sleep but found the mattress turned upside down. Are you kidding me.... I called front desk and asked what they could do, waive the $25 resort fee on a $500 stay. No apology for inconvenience or common customer service courtesy 101.

I asked to change rooms, which they finally brought a key after waiting another 1 hour. Will never stay here again. Horrible service and lacking customer service.

Stayed May 2014
7 Thank SFLadies

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,677)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for eights nights when visiting Las Vegas & surrounding Nevada area. The hotel service was excellent from when we first entered. The rooms was an good size with some great features, but would of been better with a coffee maker in room. Pool area were great with plenty of areas to sit in the sun, but can get very busy! You could spend a lot of time just looking around the shops, restaurants, casino etc between the Palazzo & Venetian, it's a big hotel. Will be staying here again when visiting Vegas.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mike70382
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing you experience on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to read that The Venetian | The Palazzo provided an amazing place to stay while traveling. I look forward to welcoming you back each and every time your travels bring you to Las Vegas.

London
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stayed there with my wife over Easter, It was clean with fantastic suites and the staff were all extremely helpful. There are so many great hotels in Vegas and this is one of the best. The Canal Shopping walk is amazing and worth checking out Tower Delicatessen for a pastrami sandwich which is based in the food hall at the Venetian.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Davidmyers27
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Providing unmatched guest service and experience are hallmarks of our property and I am especially pleased to read that you felt this commitment during your stay. It was my pleasure to share your positive experience with our team. They truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

East Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Palazzo from April 22nd for three nights. We were greeted by a very nice fellow that took our bags and welcomed us to the hotel with a huge smile and such enthusiasm! We had an early flight and were very grateful that our room was ready when we arrived! It was our first time stay and we didn't know what to expect. We were very impressed with our room as well as our view! We were invited for a slot tournament with three free nights stay. We usually visit Vegas at least once a year and being a Harrah's Diamond member, we stay at one of their properties. We have stayed at many hotels in Vegas as well as Atlantic City including suites but have to say this suite was the most impressive of them all! That includes the high end rooms at Caesars Palace! We loved the sunken living room area and the lovely large bathroom!. Our room was very clean, spacious and our view of the pool below as well as the mountains and strip were terrific! It was a very quite room which is a plus as I am a very light sleeper! My husband loved playing with the switcher used to open and close the drapes. (Men and their switchers!!!). Although an extremely spacious property, we were able to find our way around with no problems! We didn't go to the pool as it was very windy and a little to cool for us so I can not rate the pool area. There are lots of restaurants to choose from and our favorite was the Grand Lux Cafe at the Palazzo! The menu is enormous, the food was excellent, the portions are huge, the wait staff was friendly and the prices were very reasonable! We loved our stay and we look forward to being invited back again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MLOU19
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Palazzo as host for your recent visit to Las Vegas and taking the time to share your feedback with us. Your comparison of other properties and deeming us as you do is one of the highest compliments we could ever receive, and I am truly grateful and humbled. We strive to provide experiences under one roof, so that you may truly live the exciting atmosphere of The Palazzo.

I look forward to your return visit.

Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed here with 3 other gals in a room with two queen beds.
Pull out sofa bed was where I slept.
I asked for extra blanket from concierge and grabbed a pillow from one of the beds.
Slightly hard on the back but managed to have two good night sleep on these.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience on TripAdvisor. I am particularly pleased that you recognized the unsurpassed suite accommodations at The Venetian. As the only all-suite hotel on the Las Vegas Strip we are very proud of our standard suites, and I am pleased that you valued them as well.

Again, thank you for your encouraging review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to exceeding your expectations during your next trip to Las Vegas.

Irving, Texas
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed in hotel a total of 3 nights, beginning of the stay was okay, the last day was unbelievable. My friend called housekeeping for towels, when she arrive we informed her of a problem in the adjoining room. There was a open condom on the floor by the side of the bed. Housekeeping stated she would get the floor manager to address this problem. The so called floor manager arrived took pictures of the condom and proceed to look around the bed. Floor manager stated she will have housekeeping come back to the room to pick up the condom and clean the room. The phone in the adjoining was ringing several times, person on the phone pretended to be the manager of the hotel and stated she was working from home. The so call hotel manager wanted to speak with and get the cell number to the lady that reserved and paid for the rooms. Her cell number was given to the so called hotel manager. So called hotel manager was apologizing for the issue in the adjoining room, she was promising dinner at the hotel restaurant and other voucher or perks for the incident and was going to issue a $1300 dollar or so credit . The lady which reserved the rooms had several conservations with the so called hotel manager on her cell phone. During the conversations the so called hotel manager was claiming she couldn't put the credit on the credit/debit card without having the whole number, therefore the card number was given to her over the phone. Returned to the room, no correspondence was left regarding the dinner at the hotel or any vouchers or perks. Phone call was placed to the front desk, front desk had no idea of any issue with the room. Credit/debit card was check, it was in the negative. I truly believe this was a set up which involved housekeeping @ the Palazzo. We were all ladies having a ladies only trip. Items were placed in the room by housekeeping for us to find and housekeeping knew we were going to call. Items left where an open mini vodka bottle and a open probably used condom. This incident on Saturday April 26th ruined the entire trip. I personally never trusted housekeeping to enter my room while I stayed at any hotel, and this proved me right!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
12 Thank Charlinda S
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

By far my favorite hotel in Vegas. Rooms are amazing, multiple pools as you also have access to Venetian pools, location is fantastic and the hotel staff are more than accommodating. No complaints here.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Krystal V
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Guest,

It is with great joy to know that you consider The Venetian your favorite place to stay because it was a true pleasure hosting you. We are quite proud of the experiences The Venetian has to offer, but what I am most fond of is the service that is extended by my teams. I am humbled that you felt the genuine care that we are passionate in extending to our valued guests.

Thank you so much again for your wonderful review, and we most certainly look forward to being your oasis in the heart of the desert.