The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Caesars Palace(Las Vegas)
US$213
US$169
  • Pool
MGM Grand Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$96
  • Restaurant
Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$319
US$260
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$67
US$58
US$21
  • Pool
The Mirage Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$250
US$89
Cancelon
16,353 results
All reviewsprestige levelprestige loungemorelssunken living roomgrand luxcanyon ranch spawynn golf coursebella suiteluxury suitesister hotelbeautiful hoteltreasure islandrooms are hugefashion show mallremote controlstrip viewsitting area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed in a suite that was absolutely beautiful. The only exception was that the marble countertops were stained where guests had allowed glasses that were wet to stain the marble. There was also a "strange" stain on one of the couches. Too bad with such a newer property. Aside from the $5.00 for a cup of coffee.... the casino is great.... I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Get a strip view... always worth it to see the lights.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Dennis W,

Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay at The Palazzo. I am so glad you were able to experience what The Palazzo has to offer. I do also thank you for your candidness regarding the marble and couches. We refurbish and renovate our suites on a regular basis to ensure that what we have to offer is the very best, so I thank you for bringing this to my attention. We will look into this accordingly.

I hope you consider The Palazzo again for your future travels to Las Vegas. It would be an honor to host you again.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed at the Palazzo for business (Venetian same trip last year) and was quite pleased with the accommodations both times. The rooms are huge for a single individual, adequately decorated, very clean, and quite comfortable. My room service experience was exactly what I expected. No long delays, but not speed demon service either. Delivery staff was very pleasant and the food excellent. Second year in a row I've ordered the sea bass, I definitely recommend it. I appreciated that I could exit my room and get to the Sands Convention Center via the second floor and by-pass the smoke and noise of the casino altogether. Front desk staff is quite pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for once again choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo as host for your yearly convention trip. I find great joy in knowing that your expectations were once again exceeded. You are correct indeed, and I thank you so much for advising our fellow travelers about the ability to bypass the casino areas through the Grand Canal Shoppes to get from your suite to the Sands Convention Center. This has been a very helpful strategy for guests who do not wish to go through the casino floor. I am also so glad that your in-suite dining experience has been truly lovely. The Sea Bass is delicious indeed!

Again, I thank you, and I hope to welcome you back to our wonderful property in the near future.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Whew! Where to begin this comedy of errors? Well, I got this hotel off Priceline Express, and was very excited about it - my first 5-star hotel! Priceline wins are for the standard suite, with one king bed, and I knew my friend and I would need two. I was told on the phone it wouldn't be an issue to upgrade once I got there, but unfortunately, it was an issue. Oh boy, was it an issue!

Let me backtrack a bit - before my trip, I'd been reading all about the front desk tip - where you tip your desk clerk and they (hopefully) give you a complimentary upgrade. It felt sketchy to me, but my friend who works in Vegas assured me it's how things work. I figured it couldn't hurt to try, and if it worked, I'd save some money, right?

So an acquaintance who was travelling with us and staying in another room at the Palazzo, also a Priceline special, tried the front desk tip first. It worked like a charm for her - she was informed no complimentary upgrades were available. She slid a $20 over the desk, the clerk smirked at her, and magically, complimentary upgrades became available! I felt better about my chances to get an upgrade to a room with two beds, and tried my luck. I took a deep breath and braved the desk.

Instead of the usual $20, I put a $50 in between my credit card and ID when I checked in, and asked if a complimentary upgrade to a room with two beds was available. The ultra-polite clerk didn't even acknowledge it and discreetly slid it back to me, and oh man, I was overcome with embarrassment.

I then said, I'd like to pay for a Bella upgrade, please. He said that no rooms with two beds (Bella suite) were available. I started to panic, and asked if he could please look at the Venetian availability as well. Nope. My panic grew. (I have terrible insomnia, and knew that if I had to share a bed, I literally wouldn't sleep for four days, and I was already suffering from lack of sleep.) The clerk appeared nervous and new, and I now wonder if he wasn't being closely monitored. He kept trying to upsell me to a bigger suite than the Bella, which I couldn't afford. He could see how (quietly) panicked and upset I was, and assured me that the standard suite had a pull out bed. I was still terribly embarrassed and am not the type to fuss, so I meekly took my room key and went up to the room.

We were appalled by the narrow, lumpy, hard-as-a-rock pullout sofa bed. Plus there was stale popcorn on both sides of the pullout bed, and visible dust in the room. I tried to make a joke of it, "Well, this is clearly the Priceline room!" but was very upset (I'd really been looking forward to this trip, and was exhausted/still feeling the effects of the Ambien I'd taken to try and sleep the night before). I plopped down on the bed and burst into tears, like an idiot, but luckily my friend sprung into action. She called down to the front desk, politely but firmly told them the room was unacceptable, and ended up getting us a Bella suite, which I had *just* been told was unavailable. They couldn't have been nicer, but I wondered why they had just told me no Bellas were available, when they obviously were! I knew they had to be. So that felt very odd and off-putting, and at that point, I really just wanted out of the Palazzo and to start my trip over.

But we went up to our new room, and it was a hundred times nicer and brighter and cleaner than the old one. They threw in a view of Treasure Island for free (view rooms usually cost more). Still some visible dust and drink rings, but really lovely. The beds were comfortable and it was spacious, but the best part was the glorious bathroom! A soaking tub you could practically float in, with a separate shower, and a TV over the double sinks. The toilet is in a separate room with its own door, so someone can take care of business while another person bathes. The water pressure was great (turn on the bath tap and it's filled in about a minute), but weirdly, the shower head didn't produce a very strong flow, so if you take showers instead of baths, be warned that you could get frustrated.

There was a mini-fridge, but it's motion-activated, so if you remove anything from it, you pay (incredibly inflated prices) for it. You can rent a mini fridge from the Palazzo, but it's something like $25 a night. So instead, go down to the Walgreens between the Venetian and Palazzo (just go out the Palazzo front doors and walk to the left), get yourself a styrofoam cooler and fill it with ice, and voila!

I had medication I had to keep cool, so I called the front desk, and they told me I could move a couple of things out of the fridge and they wouldn't charge me for it, which was very sweet.

The staff was always lovely, from the concierge desk to housekeeping. I got a terrible nosebleed, so housekeeping brought me a humidifier, which really helped in the dry desert. Because I had a medical issue, the humidifier was complimentary, but normally I think they charge for it - so if you need one for non-medical reasons, hit up the Walgreens, would be my advice. It's going to be cheaper than using the hotel one.

There's a little gift store downstairs, before you hit the elevator bank up to the guest suites, but they charge $6 for a bottle of water, so again, Walgreens! Definitely try the wonderful and reasonably priced Grand Lux Cafe, we didn't have a bad meal there! And you can get your food to go and eat it in your room, a do-it-yourself room service we enjoyed. The made-to-order beignets were heaven!

The Palazzo casino was smaller, quieter, and way less smelly and smoky than most. Compared to its sister property, the Venetian, the Palazzo is quieter, darker, and more understated. The crowd felt older. The room color schemes were going for understated elegance, but I found kind of dated and depressing. Lots of seventies mustard gold and burgundy. Our second room was teal, which was the best, in my opinion. The Palazzo lobby decor changes, and during our trip, it was a weird blend of purple ribbon roses on the tall marble columns and...barrels? Wooden barrels strewn about decoratively, I don't know why. I think just plain flowers would have been prettier.

The Grand Canal Shoppes that connect the Palazzo and Venetian are fantastic, if you like shopping/window shopping. We enjoyed wandering around for hours, enjoying the ice cold a/c. Speaking of a/c, the temperature in the guest suites was easy to change and maintain. The curtains were remote controlled, which was neat.

So, would I stay at the Palazzo again? Probably not, because of that awful first day. But next time I might stay at the Venetian. (But not using Priceline, if I need two beds!)

Room Tip: Our first room had a view of a parking lot, the second one had a view of Treasure Island. Try to get a room with a good view!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear nomoreredeyes,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your review providing so many details and insights. I am particularly struck by the detail that you provided future visitors to The Palazzo. I appreciate your thoughtful review and concern to advise fellow travelers of the tips, locations and moments that made your stay memorable as well as areas in which could have been improved.

Your review will certainly assist us in ensuring that all of our standards and regulations are adhered to, and that we make any necessary improvements. Thank you again.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We upgraded to 'prestige' with comes with quite a lot of nice offerings like a private champagne check-in away from the hustle & bustle...which after a long morning of travel was very much appreciated. The room was stunning, marble floors, a step down living room, the most luxurious bathroom and wonderfully comfy bed. 3 flat screen TVs in the room including one in the bathroom... but the view from the giant picture window was amazing! Access to a private pool, an elegant private lounge, a complimentary cocktails / hors d'oeuvres reception each evening as well as a full breakfast every morning and your own private concierge were included in the prestige package. Well worth the price of the upgrade. The private lounge has THE best views of the strip in the entire hotel, it's quiet and relaxing, not to mention beautiful. The staff is overly accommodating and not pretentious, just warm and friendly. We were granted a late check-out which was helpful since we had a very late evening flight out. We saw the Panda show in the theater which was very entertaining and we of course spent plenty of time gambling. The Palazzo is connected to The Venetian via a shopping walkway which had some lovely shops to look through. We did not eat at any of the stand alone restaurants in Palazzo aside from a coffee shop, so I can't speak for those places but the hotel itself is someplace I look forward to returning to!

Room Tip: pay the upgrade for a 'strip view' room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear terptravels,

Thank you so much for choosing The Palazzo and more specifically Prestige at The Palazzo. Prestige is definitely an amazing upgrade with truly luxurious offerings such as the private champagne check-in and an elegant private lounge, as you mentioned. I am delighted that you were able to take advantage of what Prestige at The Palazzo had to offer. We endeavor to extend a truly memorable and one-of-a-kind experience, so it is with great jubilance that you were able to experience just that.

Thank you so much for also recognizing our green efforts. I look forward to welcoming you back to where luxury abounds, right here at Prestige at The Palazzo.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The accommodations were far and away beyond my expectations. The Spa was spectacular and the fitness facility exceptional. From the room, to the amenities, to the remarkable customer service, this was the best hotel experience I've had in Las Vegas. This is my new Vegas destination.

Room Tip: Obviously, shoot for a room on the "Strip" side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Mongo J,

Thank you so much for deeming The Palazzo as "the best hotel experience" you have had in Las Vegas. That is a wonderful compliment, and I thank you for your high recommendation and adoration for our property. I am delighted that you had a wonderful time and were able to feel right at home. I hope to welcome you back again soon as it would be an honor to host you again.